• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy #IceCreamDay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Get get it

25600-Ice-Cream-Gif.gif

Free and such:
http://www.ibtimes.com/national-ice...ffering-deals-discounts-scoops-sunday-2014342
Several restaurant chains are running specials to celebrate National Ice Cream Day. Take a look at a few of the best deals below:

Carvel: Buy one cup or cone of soft-serve ice cream, get one free Sunday.

Baskin-Robbins: Get a free waffle-cone upgrade with the purchase of any double scoop of ice cream Sunday. And, later in the month, celebrate the company's birthday with 31 percent off all sundaes July 31.

Friendly's: Buy one $1.99 single-scoop cup or cone of ice cream, get one free all weekend long.

Breyers: If you find yourself at a Six Flags, visit a Six Below shop for a free upgrade to a sundae with any cup of double-scoop ice cream Sunday. You'll also get a single-scoop ice cream sundae -- but only if you're one of the first 200 guests to ask for it between noon and 5 p.m.

Cold Stone Creamery: No deals just for National Ice Cream Day, but join the My Cold Stone Club to get a buy-one, get-one free Creation coupon.

Dippin Dots: Employees will hand out samples of their new flavor, Redberry Sherbet, at all locations. Order two gallons online and get one free -- plus free shipping -- with the code NICD2015.

Monkey Joe's: This play gym with locations in 16 states will give out free ice cream to all customers while supplies last Sunday.

Sonic: Like Cold Stone, Sonic isn't doing anything special for National Ice Cream Day, but take advantage of its summerlong deal for half-price milkshakes after 8 p.m.

Your Pie: This chain is celebrating National Ice Cream Day in a different way, by giving out free gelato. You can find locations in states such as Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Illinois and Tennessee.

Lyft: If you employ Lyft to travel to a participating indie ice cream shop -- including two in New York and three in San Francisco -- you can get a free scoop by showing the cashier your receipt.

Graeter's: Head to a Graeter's location -- primarily in Ohio -- to get a $1.45 cone Sunday. It's not only National Ice Cream Day but also Graeter's 145th birthday.

Bruster's: Bruster's doesn't have any Sunday-only specials, but if you join the e-club, you can get a free small sugar cone, cake cone or dish with a waffle-cone purchase.

PetSmart: Your dog deserves to chill, too. Canines can get four-ounce servings of dog ice cream for free at PetSmart locations with PetsHotel boarding centers.

Miker

The only one of those stores nearby is Baskin Robbins, and their deal doesn't sound like it's worth driving there.

That's why my work had a freezer full of free Popsicles.
Why would you not eat ice cream at all for a year? Some every few months hurts nothing.

To break my addiction to it. I did the same with soda a couple of years ago and I find myself having a lot more control with soda.

You knew what you were getting yourself into upon clicking the thread.

I know, but I couldn't help myself. I was at the supermarket yesterday and walked past a new Haagen-Dazs line of ice creams (that include a tres leche flavor). :-|

PetSmart: Your dog deserves to chill, too. Canines can get four-ounce servings of dog ice cream for free at PetSmart locations with PetsHotel boarding centers.

I....I can't. What the hell is this?! Which is more insane, ice cream for a dog to eat or ice cream flavoured to taste like a dog.

I can't believe what I just read.

I....I can't. What the hell is this?! Which is more insane, ice cream for a dog to eat or ice cream flavoured to taste like a dog.

I can't believe what I just read.

You're surprised that a pet food company makes food for dogs that is similar to food for people? This is basically the entire premise of the snack pet food market (beggin strips, puparoni, countless others, etc)

Dogs love ice cream but the dairy/sugar content can be too much for some dogs, so dog treat ice cream is usually just like a cold snack for a dog that vaguely looks like ice cream.

Cooper don't give a fuck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvExOg4NI0

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just ate an entire quart (unintentional... I just couldn't stop...) of Trader Joe's cookie butter ice cream in honor of this great day.

That's why I'm asking. I've never been to Cold Stone and I haven't been to B-R in over a decade (maybe two). So it sucks?

edit: The Cold Stone site is down? wtf

Eating Cold Stone will leave you with the same sense of self-loathing you will feel after eating a bar of Hershey's milk chocolate. A very weird aftertaste. Baskin Robbins is definitely better.

I had it twice :)

I went to bed early last evening due to a lack of sleep and got up at 5am. I was craving it at 7 when I was watching a movie, so I had a vanilla/Heavenly Hash combo.

Then, just now, raspberries and vanilla ice cream with some shortcake.

Ice cream is the best

The Stephen Colbert Ben and Jerry's ice cream is so damn good. Go get some.

It also has a pretty great name.

"Americone Dream"

(It has chocolate covered waffle cone pieces)

I keep wanting to go to a grocery store and buy one of those tubbed sundaes that you can get for maybe $5, and eat it all to myself. Then I come to my senses.

Broank

Damn I wish I had some thin mint Girl Scout cookie ice cream. That stuff is like next level mint chocolate chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom