• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life [PS2] scans

Solid

0169.jpg

0796.jpg

Solid

From IGN.

A few big changes mark the jump from GameCube to PS2. Once you got married in the GameCube version, you were guaranteed to have a boy child; in this version, you may have either a boy or a girl. The GameCube version featured three possible wives for the main character; the PS2 version bumps this up to four, with Lumina now joining the list of potential targets. Finally, the length of play seems to be up considerably for the PS2 version, as once the main six chapters that comprise the game's storyline ends, you're free to continue building your farm as long as you want.

In addition to these gameplay changes, a new theme song is being prepared for the game. J-Pop group Dreams Come True will perform their hit "A Little Waltz" for the theme song in Oh! Wonderful Life, which should add a bit to the presentation of the game.

Maybe I just missed them, but there are scenes shown there that I don't recall when I played through it on GC. Wasn't Lumina just a little girl in the GC version...?

If you don't have a GC, you really should get this game (if it's coming here?). It's far better than Save the Homeland and very enjoyable despite some of its flaws.

jarrod

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
If you don't have a GC, you really should get this game (if it's coming here?).
It is... Natsume let the news slip at their X-Mas party last year. The PSP version is coming as well and most likely DS too.

kiryogi

Banned
Yup Yup~ Looks like Lumina's available.. always liked her the best too... but that was almost pedo like (and you couldn't choose her, but I think your son could marry her), I guess they changed that w00t <_< My poor GCN AWL is still only first spring. Hmmmm. I imagine all the changes AWL girls will be here too.

TekunoRobby said:
I know it won't happen but they should have combined the regular and For Girls version in this game.
That is true... but you're right that it won't happen. Wasn't it one of the SNES versions that allowed you to pick whether or not you were a boy or a girl at the beginning of the game? (Maybe I'm imagining things...)

Yeah, and now they've added Lumina - not surprising, since it felt like she may have been planned to be one of the girls all along (along with... was it Flora? The girl at the dig site.) (Don't feel too badly, kiryogi - I thought Lumina was the cutest too.)

Anyway, I just might get this version as well - my sisters liked this game a lot and get mad 'cause I always take it with me. (Although, they'll probably want me to get the "for girls" version for them also...) I'm glad to see that a game of this kind is getting the sales and attention it deserves.

Memles

The addition of the sandbox mode pisses me the hell off though; why wasn't that there in the first place? I haven't even beaten the first chapter yet, mind you, but still. When I do beat them, I think I'd like to continue.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Deepthroat:

> new content > graphics

Boys > girls in rural societies

kpop100:

> in what way, that game doesn't look like it's breaking any technical barriers.

Shadows are much better in the GC version.

Pellham

Banned
Looks great, although I wish this was more of a rehaul (ala HM64->HM:BTN) than just the same game with extra content. BUT I always wanted to pick Lumina, so that's more than enough reason to get this. :)

cybamerc said:
kpop100:

> in what way, that game doesn't look like it's breaking any technical barriers.

Shadows are much better in the GC version.

Yeah, I didn't notice that in these shots at first... but older GC shots had circle shadows as well. Perhaps it'll be added eventually.

The GC version had some really impressive shadow work, I think. Really added a lot to the games appearance.

Top Bottom