• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 Quarantine Overload by DualX

NJ Shlice

The following Gametypes and Maps were created by DualX from The Ascendant Justice Forums.

I am merely a messenger on his behalf. The GAF Gods have yet to grant him admission.

Everything seen here is in my Fileshare. Updated Quarantine gametype, all 6 maps, 4 previews, and tons of pictures. Get it while it's hot.

Side note: The films that actually say "Preview" in them show off some Killtactulars, and the second film of High Ground "Zombie Slayer" is from a friend of mine where he actually achieved a Killimanjaro.

Before I go on to describe the gametype itself I would like to point out that some of these maps would not be as good as they are now if it wasn't for DioSega, since he has helped me with every single map including High Ground which started it all. Snowbound is his own creation, with some slight tweaks with my help, but hasn't had the real testing that it desperately needs like a few others. I also want to thank Blaze97 for his awesome work on Construct, I had to do some minor modifications to make it fair for both teams. Drew McDuffy for helping me learn a few things about Forge, and making sure my spawns are right.

Quarantine - The ever-lasting fight between humans and zombies. Humans are only delaying the inevitable.

Recommended Player Count = 8 - 16
The more you have, the better.

Game Settings-
3 Rounds. No time limit because the rounds do not normally last that long.
Survivors are not allowed to pick-up and use the Sword. It's a Zombie only weapon. Period.
You only get points by killing zombies, not the other way around. Player with the most kills at the end of the 3rd round wins.

Zombie Stats-
Starting Weapon: Sword
Shields: None
Forced Color: Green
Run Speed: 125%
Gravity: 75% (higher jumping)
Damage Resistance: 110%

Alpha Zombie Stats-
Count: 1
Same as normal zombies except with a few other changes which are labeled below.
Forced Color: Black
Run Speed: 150%
Headshot Immune: Enabled

After going through several testing phases with the gametype, I knew that the Alpha Zombie would have to be slightly more powerful to begin with just so it isn't too hard for him to rack up a few kills early on. I have enabled his immunity from headshots since most of the maps have been fitted with Battle Rifles & Magnums. And, just so that the initial zombie isn't too overcome, I've increased his speed only a tad bit more.

Survivors-
Starting Weapon: SMG
No Forced Color
Run Speed: Normal
Gravity: Normal
Friendly Fire: Off
Radar: Enchanced View (This enables you to see zombies and allies on your radar even if they do not move)

Last Man Standing-
Unlimited Ammo.

Basic Map Generalization-
Survivors will normally spawn within an area that will have other, better, weapons. Not all survivors will be able to get a hold of said weapons (even though the SMG is quite capable of taking out zombies). All survivors must try to gain and hold a certain strategic point of the map which will allow them to gain a better defensive against the zombies, and more importantly, live longer. In these areas, will be more weapons and grenade, and a Machinegun Turret.

Hidden around the map will be certain, special, weapons which will be most often almost required for a good defensive. These "special" weapons normally include: Battle Rifle (three with only one spare clip), Sniper Rifle (one with only one spare clip), Trip Mines (two, often sitting next to each other), Rocket Launcher (no changes to the weapon except that it is sitting in a "not so safe" place), and the Flamethrower (no changes, just hidden). Most of these special weapons have a longer respawn time than normal just so that they are not overly used. Good hunting.

The Survivors have placed "zombie traps" on certain areas of the map. These "traps" are basically a line of explosives which can easily take out a group of zombies. The humans have also blocked off certain areas lessening their options as to where they can actually move about on the map.

Lastly, make sure you make good use of the Turrets...because they don't spawn back.

High Ground
3958013-Full.jpg

3970529-Full.jpg

3971982-Full.jpg

Isolation
8834306-Full.jpg

8834350-Full.jpg

8834417-Full.jpg

8834812-Full.jpg

Construct
8651169-Full.jpg

8651803-Full.jpg

8652361-Full.jpg

8834694-Full.jpg

The Pit
8834874-Full.jpg

8834743-Full.jpg

Guardian
8834557-Full.jpg

8834623-Full.jpg

8656012-Full.jpg

Snowbound
8834984-Full.jpg

8835066-Full.jpg

If you would like to help out by testing some of the current maps you see here, or just want to have fun in a big game of Quarantine, send me a friend request. XBL Tag: DualX

NJ x Falkor said:
If you would like to help out by testing some of the current maps you see here, or just want to have fun in a big and actually fun game of Zombies, send me a friend request. XBL Tag: DualX

There. FTFY.

