• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony is going to go full Blockchain in a few years

Dont know anything about blockchain except it was the rage years ago. If some noname company did a new release saying they now focusing on blockchain (ie. long island tea company), the stock zoomed up like crazy.

My bro was a VP finance at his old company and he said (this was years ago so maybe it's different now), that no bank would ever consider blockchain seriously since it takes too long to validate stuff going through the chain.
Google Bitcoin ETF and tell me if banks are taking it seriously now 🤣

Fahdis

Thats not the same as people buying trying to mortgages with bitcoin. Volatility is through the roof.

What do you think housing is itself? You're gambling on long term real estate. Volatility is through the roof as well or is FIAT inflation priced in to price us all our of buying one?

Look into Tokenization of assets. Bitcoin itself is now used as a hedge or to borrow loans.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What do you think housing is itself? You're gambling on long term real estate. Volatility is through the roof as well or is FIAT inflation priced in to price us all our of buying one?

Look into Tokenization of assets. Bitcoin itself is now used as a hedge or to borrow loans.
Housing trends up over time unless someone lives in a terrible town or a dumpy neighbourhood. Crytpo has wild swings up and down, and a lot of those noname cryptocoins have disappeared.

When Musk was promoting selling Tesla cars using crypto, it was when Bitcoin was about $60k. It dropped to around $35-40k and he stopped the promo asap.

The value of solid currencies (not wacky countries) dont go up or down 50% in a year.

Housing trends up over time unless someone lives in a terrible town or a dumpy neighbourhood. Crytpo has wild swings up and down, and a lot of those noname cryptocoins have disappeared.

When Musk was promoting selling Tesla cars using crypto, it was when Bitcoin was about $60k. It dropped to around $35-40k and he stopped the promo asap.

The value of solid currencies (not wacky countries) dont go up or down 50% in a year.
Lmao you need to read up on economics. 40% of all USD has been printed since 2019. Let that sink in

grvg

Neo Member
There was never anything wrong with web2 except for money, something that web3 intends to be made out of.

I'll take this moment to suggest that y'all check out hypnospace outlaw, and will personally pour one out for the gaming forums that are either no longer with us or are shadows do their former selves.

this is blockchain not bitcoin, which is manipulated af. banks were using blockchain-like technology (distributed ledger) way before all the shit coin scams
That was in response to if they care or not.

Stop conflating things. Banks using software that has ledger like capability != to blockchain. The block chain is immutable and dosen't have the greedy 3rd party hands (banks) all over it which is what's actually manipulated.

Let me ask you this. Does the your bank actually hold the money you and your fellow members have deposited within? The answer is no. I was going to go on a long explanation for you but at this point I'm just sick of responding to you because you are clearly either arguing in bad faith or ignorant on the subject.

winjer

Gold Member
Some might have forgotten how people were spending millions of NFTs like these, just a few years ago.
Soon, the scheme came crashing down and people lost all their money.
It was a bigger scam than even the Beanie Babies.

0b3owRt.jpeg

Last edited:

Danknugz

That was in response to if they care or not.

Stop conflating things. Banks using software that has ledger like capability != to blockchain. The block chain is immutable and dosen't have the greedy 3rd party hands (banks) all over it which is what's actually manipulated.

Let me ask you this. Does the your bank actually hold the money you and your fellow members have deposited within? The answer is no. I was going to go on a long explanation for you but at this point I'm just sick of responding to you because you are clearly either arguing in bad faith or ignorant on the subject.
blockchain is already used privately by banks and has nothing to do with bitcoins adoption or its price

Danknugz

google it i'm don't have time to spoon feed it to you. blockchain is just a technology that can be implemented, you use the term "The Blockchain" as if it's a single thing that everyone has to use.

Top Bottom