• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter ‘Hogwarts Legacy’ Sequel From Warner Bros. Games Is ‘One of the Biggest Priorities,’

Draugoth

Gold Member
hogwarts-legacy-deluxe-edition-featured.jpg

On the heels of Warner Bros. Games releasing “Harry Potter: Quidditch Champions” Tuesday, Warner Bros. Discovery’s chief financial officer has confirmed that a more direct sequel to 2023’s hit Wizarding World game “Hogwarts Legacy” is a goal for the team moving forward.

“Obviously, a successor to ‘Hogwarts Legacy’ is one of the biggest priorities in a couple of years down the road,” WBD CFO Gunnar Wiedenfels said during an interview at Bank of America’s 2024 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference Wednesday. “So there is certainly a significant growth contribution from that [games] business in our strategic outlook here.”

Source

LordCBH

Wow you mean the sequel to the one successful game they’ve had in like 6 or 7 years is their priority?

No fucking way

hussar16

this game was unfisnhed and abandanded and they want to to fool us again with a harry pitter game in hogwarts where its not set in hohgwarts and doesnt have school point activiteis or quiditch, nah ,not getting fooled again

kiphalfton

Intrigued if it stays as a single-player game like the first. If they throw in a bunch of GAAS elements, I will probably avoid it.

Bet they screw it up somehow.

Like how suicide squad somehow happened... despite having had 5 batman games that were successful.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
DHUCY6l.png

My only hope is that this time it's going to be an actual RPG and not a poor imitation of one when it comes to characters and dialogue options. And for fuck's sake, get rid of the AWFUL Destiny-like loot systems god-effin'-damnit.

Last edited:

Stu_Hart

Neo Member
The first game was meh. Outside of the big mansion, the environments elsewhere are uninteresting, bland and forgettable. The gameplay feels kind of floaty with no much impact on the attack/spells. I found myself rushing to finish it, which is not a good sign. They got to change some stuff for me to be interested.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I hope it’s just bigger and better with more locations and more interesting questing. And hopefully they don’t ruin it by going live service or multiplayer
Harry Potter MMO! There is so much content they could do. Everyone is a student and different classes of mages etc to fight the evil!!

Horatius

gameplay topped out at like fine but got the expositional writing and the inhuman info dump characters were so boring

should reduce the size of the game world and make the castle bigger too, felt like a hogwarts for ants

StereoVsn

Wait, the sequel hasn’t been in production for a while already?

What the hell are they even doing over there.

Complistic

Love Hogwarts Legacy, I'll be there for a sequel. Also it's not going to be a GaaS. Why are there multiple posts about this

Seider

Id like to see a Unreal Engine 5 sequel to Hoghwarts Legacy. 100% developed in Unreal Engine 5 from the beginning.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
The game was fantastic, take it to another school and get deeper into the lore of this world, cut the tedium of hundreds of repetitive, boring Merlin Trials, add more engaging side activities, don't suddenly become super greedy and add MTX.

If it’s not their BIGGEST priority and they haven’t been working on it since the moment Hogwarts Legacy released, then they’re complete morons.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
really hoping they do a different school. otherwise, exact same format, please...

Hmm, well, a big reason why that game was fun was because you got to explore a pretty amazing recreation of Hogwarts. The actual game was alright, not amazing. So I'm not sure how well some unknown location would work. On the other hand, having the same location again wouldn't be very exciting either. So yeah, I guess I'm just not very excited about a sequel at all, even though I more or less 100%'ed the first one.

Xyphie

I think they'll do a Crackdown 2 / Spiderman 2 kinda thing and mostly reuse the Hogwarts map and add some new areas (Diagon Alley etc).

I think the biggest problem with the first game is that so much of the sidecontent felt completely pointless, I'm usually someone that does all of the things on the map in open world games but in this one I just couldn't be bothered. The gear system was basically you getting a new piece every ~1h, so you can never really be bothered to upgrade any of it. I never really did anything with the Room of Requirements stuff either.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

Gold Member
The art in the first was so well done so please give more of that and deeper combat experience.

makaveli60

Thread title made me think that the sequel will be about Harry Potter and the characters in the original story. That’s what I want from the sequel but I don’t think there’s much chance for that. Not even playing as them, just to involve the time period and chracters from the original books.

Certinty

Honestly, given the pedigree of the studio and how ambitious they were with the first game, it's actually somewhat amazing they pulled it off.

If they can use that framework and build upon it, we could be in for one amazing game.

Esppiral

They should make games from the movies improving upon what they've made with hogwarts legacy, it would sell gangbusters

Bernardougf

I hope it’s just bigger and better with more locations and more interesting questing. And hopefully they don’t ruin it by going live service or multiplayer
The game was bloated enough... i think just do the same formula and size with a new interesting story and powers and give it a go ... its not like we have multiple harry potter games so this one have to keep changing.

A wished for a fix character though... with a more fixed storyline ... maybe playing as young Dumbledore or something like that. But JK would have to be heavily involved in the story telling... if shes going to nope out.. them nope... hust do whayever they want.. leave legacy characters alone. But then again she made the whole Dumbledore gay thing to appease the twitter people so yeah dont know about that either.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
1. Make the game more adult oriented.
2. Exploration needs to be much better, more unique, less ubisoft-like.
3. Hogwarts needs harder and more unique puzzles, nothing repetitive.

considering the devs, they wont improve at all, so I have 0 expectations for it. Hogwarts was mid af. First hours captured the magic but the more u explored the more u realized how shallow and repetitive all was hidden under a decent skin.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
hopefully the map is more compact/dense.

for starters they could ditch the entire bottom half after coastal cavern and focus on the hogwarts grounds and castle interior.

quidditch needs to be in it and diagon/knockturn alley too.

give it more RPG elements.

Last edited:
hopefully the map is more compact/dense.

for starters they could ditch the entire bottom half after coastal cavern and focus on the hogwarts grounds and castle interior.

quidditch needs to be in it and diagon/knockturn alley too.

give it more RPG elements.
One thing they could do for the map is instead of making it vertical, they could make it horizontal so we see what’s on the opposite side of the train tracks, this would still allow them to keep Hogsmead and even the forbidden forest but change the expanded parts of the map so they’re not so similar to the first game.

Top Bottom