Chinner

Banned
I've been playing this gametype for quite awhile now, and it's easily one of the best zombie gametypes (and maps) out there.

NJ Shlice

DualX and I are really interested in gathering Gamertags of people who are interested in helping us out with playtesting Dualx's new Quarantine stuff.

We are constantly making modifications and new maps.

So if you are interested, throw your Gamertag down on this thread or send a Friend Request to DualX

DualX

FINALLY have my account up and running. I am the creator of these maps and the gametype.

I feel that our play testing of awesomeness was very short-lived. We need to give this another go if you guys are up to it.

I'm going to be going through and modifying the maps to make them better, just like I did with High Ground today, and I'm still working on a new map for Last Resort that I think you guys will love when it's finished.

With the new Legendary map pack coming out, I really can't wait to see what kind of mood I'll be able to set with the new filters and the layouts in general. It's going to be an awesome experience, and I hope I can share that with you all.

Send me a friend invite if you want to join us! Also please note that I do not have the newer version of High Ground on my fileshare, yet, although the ones that you previously downloaded didn't have the descriptions that I placed on all of the 6 maps to match the setting and the gametype itself.

Teknoman

Count me in.

Gamertag: TeknomanEX

Have the normal and Heroic (of course now) maps, but still not sure if i'll have any points around when legendary hits.

Also i wish there was a way to get video from HALO 3 onto the PC through the fileshare.

Though with your permission, I might be able to record some of the more crazy fun QO matches and post em.

Sent a request.

NJ Shlice

Glad to see this up and running again with you at the helm.

I'll be playtesting this stuff with you so if anyone is interested let us know.

DualX

Teknoman said:
Though with your permission, I might be able to record some of the more crazy fun QO matches and post em.
Most definitely. I want to be able to have a handful of people that are willing to play of these games whenever possible. Those videos can only make it more popular. =)

What time do you normally get on?

Ggalaz

I am down for this as it sounds fun. My tag is Ggallaz. I'll send a friend request to DualX, I usually hop on between 9-11 p.m. (GMT -8).

DualX

Sorry for the delay, I'm going to start up some games in about 5 hours, 5pm CST. I hope you guys can make it.

Teknoman

Damn I would join now, but im working on a paper atm. However if there is another game next weekend or sometime after Thursday, i'll definatly be there.

DualX

Yeah, haha. I'll make sure that base is secured next time.

What did you think of the other maps though?

DualX

Sorry for the double-post, but I noticed that a ton of people are downloading my other infection gametype and not the one I made specifically for these maps (Quarantine). I thought that was kind of funny.

DualX

I've decided to go back and remake the maps that I've already released. Each map will be created from scratch again while still using a lot of the ideas that made each map fun to begin with. The changes that will be made will be for the better as I've noticed several things that could have been implemented more effectively including making it fair as much as possible for each team.

Now with these changes to the maps, I've also taken the liberty to make some very minor changes to the gametype itself. Changes include:
- +5 points added to the last remaining human
- Secondary weapon, Magnum, has been given to humans at start

With these changes, I've also come up with the idea of certain gameplay themes for each map on how they will be played like the two I have listed currently "Defend" (I was going to have it labeled "Defense" but whenever I upload the map it turns to BLAM! =/ ) and "Rush."

The Defend maps will be made to have the 'human' players spawn directly on the base side, and have them nearby the "Last Stand" locations.

Side Note: For those of you who don't know what a "Last Stand" location is, it's the place where you want to be at when over half the people in the game are a zombie. These places will, more likely than not, have a fortified position surrounding a Turret. This is your best chance of surviving when things get crazy and people start dieing.

The Rush maps will have the 'human' players spawn at a point furthest from any "Last Stand" zones. These players will have to fight their way through the infected in order to make it to any possible safe area.

I've uploaded the updated Quarantine gametype and the two maps (High Ground and Isolation) that I just finished working on. Since it's been kinda hard for me to coordinate with anyone that likes these gametypes, I would really appreciate it if whoever is trying these new maps out to link me to a good save film of the full match, and/or possibly critique the maps. I'll adjust and hopefully attempt to make the map better according to my feedback. Thanks.

Top Bottom