• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

Lime

Hey guys, has anyone here had any issues using the spoofer? I was thinking of getting Muramasa since it's on sale and wanted to make sure it's safe (or as safe as it gets really).

Works fine for me and I've used the spoofing in both 3.61 and 3.63 now without any repercussions. I haven't heard about anyone being banned either.

Lime

TheFlow is doing the impossible and getting USB mode to work on Vita

C8pSbzqW0AEO9lK.jpg

Not sure how this will work without using a USB wire with a flashdrive attached to it

TheFlow is doing the impossible and getting USB mode to work on Vita

C8pSbzqW0AEO9lK.jpg

Not sure how this will work without using a USB wire with a flashdrive attached to it

Thats just using Andrenaline to use the PSPs USB interface and treat the Vita as a USB drive isn't it ?

seldead

Is there any risk of getting banned when spoofing?
As of last night my IP address seems to be banned after having used the most recent spoof. No pirated vita games or trophy tomfoolery on my system that would have independently caused it.
Hotspotting my ps4 and vita over mobile data still allows me to login, suggesting it's almost certainly on an IP level.

In other news, persona 5 plays great over cross play. I only wish I knew about the offline ways of doing it earlier :(

Lindsaymv

As of last night my IP address seems to be banned after having used the most recent spoof. No pirated vita games or trophy tomfoolery on my system that would have independently caused it.
Hotspotting my ps4 and vita over mobile data still allows me to login, suggesting it's almost certainly on an IP level.

In other news, persona 5 plays great over cross play. I only wish I knew about the offline ways of doing it earlier :(

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be more careful then...

Ip bans are really random. I have gotten bannes for doing nothing

Is there any homebrew for remote play? From some reason my Vita doesn't connect to the ps4 :s (it always worked really really crappy for me anyway)

Is there any homebrew for remote play? From some reason my Vita doesn't connect to the ps4 :s (it always worked really really crappy for me anyway)

There is a psn bypass that allows you to use it without connecting to psn. Next time you boot up your PS4 under your remote play settings make sure direct connection is enabled.

There is a psn bypass that allows you to use it without connecting to psn. Next time you boot up your PS4 under your remote play settings make sure direct connection is enabled.

I'm using that: no internet in vita, so it connects directly to the ps4 (via de ps4 wifi), but still get no conecction or error message (don't remember exactly), sometimes it works but very unstable.
Maybe my vita is fucktup because no matter what i do, it works terrible, but on android or pc (through internet) works like a charm.

So after some research and testing now I'm in love with Ark+ONEMenu on 3.63. I finally got rid of the annoying boot animation and the super load and cheap sounds in the menu. But the biggest game changer is that I found out how to display the emulators on the homebrew bar instead of having to manually launch them from the menu file explorer. It's awesome. Now all I need is to figure out how to enable cheats for PSP games on Ark because I read a very cool post on reddit that makes some games like GTA run 60FPS on Vita and PPSSPP. So far, haven't had much luck getting the cheat plugin to work. Anyone here been able to install TempAR on Ark running on 3.63?

Victrix

*beard*
There are precisely two things I want to do with homebrew on Vita:

1. Some form of cheat mod so I can remove crafting animations in Tactics Ogre
  2. Patching the frame delay bug in Final Fantasy Tactics
That's it. Is that possible with Henkaku?

Yup! You will need to install adrenaline (psp mode home brew) which will then allow you to load patched games or use cheats.

There's a patch for War of the Lions that fixes the frame delay bug, you can use that on Adrenaline afaik

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So after some research and testing now I'm in love with Ark+ONEMenu on 3.63. I finally got rid of the annoying boot animation and the super load and cheap sounds in the menu. But the biggest game changer is that I found out how to display the emulators on the homebrew bar instead of having to manually launch them from the menu file explorer. It's awesome. Now all I need is to figure out how to enable cheats for PSP games on Ark because I read a very cool post on reddit that makes some games like GTA run 60FPS on Vita and PPSSPP. So far, haven't had much luck getting the cheat plugin to work. Anyone here been able to install TempAR on Ark running on 3.63?

