• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Canada Day, Toronto Restaurants `gross' state

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

Toronto Public Health has taken the unprecedented step of closing a food court after finding an infestation of rats and cockroaches.

Councillor John Filion said for the first time yesterday that he will pursue licence suspensions or revocations against six eateries in the Chinatown Centre food court at 222 Spadina Ave. that were forcibly closed for what he called "gross and disgusting" conditions

Inspectors there discovered heavy mouse infestations, mouse droppings in the kitchens, live cockroaches in kitchens and a rat infestation in the garbage room.

"It would be a good day to go on a diet, because I lost my appetite after getting the details," Filion said. "It's completely disgusting and unacceptable."
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...=968332188492&col=968793972154&tacodalogin=no
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20040701/TBRIEFS01-1/TPHealth/

You might say, this barely qualifies as news.

miyuru

Last night we went out for wings, and ordered three platters - 100 hot, 50 BBQ, and 100 honey garlic.

About half the honey garlic wings were cold, covered in sauce, and RAW.

Super squishy, I didn't know what I was getting into when I bit it. I spat it out (gross!) and saw it was completely raw.

What gives?

Eh, we got 100 free wings for it :p

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Where was that miyuru?

I tend to stay away from Chinatown Toronto...it's pretty nasty there.

Fifty

Indeed, and you've got to know where to go....

Anyway, T.O's food establishments are no more gross than any major city's.

miyuru

Pochacco said:
Where was that miyuru?

I tend to stay away from Chinatown Toronto...it's pretty nasty there.

Went to Wooly's just off Whyte. Free foosball, how can you complain? ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom