• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help me pick a mod chip (Xbox)

ghostface

I was thinkiing about the Xenium, but I realized that a slightly older chip, like a Xecuter 2x, will cost me less. Ill be using the Xbox for the media player, backing up my games on the hdd, and eventually upgrade the hdd and get Live.

Basically I want to know if I'll be missing out on anything major by not buying the latest generation chip.

Oh and I've scoured through Xbox-scene.com and I cant seem to understand the features of the newer chips.

EdLuva

ghostface said:
I was thinkiing about the Xenium, but I realized that a slightly older chip, like a Xecuter 2x, will cost me less. Ill be using the Xbox for the media player, backing up my games on the hdd, and eventually upgrade the hdd and get Live.

Basically I want to know if I'll be missing out on anything major by not buying the latest generation chip.

Oh and I've scoured through Xbox-scene.com and I cant seem to understand the features of the newer chips.

The Xecuter 2x or Xenium chip is fine if all you want to do is what you've indicated above. You may want to check out the thread about Xbox's with modchips getting banned, though.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Just get the cheapest one. They all do the same sh!t... Allow the use of unsigned code.

ghostface

So basically there isnt really any big advantages in something newer like a Xenium, for the things that I want to do?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Not for anything that someone new to this sh!t would be able to take advantage of. Just read the feature lists and ask yourself...

"Am I going to even use it for that?"

If the answer is 'no' save yourself some loot.

The newer Xenium and X3 chips make things a lot easier for new people. Before you would have to go through all these steps once your chip was in just to get a dashboard on the hdd, or format a larger drive. A lot of that stuff is handled in the OS of the chip now and cuts out a lot of the steps. Just get yourself an X3 chip and not worry about it. It'll leave options open for the future rather than realizing you need to buy a new chip later on.

ghostface

Ill probably just get an Xecuter2x, since the guy installing it for me will take care of all the software.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Top Bottom