• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday GTA V

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
11 years ago today GTA V came out on PS3 and 360 🎂🎉🥳

What do you think of it? Do you still play it? Excited for VI?

An entire generation has grown up not knowing what it feels like to get a new GTA game.

Other games that came out in 2013:

• Bioshock Infinite
  • The Last of Us
  • Dota 2
  • Crysis 3
  • Tomb Raider reboot
  • Animal Crossing New Leaf
  • Pokemon X/Y
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Battlefield 4

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aging Old Man GIF by A&E

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I took off a week from work when this released. Same with Infinite and Last of Us. 2013 was a hell of a year.

Havent taken a week off for a game since. GTA6 will probably change that though.
I remember my OG ps3 got the YLOD and i bought a PS3 Super Slim for GTA V. Also played Bioshock and TLOU on it.

I didn't have a job in 2013 when it came out so I had plenty of free time. I played it for 17 hours straight and within the first week I had beat the story mode twice.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Gold Member
I went to a midnight launch with a couple of buddies here in the Netherlands. It was pretty insane honestly, I've never seen so many people come together to buy a game.

I took a couple of days off and thought the game was magnificent. I still think it's one of the best games ever made but I haven't played the campaign since it launched on PC.

The only letdown was the terrible launch of GTA online at the time.

But listen

I think GTA online is low-key one of the best arcade racers out there. If you ever see someone racing a bike and wearing a white bathrobe and nothing else, that's me.

Last edited:
A legendary game and a worthy edition in the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

Still an unforgivable regression from GTA4 in almost every way, though.

Fortunately, Rockstar returned back to the same “immersion and simulation” philosophy they used to make GTA4 when they made RDR2, and I couldn’t be more thankful for that.

Roberts

It's probably a case of FOMO but I can never resist the temptation to buy them despite not being too much of a fan. There is always some fun stuff in them, mostly optional and they are hugely influential, but there are a lot better open world games on the market.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider were the games the I felt the XBox 360 just could not handle, so I built a PC.
I thought I would be back with the Series X, but that experiment lasted less than 3 years before I gave up and bought my current PC.

Top Bottom