• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

IHaveIce

Banned
I'm not going to bother posting a separate thread. If we keep it here, only the HaloGAF hardcore should be in it really. I'm saying this now - no SWAT triple kills. I did it for the sake of it being a community montage, but I'm going full diva and demanding serious QUALITY from you fine folk.

Alrighty. I have one where you have to make some zoom ins at the scoreboard 8)

Will create some more

So how bad was the Optic Gaming match? They got beat by Swampdonnjkeys? Who did they replace Stellar with? I missed everything today because I'm working nights this week. Also missed the beginning of the new OT ;_; Was expecting to see "Achille's Heel," but it wasn't to be I guess.
Ideally there should be a place in game that lets you spectate pro matches yourself, and choose your own pov. Have it include caster and player audio as well.
That would be amazing.

BraXzy

I'm not going to bother posting a separate thread. If we keep it here, only the HaloGAF hardcore should be in it really. I'm saying this now - no SWAT triple kills. I did it for the sake of it being a community montage, but I'm going full diva and demanding serious QUALITY from you fine folk.

Looks at clips.

giphy.gif

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

2aAutfL.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

What about breakout? ;)

Strider

Woah Ninja did cost them the win on Truth slayer and the CTF match, that guy can't slow a match down. :/ Spartan tried really hard to carry.

It's really hard to root for Ninja sometimes. He makes some dumb decisions and plays then will blame teammates :/

Renegades are clearly a top 4 team. If/When Ninja becomes more consistent and can put together good games throughout a series they'll start beating the other top teams. They should have won that series 2-0.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It's really hard to root for Ninja sometimes. He makes some dumb decisions and plays then will blame teammates :/

Renegades are clearly a top 4 team. If/When Ninja becomes more consistent and can put together good games throughout a series they'll start beating the other top teams. They should have won that series 2-0.

I honestly think he plays better solo. He wasn't listening to his team from what I could tell and he is way too aggressive.

jem0208

Woah Ninja did cost them the win on Truth slayer and the CTF match, that guy can't slow a match down. :/ Spartan tried really hard to carry.

He lost the Truth slayer game but that Fathom CTF wasn't his fault. Falling to his death potentially lost them a cap but if he hadn't it wouldn't have meant they won. Other than that he didn't play that badly on the Fathom game.

Ramirez

And just like that, the montage drops from 16 mins to 4.

BraXzy

He didn't seem to take criticism after the game too well either, but I suppose immediately after a loss you are gonna be slightly salty and not wanting to hear you potentially contributed to the loss. He is a good player though, I hope RNG does well.

Currently been watching Lethul's stream, CLG are in pretty good form huh?

IHaveIce

Banned

on top of that he clutters the callouts with unimportant stuff, he has to be more focused
He lost the Truth slayer game but that Fathom CTF wasn't his fault. Falling to his death potentially lost them a cap but if he hadn't it wouldn't have meant they won. Other than that he didn't play that badly on the Fathom game.

Nah even in the ctf game he made weird pushes, he did not call out important stuff, rushed to the bottom eventhough he had rail, he sprinted with camo into 2 enemies, which made the camo wasted

jem0208

on top of that he clutters the callouts with unimportant stuff, he has to be more focused

Nah even in the ctf game he made weird pushes, he did not call out important stuff, rushed to the bottom eventhough he had rail, he sprinted with camo into 2 enemies, which made the camo wasted

Eh, he didn't that well on Fathom CTF bu he didn't lose RNG the game.

Velcoro

He didn't seem to take criticism after the game too well either, but I suppose immediately after a loss you are gonna be slightly salty and not wanting to hear you potentially contributed to the loss. He is a good player though, I hope RNG does well.

Currently been watching Lethul's stream, CLG are in pretty good form huh?

I dislike CLG because of the way they treated 2gre and whole thing with Lxthul/EG. But you cant deny their talent they are definitely the team to beat. Frosty and Royal 2 are beasts. Still rooting for EG.

BraXzy

I dislike CLG because of the way they treated 2gre and whole thing with Lxthul/EG. But you cant deny their talent they are definitely the team to beat. Frosty and Royal 2 are beasts. Still rooting for EG.

True, true. They definitely lost a lot of backing from fans so to speak. That caused such a big wave of events between teams. I'm glad 2gre got onto a team but it does suck how he got replaced. He's not gonna be at X-Games either now is he? :(

Hahaha i only learned from my mentor. Their name is BraXzy.

I'm just glad my "skills" have rubbed off on someone else!

Kalentan

Guess I should repost this here, cause I have no idea if the person I replied too will see the post I made in the last OT (Didn't see that a new OT had been made since I looked at my post history.)

I think it's the 'people don't die instantly' syndrome you get after playing other shooters for years.

It's one of few shooters these days where getting the jump on some doesn't guaruntee a kill.

Honestly... The whole "people don't die instantly" is where Halo 5 just confuses the fuck out of me. If someone gets the jump on me, I'm dead in around ~2 seconds or so. Since apparently most people in this game have aiming blessed by fucking god or something and missing is same as seeing a unicorn.

The aiming still feels so freaking off even after the patch and honestly, almost seems worse. People have ESP or something, cause apparently my radar doesn't work and they know my exact movements without even needing to see me even when I'm across the map.

The more I play, the more I'm starting to hate the game. Which is never how I felt playing the other Halo's. Hell, at this point, I feel Halo 4 was even more enjoyable then this shit.

E92 M3

Guess I should repost this here, cause I have no idea if the person I replied too will see the post I made in the last OT (Didn't see that a new OT had been made since I looked at my post history.)

Honestly... The whole "people don't die instantly" is where Halo 5 just confuses the fuck out of me. If someone gets the jump on me, I'm dead in around ~2 seconds or so. Since apparently most people in this game have aiming blessed by fucking god or something and missing is same as seeing a unicorn.

The aiming still feels so freaking off even after the patch and honestly, almost seems worse. People have ESP or something, cause apparently my radar doesn't work and they know my exact movements without even needing to see me even when I'm across the map.

The more I play, the more I'm starting to hate the game. Which is never how I felt playing the other Halo's. Hell, at this point, I feel Halo 4 was even more enjoyable then this shit.

What helped me fall in love with the aiming was turning the acceleration to 2 and both deadzones to 0. Try it!

Does anyone know what emblem Snipedown has and how to get it?

I haven't seen any other player use it whether it be a pro or people I face in matchmaking

BraXzy

Does anyone know what emblem Snipedown has and how to get it?

I haven't seen any other player use it whether it be a pro or people I face in matchmaking

I don't think I've ever seen that either. I'm gonna guess that it is unlocked at level 100, and I'll see if I can find out for sure.

Edit: I was totally off. The emblem is called 'Renewing Worlds'. It was a Gamestop preorder bonus from the looks of it.

daedalius

So I FINALLY got something resembling not-garbage in terms of setting up my controls, took way too much fiddling imo. I understand why they did it, but I really wish they had of nailed the default controls better so I didn't even have to screw with these settings so much.

Ended up going with
5 sens
3 accel
1% inner
15% outer

Had nothing to do with "halo 5 having less aim assist" and everything to do with "not having proper settings feels like shit"

So yea, for Halo 6, I hope their defaults aren't trash

So I FINALLY got something resembling not-garbage in terms of setting up my controls, took way too much fiddling imo. I understand why they did it, but I really wish they had of nailed the default controls better so I didn't even have to screw with these settings so much.

Ended up going with
5 sens
3 accel
1% inner
15% outer

Had nothing to do with "halo 5 having less aim assist" and everything to do with "not having proper settings feels like shit"

So yea, for Halo 6, I hope their defaults aren't trash

I'll try this tonight, see how it feels

I've been using the settings that G0SU posted to much success

I don't think I've ever seen that either. I'm gonna guess that it is unlocked at level 100, and I'll see if I can find out for sure.

Edit: I was totally off. The emblem is called 'Renewing Worlds'. It was a Gamestop preorder bonus from the looks of it.
That's odd. Didn't 343 say all pre-order stuff is available from REQs?

Guess it might be a level gated req pack

Madness

That's odd. Didn't 343 say all pre-order stuff is available from REQs?

Guess it might be a level gated req pack

It is. It's just ultra rare emblem. I got 3 emblems, Liang Dortmund, Renewing Worlds and one more. I think EBGames/Gamestop had the best pre-order bonus. Armors like Locke/Hunter are legendary mythic, rampant visor is legendary etc. Bloodthirst BR skin is ultra rare.

I actually ranked up,
probably because I'm playing Golds lol.
Still almost lost the game. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Onyx dream this season is still alive! Thought I was going to be stuck at Diamond one all season.

daedalius

I'll try this tonight, see how it feels

I've been using the settings that G0SU posted to much success

Good luck, those settings feel closest to what I was the most familiar with playing with 5 sens in H4/H2A

I probably tried about 20 different configurations, all with their own level of shit-ness.

Was basically making me not want to play.

Velcoro

2-2 EG/CLG this is madness

True, true. They definitely lost a lot of backing from fans so to speak. That caused such a big wave of events between teams. I'm glad 2gre got onto a team but it does suck how he got replaced. He's not gonna be at X-Games either now is he? :(

nV lost today I think not sure if they're going to X-Games. But yeah man feel bad for 2gre.

I actually ranked up,
probably because I'm playing Golds lol.
Still almost lost the game. If you want something done right, do it yourself.

Onyx dream this season is still alive! Thought I was going to be stuck at Diamond one all season.
Hey don't make fun of gold players :(

Top Bottom