• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Days of play 2024 Announced

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I bet you haven't played Ronin, it's not middling, it's fantastic. Yes, the graphics are a let down, but the game is fun as hell.

Platinumed it btw,

Played and beaten them both, platinum on Tsuhsima (PS4, not the DC).

I'm commenting from a point of playing both extensively.

tmlDan

Played and beaten them both, platinum on Tsuhsima (PS4, not the DC).

I'm commenting from a point of playing both extensively.
But they asked if rise of the ronin is good, it is good. Saying its middling and making it sound worse than it seems is disingenuous - performance is also good.

adamsapple

But they asked if rise of the ronin is good, it is good. Saying its middling and making it sound worse than it seems is disingenuous - performance is also good.

It's good to you, it was midding to me. Hence what I wrote.

Also, performance tanks very frequently in the third region of the game. I even made posts / videos about it in the OT with other users corroborating it.

No, no snow.

Made this small video which shows a part of what I'm talking about. Definitely seen a lot worse than this capture, but in this you can see frequent stutter as the horse gallops through the street and I pan the camera.

NickFire

Sony doesn’t seem to care much about basic PS+ people despite the price hike. Even the upper tiers aren’t really getting much. A lot to do over very little.

Anyone else remember when they actually tried? Wasn’t too long ago when there would be occasional discount codes in marketing emails. Or when PS+ sold itself based on game offerings instead of by being forced to play online.

i wonder what they’re competitor is up to for announcements today? Probably tough to beat whatever this stuff is.

Kerotan

Great update.

PS2/PSVR2 game's to premium and new additions to Extra.

Personally I'll play San Andreas. That was on my list. Happy days.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
It is time.

Ninja Scroll Animation GIF

A Ninja Scroll video game adaptation would be really cool. Awesome movie.

Reactions: GHG

tmlDan

It's good to you, it was midding to me. Hence what I wrote.

Also, performance tanks very frequently in the third region of the game. I even made posts / videos about it in the OT with other users corroborating it.
what am i supposed to notice here? small frame drops? who cares? its not like the game crashes or stutters. I feel like some of you guys are way too elitist for non-game breaking things in games. Also, they have patched it a few times since March.

Just a few days ago:

adamsapple

what am i supposed to notice here? small frame drops? who cares? its not like the game crashes or stutters. I feel like some of you guys are way too elitist for non-game breaking things in games. Also, they have patched it a few times since March.

Chill out. First you tell me I haven't played the game, then you tell me there's no performance issues. Both of which were incorrect assumptions on your behalf.

Clearly you feel very strongly about it and I don't.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
He said a Showcase and someone else said a SoP right? Surely one of them is right and this discount thing is just a coincidence.

Could be exactly as you said. They mixed it up. Days of Play vs State of Play. No idea really. Usually when you have more than one "insider" saying this stuff then it is usually reliable.

At this point, I would not be surprised if we get nothing at all outside of these discounts.

Boss Mog

It's a shame that they still treat their existing customers like crap. Yet another PS+ sale where you can't just extend your Essential sub for another year, need to upgrade at least to Extra and it might not even be 30% off.
Yep I totally agree, I let my sub expire a few months back cause no way was I paying 135 bucks. If Sony doesn't want my money for a few months while I wait for a sale, then I'll be happy to oblige.

DeepSpace5D

Some pretty good stuff going on here. $100 PSVR2 discount is interesting, they should make that permanent imo and not just for two weeks. But it’s a nice offer, as well as the PSVR2 titles and the PS2 additions to Premium. I only have essential but I’ll definitely pick up some PS2 games a la carte as more come out.

The PS+ discounts are nice, but only if upgrading to a higher tier or for new members. It’s tempting to go up in tier with the discount, but I don’t really need it.

Think it might be time for me to get Rise of the Ronin though with it getting its first discount that I’ve seen.

engstra

Some pretty good gets for the PS+ catalog. Spongebob and Streets of Rage 4 are two games I've had on my list. Will definitely be playing Dredge. Finally adding PS2 games and PSVR games to the offerings as well.
That PSVR discount is actually pretty good when you include the Netflix subscription. Sucks that they seem to not be offering discounts on PS+ memberships, only upgrades though.

Play Ghost, ignore Ronin. Ghost is vastly superior and Ronin is a middling game with worse visuals/performance.

Ghost of Tsushima is awful, I'm a huge Sucker Punch and loved every game they did. Ghost of Tushyass is a modern Snoy template game in the worst way possible, it's not as atrocious as Horizon or nu-GOW, but it's pretty bad. I haven't played Ronin. I'd recommend skipping both and playing Nioh 2.

Just_one

so current subscribers dont get any discounts if they want to renew?

i was hoping to renew my premium subscription but its not showing any discount.

eerik9000

Spider-Man 2 is €40 but The Last of Us remake is still €50. Why does Sony think they are Nintendo?! I liked them more last gen when everything was €20 after a year on the market.

adamsapple

I thought the blog said Extra extensions will be 25% discounted, I don't see any discounts on that.

Anyone else seeing it?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I thought the blog said Extra extensions will be 25% discounted, I don't see any discounts on that.

Anyone else seeing it?
I just re-upped my essential with the discount after letting it expire earlier this year. I see discounts for upgrading to the higher tiers. I may talk myself into adding Extra again for 40 more bucks.

Last edited:

adamsapple

seems to be for upgrades only and only for remainder of subscription rather than for renewals. As a current premium member it looks like I'm shit out of luck

Same, I usually re-up my extra when they do Black Friday discounts, but they did not do any last year, doesn't look like there's any discount for increasing your extra. So unless they do some by this november, looks like my extra is about to end for good. No way I'm paying $130 for that.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
What a shite sale. I basically own all the good games at this stage and have either played them or are in my backlog. Going to essential at the end of August when my current sub expires just to play helldivers 2.

Damn, this thread is dead. XD

Here's a few decent deals:

Summer Games Fest 2024 PSN Sale is up on EU & NA territories.

2047 items in total. Highlights:
  • 20% Off - Pacific Drive, RE4 Gold
  • 25% Off - RE4, Sea of Thieves, & Tales of Kenzera: ZAU
  • 30% Off - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy
  • 50% off - Ghost of Tsushima DC, Tactics Ogre: Reborn
  • 58% Off - Street Fighter 6
  • 67% Off - Exoprimal

Last edited:

Just_one

im just surprised there is no discounts for renewing PS+ premium.

mine ends in october and was hoping for a discount to renew it

Last edited:

Katatonic

Almost all PSVR2 titles are on sale atm.

Costco still has the PSVR2: COTM + official charging station for $499.

Jaybe

Your best bet is probably to let it expire and they will off a deal around Black Friday.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member

They have discounts for new or returning subscribers, but nothing for existing subscribers. I let mine lapse a couple of months ago and renewed with the discount last week. They probably won't offer more discounts until the holidays.

engstra

Do people know if your subscription has to have run out fully to be offered a discount, or if I turn off auto-renewal will I be offered to sign up again? My subscription runs out the week after the offers end....

Jaybe

Do people know if your subscription has to have run out fully to be offered a discount, or if I turn off auto-renewal will I be offered to sign up again? My subscription runs out the week after the offers end....
It needs to full run out. You can turnoff auto-renewal and wait for a discount. Maybe there will be a summer sale. Guaranteed there will be a Black Friday sale.

Top Bottom