Wow, thanks for letting me know this exists. I looked into it and it would be EXACTLY what I need... if it wasn't for the lack of sound on PS1 games. :(

Otherwise, it would have been perfect as the reason I want to use hacks is to play PSP and PS1 games that aren't on PSN. I don't have any need for Vita-side hacks, and in fact I'd like to be able to play Vita games that require 3.61+... Oh well, maybe down the line it will all be doable. Ideally before the english release of Danganronpa 3! :p

I'm using that: no internet in vita, so it connects directly to the ps4 (via de ps4 wifi), but still get no conecction or error message (don't remember exactly), sometimes it works but very unstable.
Maybe my vita is fucktup because no matter what i do, it works terrible, but on android or pc (through internet) works like a charm.

I think its just that the Vita has a weak/low power wifi chip. It does have to run on a fairly small battery. I have been switching between remote playing on my vita and sometimes on my MacBook Air, if I am in the exact same spot in the house (bedroom) the Vita lags and drops frames quite a bit while the MacBook is super smooth and never loses connection.

Also add me to the list of people who got IP banned for using PSN spoofing. Just checked my PSN account and it seems fine though, so relieved there. Also checked to see if my Vita itself was device banned and could still log into PSN through phone hotspot. So I guess they aren't being too harsh about it. Still annoying though, now I have to call my ISP and ask if I can get my IP changed. Funny thing is I primarily use Henkaku on my Vita TV for the whitelist and on my handheld everything is legit, I just decided not to update in case I wanted Henkaku on my handheld in the future. Pretty much only used it for spoofing to remote play Persona 5 on my PS4.

Does Adrenaline work with 3.60, and is that USB Mode working well for transferring things like emulators and new programs? Spoofing isn't an issue for me since I have a capture card modded vita that's on the latest firmware, and another Vita which I use for Retroarch. Do I have to update from 3.60 to use Adrenaline?

Does Adrenaline work with 3.60, and is that USB Mode working well for transferring things like emulators and new programs? Spoofing isn't an issue for me since I have a capture card modded vita that's on the latest firmware, and another Vita which I use for Retroarch. Do I have to update from 3.60 to use Adrenaline?

Adrenaline is HENkaku 3.60 only. USB works fine for file transfer.

The new update makes psp look a little better with smoothing off and Advanced AA filter on.

Even with a Vita 1000, meaning I can use the charger cable and transfer files that way? Things just have to go in the respective folder like the original PSP homebrew?

Does anyone have the definitive 2017 list of the most up to date emulators for PSP? Is the PSP scene dead or are there still people updating emulators for it? The wololo list seems really outdated and sketchy.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've still not been able to make use of my USB drive in any emulator or for stuff from PSN store, is there some trick to accessing it or storing PSN purchases on it? Can adrenaline make any use of it, also?

I've still not been able to make use of my USB drive in any emulator or for stuff from PSN store, is there some trick to accessing it or storing PSN purchases on it? Can adrenaline make any use of it, also?

Are you using a Vita TV ? It doesn't work on the normal Vita (either the Fat or Slim).

Shaneus

Holy shitballs
(Adrenaline)
Changelog v3 -
- Added ability to launch PS1 games from XMB and play them with full sound.

- Added ability to save and load states using the 'States' tab in the Adrenaline menu.

- Added possiblity to connect USB in XMB and added 'Toggle USB' option to recovery menu.

- Added ability to return to livearea by double tapping the PS button.

- Added Adrenaline startup image designed by Freakler.

- Added option to force high memory layout. For 'The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion' Demo.

- Added option to execute 'BOOT.BIN' in UMD/ISO. For 'Saints Row: Undercover' Demo.

- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.

- Fixed volatile memory allocation bug that made 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed',

'Tony Hawk's Project 8' and maybe more games crashing.

- Fixed bug that was introduced in v2 which caused some games to crashed at PMF sequences.

- Fixed NoDrm engine bug where fan translated games couldn't load PGD decrypted files.

- Fixed msfs directory filter bug that caused some games not to recognize savedatas.

- Fixed compatiblity of base games, any game should now be able to use Adrenaline to the fullest.
I'll just be happy to play PS1 titles without needing Retroarch :D Also means I won't need to worry about my Wipeout 3 SE disc not working in my PS3 (she's a bit scratched) now I'll be able to use the PSTV for PS1 stuff!

Holy shitballs
(Adrenaline)

I'll just be happy to play PS1 titles without needing Retroarch :D Also means I won't need to worry about my Wipeout 3 SE disc not working in my PS3 (she's a bit scratched) now I'll be able to use the PSTV for PS1 stuff!

And the medic gets out and says, "Oh, my god."

I grabbed a PSTV off Groupon just to play PS1 stuff. $35 shipped. Memory card will be a 256gb Flash Drive that I got on deep clearance from a box store. These recent developments of Adrenaline and VitaShell are something else!

