• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

OT7... Looks like the closest any other current thread has gotten is OT4 (Super Street Fighter 4).

The thread for Smash Bros Brawl Dojo updates got up to 63,000 posts, but that was before the 20,000 limit (and the reason for the limit). It would have been OT4 as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
New Thread - Celebrate! Want an Elite Avatar suit?

Elite.png

First person to answer this question gets some sexy Sangheili fashion. *Male Avatar only

Name the full roaster of Team 4 in the first official HaloGAF Tournament!

ncsuDuncan said:
OT7... Looks like the closest any other current thread has gotten is OT4 (Super Street Fighter 4).

The thread for Smash Bros Brawl Dojo updates got up to 63,000 posts, but that was before the 20,000 limit (and the reason for the limit). It would have been OT4 as well.
Yeah but Dark Souls is at OT3 already and that's only been out for like a month

ok, one more...

a huge shout out to Luke Smith! your colts facilitated a 45 pt, come from behind fantasy football win for me. thank you.

enjoy trading Andrew Luck next year

So guys, I just picked up Halo: Reach today. It was just lying outside this dude's house, smashed to pieces, with a 360 not too far away. What do?

lybertyboy said:
I don't have a build in front of me to answer 100%, but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm back in the office tomorrow so I'll check first thing.

Edit: That "man enough" for you Psycho? Geez.

Thank you for checking.

minasodaboy said:
ok, one more...

a huge shout out to Luke Smith! your colts facilitated a 45 pt, come from behind fantasy football win for me. thank you.

enjoy trading Andrew Luck next year
wrong thread?

daedalius

ElzarTheBam said:
Dat dmr spamming.

Why did they ever even put bloom into Halo? Watching these journalists play just assures the fact that a casual player will just hammer away on the trigger, they don't understand why the reticule is getting bigger.

Whoever came up with bloom should be slapped, it doesn't belong in Halo.

Also that definitely wasn't the Pit, but I can't wait to play headlong again, haha.

FyreWulff

daedalius said:
Why did they ever even put bloom into Halo? Watching these journalists play just assures the fact that a casual player will just hammer away on the trigger, they don't understand why the reticule is getting bigger.

Whoever came up with bloom should be slapped, it doesn't belong in Halo.

Also that definitely wasn't the Pit, but I can't wait to play headlong again, haha.

Game journos don't know how to operate doors in an FPS, let alone know how to use weapons.

Also the NR guy is pacing his shots, but it could also be the 85% bloom gametype.

daedalius

FyreWulff said:
Game journos don't know how to operate doors in an FPS, let alone know how to use weapons.

Also the NR guy is pacing his shots, but it could also be the 85% bloom gametype.

I think the NR guy was the only one who could hit anything.

Don't think it was 85% though, all of these seem to be 100%... swore I saw some DMR footage in one of these and the 'bloom' was definitely not 85%.

Still haven't seen the 3sk pistol yet, guess they are keeping that one close to the vest.

Slightly Live said:
New Thread - Celebrate! Want an Elite Avatar suit?

http://halo.xbox.com/Content/assets/en-us/blog/News/HaloAvatarCollectionOctober/Elite.png[img]

First person to answer this question gets some sexy Sangheili fashion. [i]*Male Avatar only[/i]

[b]Name the full roaster of Team 4 in the first official HaloGAF Tournament![/b][/quote]
Team 4:
1)Blueblur
2)Deepblue
3)EazyB
4)Revengeance

Havok

daedalius said:
If the casual player is your barometer for what should or shouldn't be in Halo, then they should start taking out every single precision weapon, remove all of the good maps from the voting slots, disable any sort of strafing controls (actually, any direction you push the stick in just makes you rush towards the nearest enemy), and jetpacks should be the only loadout from now on. Because people are dumb.

(I know that wasn't your point, but I thought it was funny.)

thezerofire said:
Yeah but Dark Souls is at OT3 already and that's only been out for like a month
Certainly the fastest any thread has hit OT3, but I don't think it will get to OT7. Once people beat the game (or give up) and move onto something else it will slow down.

The impression I get is that the Dark Souls thread is a crowdsourced Strategy Guide.
The Reach thread is the Cheers bar:

Match-makin' your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all the randoms
Sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you wanna go
Where everybody plays your game
And they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see
Our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your game-rtag

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Once more, for the ladies - Celebrate! Want an Elite Avatar suit?

Elite.png

First person to answer this question gets some sexy Sangheili fashion. *Female Avatar only

Anyone can answer, just know it's for a suit for ladies.

Stinkles once appeared on UK TV alongside Hollywood action star Vinnie Jones - who played the massive floating head on that same show?

minasodaboy said:
nope, just a small message sent across the universe for a long lost friend of halogaf.
ah ok because I'm pretty sure I've seen him around the Madden thread. Might want to take a look

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
omg.kittens said:
New OT today, Glasslands tomorrow. Awwww yeahhhh.

Speaking of, do you know how long it takes until a Kindle eBook is ready for download? Does it just go up the moment it's midnight or will it show up later in the day tomorrow? I'd like to be able to read it tonight.

daedalius

Havok said:
If the casual player is your barometer for what should or shouldn't be in Halo, then they should start taking out every single precision weapon, remove all of the good maps from the voting slots, disable any sort of strafing controls (actually, any direction you push the stick in just makes you rush towards the nearest enemy), and jetpacks should be the only loadout from now on. Because people are dumb.

(I know that wasn't your point, but I thought it was funny.)

Hah, yea, well lets hope Halo 4 doesn't do some of the things Reach has done. Bloom really seems like over-complication though, that's what I meant. They don't know/care why their reticule is huge, they are just going to keep hammering away regardless. It wasn't in any other Halo game, at least to the extent we can see it now.

Of course Master Chief will always have a jetpack though, its in the trailer! Maybe we'll be able to sprint, dodge, and jetpack all as default :D its all built into that sweet sweet MKVI armor, right?

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
Okay. Finally got to a computer. I've updated everything I can think of. If I missed anything, just say so!

You forgot to change your name to GhaleonEB. That's the only thing I can think of. lol

blamite

Anyone else not like the way Keyes looks in Reach/CEA? He looks a few years younger, and just... off compared to how he looked in CE originally, especially with how he's animated.

Havok

daedalius said:
Of course Master Chief will always have a jetpack though, its in the trailer! Maybe we'll be able to sprint, dodge, and jetpack all as default :D its all built into that sweet sweet MKVI armor, right?
oh god what have they done

Fake edit: I was hoping there wasn't going to be a campaign weekly for a while since my campaign progress was reset for a third time. Guess I get to run up to Alexandria today. Sigh.

blamite

Ugh, just checked the Weekly. Laaaame. I mean, it's cool that the people who like torturing themselves have something to do, but I feel like LASOs make better dailies. Too bad there aren't any weeklys that can span MP, Firefight, and campaign.

PooBone

New thread looks nice Dax.

Sad that they used the Halo 3 model for Cortana instead of remaking the original. I miss dat hairkut.

StalkerUKCG said:
Oonsk move over.

Bravo 343 Bravo !
Love it.

FyreWulff

blamite said:
Ugh, just checked the Weekly. Laaaame. I mean, it's cool that the people who like torturing themselves have something to do, but I feel like LASOs make better dailies. Too bad there aren't any weeklys that can span MP, Firefight, and campaign.

Kill ___ enemies with ____ in any game mode daily is the only one that can do that, but I don't think it's ever been a Weekly.

blamite

FyreWulff said:
Kill ___ enemies with ____ in any game mode daily is the only one that can do that, but I don't think it's ever been a Weekly.
This is true! I for got about that one. That would probably make a good weekly, set it at like 1500-3000 kils for 34343 cR or something.

daedalius

Havok said:
oh god what have they done

I guess it might be kind of interesting if they kept sprint sort of the way it is now in H4, and you could start it by holding down the 'armor ability' button.

They could give a rocket assisted 'juke/dodge', but you couldn't chain it twice and it would have a cooldown just by tapping the button(it also wouldn't go as far as evade does now).

then maybe the 'jetpack' could just be like, a burn assisted jump, so we could get that sweet sweet jump height, rather than floating around.

These could all be linked to an armor ability energy bar, kind of like sprint is now. Sprinting would drain it while you sprinted, juke/dodge would drain it fully, and burn assisted jump would also drain it fully.

Might be more balanced if everyone had these abilities. And of course they could all be turned off individually based on playlist.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo CEA intro looks damn great. Too bad the Pelican is the Reach/Halo3 type instead of Halo CE/Halo2 type... (My only issue with the newer model is the cockpit seating arrangement).
I still do not have any idea how i'm supposed to play CEA. Skyrim's going to eat all my time.

Woorloog said:
Halo CEA intro looks damn great. Too bad the Pelican is the Reach/Halo3 type instead of Halo CE/Halo2 type... (My only issue with the newer model is the cockpit seating arrangement).
I still do not have any idea how i'm supposed to play CEA. Skyrim's going to eat all my time.

Simple. Get CEA day one, ask for/buy yourself Skyrim for Christmas.

Woorloog

Banned
The Real Napsta said:
Simple. Get CEA day one, ask for/buy yourself Skyrim for Christmas.
Pre-ordered Skyrim already, not going to cancel that for any reason. My chirstmas game is going to be SWTOR (also pre-ordered). And I need to play Battlefield 3 from time to time as well..
Fuck this year, too many games to be played this year.

Top Bottom