• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me get the name of a puzzle game on PSone...

I'm trying to remember the name of this game I had on PlayStation a few years back. You were a lil' fella standing on a large platform of blocks. Blocks rolled towards him and you had to keep dodging and standing in the right places to stay alive. At some point you triggered a voice saying the name of the game too I think... it may have been at the end of a level. It was so simple.. it was one of a few PlayStation games I really loved..

Thom

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Only played the demo on a Jampack, but it was a fun little game.

BT0461F.jpg

bjork

Tracking down IQ was harder than tracking down Dragonball GT, since I refused to do ebay at the time. Well worth it, though.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah. It's pretty rare. I loved that game. I'll pick it up if I ever find it. That and Devil Dice were awesome. Thank goodness for Bombastic, cause Devil Dice isn't cheap anywhere either.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Heh, I had a feeling this thread was gonna be about Intelligent Qube before clicking this thread. What an awesome game that was

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone play kula world ever? I used to love that game, I think monkey ball 3 should steal elements off it for the puzzle section of the main game. (In my brain there is 2 monkey ball main modes, puzzle and skill)

bjork

Truelize said:
Yeah. It's pretty rare. I loved that game. I'll pick it up if I ever find it. That and Devil Dice were awesome. Thank goodness for Bombastic, cause Devil Dice isn't cheap anywhere either.

Got Devil Dice for $9 at a WM. :)

Miguel

Wario64 said:
Heh, I had a feeling this thread was gonna be about Intelligent Qube before clicking this thread. What an awesome game that was

As did I, which is the only reason I came into this thread. Intelligent Qube demo on the 1997 Jampack was awesomeness.

Jonnyram

There were about 3 or 4 versions released in Japan, and then IQ Remix for the PS2, which has a great soundtrack too. I'd say there's a fairly high chance of PSP versions of IQ and Devil Dice (Xi). thanks to their "playable in short bursts" nature.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Defensor said:
Sony needs to make a Intelligent Cube title for the PSP.

They made a (2P simultaneous!) sequel for the PSX, then IQ Final for the PS2, so they could always just port over one of those games...

Ranger X

Intelligent Cube, Devil Dice, Mr. Dominos and Mr.Driller were truly good puzzle games.
Where the fuck are my new great innovative puzzlers this gen??

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Mostly on PS2, it seems.

Fantavision, Otostaz, and I'd guess even Adv. of Cookies & Cream are the more prominent examples I can think of.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I still hold hatred for this douchebag grabbing the only copy of IQ in a store for 450 yen. I glance and see it, and bam! GRAAH! And then someone swiped the free FF1+2 poster the one store was dumping. It was not a good day.

Ranger X

dog$ said:
Mostly on PS2, it seems.

Fantavision, Otostaz, and I'd guess even Adv. of Cookies & Cream are the more prominent examples I can think of.

Only played Fantavision (not too bad) -- what are the two other ones you mentionned?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Otostaz is an import title that's quite good and has a lot to do. I can give details if requested but bobbyconover has covered the game here before, it's in some past thread.

I haven't played Cookies & Cream but I hear it can be quite hellish, especially with two people. At least that one did come out in the US.

The only problem with Intelligent Qube was the length and difficulty. I played the Jampack demo quite a few times and when I got the actual game I beat it on my second try.

BuddyC

FortNinety said:
Anyone ever play Nobody Can Stop Mr Domino? Love that game as well.
Haha, yea that was pretty cool. I believe it was reissued a few years ago, because Best Buy suddenly got a lot of copies.

Vashu

I remember that game you asked for.... Over here in PAL-Land, it was called Kurushi, sequel being Kurushi Final.... I managed to score a 154 on the first try with that game.. .Showed some blonde babe who thought she knew everything about games how dumb she was with her 90.... :p

Top Bottom