Praise be TheFlow.

amrod

6.61 Adrenaline-3 Released! Video of it @ https://youtu.be/9fX1NhnkHBs

Download @ https://gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/6cc8c6261bc6d31491519ac24cfcdfa2

Also 6.61 Adrenaline is now also open source :D

- Changelog v3 -
- Added ability to launch PS1 games from XMB and play them with full sound.
- Added ability to save and load states using the 'States' tab in the Adrenaline menu.
- Added possiblity to connect USB in XMB and added 'Toggle USB' option to recovery menu.
- Added ability to return to livearea by double tapping the PS button.
- Added Adrenaline startup image designed by Freakler.
- Added option to force high memory layout. For 'The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion' Demo.
- Added option to execute 'BOOT.BIN' in UMD/ISO. For 'Saints Row: Undercover' Demo.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Fixed volatile memory allocation bug that made 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed',
'Tony Hawk's Project 8' and maybe more games crashing.
- Fixed bug that was introduced in v2 which caused some games to crashed at PMF sequences.
- Fixed NoDrm engine bug where fan translated games couldn't load PGD decrypted files.
- Fixed msfs directory filter bug that caused some games not to recognize savedatas.
- Fixed compatiblity of base games, any game should now be able to use Adrenaline to the fullest.

6.61 Adrenaline-3 Released! Video of it @ https://youtu.be/9fX1NhnkHBs

Download @ https://gist.github.com/TheOfficialFloW/6cc8c6261bc6d31491519ac24cfcdfa2

Also 6.61 Adrenaline is now also open source :D

Damn it. Now I have to motivate myself to update the Vita I use for this. Oh can anyone check if the Disgaea 2 DHD DLC bug introduced on the Vita is fixed ?

ETA - Think I'm going to be lazy and wait for the Easy Adrenaline Installer to be updated. Apparently it should be up soon after Easter.

So I'm not seeing the being able to use the USB for storage option in this update or am I reading it wrong?

You can use USB for storage on the PSTV . its part of Vita Shell not Adrenaline.

The USB use on Adrenaline is the other way around, it lets you use the PSP style USB connection to access the Vita from a PC not the other way around (probably not particularly useful since you could do this from vita shell anyway).

You can use USB for storage on the PSTV . its part of Vita Shell not Adrenaline.

The USB use on Adrenaline is the other way around, it lets you use the PSP style USB connection to access the Vita from a PC not the other way around (probably not particularly useful since you could do this from vita shell anyway).
Ow you can now?!! :D
I have a patv and only thing I need it storeage vita mem cards to expensive :(
So you can use the usb as storeage for games + saves?

Shaneus

Is there a way I can update Adrenaline without using a PC? Because I'm in bed and can't be fucked getting out of it.

Edit: So we need to convert PS1 ISOs to eboots? That kinda sucks, but I guess I can deal with it :)

Is there a way I can update Adrenaline without using a PC? Because I'm in bed and can't be fucked getting out of it.

Edit: So we need to convert PS1 ISOs to eboots? That kinda sucks, but I guess I can deal with it :)

I doubt it, easy installer could but it's not updated yet and the Dev is away for Easter. Its apparently ready but he can't upload it atm.

You've always had to do that to them on PSP / Vita.

So this enables full USB transfer from the PSP mode on Vita 1000 with the basic cable, right? I don't have a slim homebrew-enabled Vita, so I'd definitely get Adrenaline if that was the case.

Joey Ravn

Banned
When do we think it might hit future firmwares ?

Never. It's been stated several times that cracking 3.60 was a labor of years, and that the exploit used in that firmware was patched in successive updates. So you would need to basically start from scratch with anything higher than 3.60.

Also, hey! Congrats to those of you who waited for Adrenaline 3.0. It looks kickass! Still not enough for me to regret my decision of updating, but I have to admit that having PSX games in their full glory is really cool.

Never. It's been stated several times that cracking 3.60 was a labor of years, and that the exploit used in that firmware was patched in successive updates. So you would need to basically start from scratch with anything higher than 3.60.

Also, hey! Congrats to those of you who waited for Adrenaline 3.0. It looks kickass! Still not enough for me to regret my decision of updating, but I have to admit that having PSX games in their full glory is really cool.

I'm guessing this also applies to the PSTV? I don't know too much about that scene for comparison, but last I checked the required firmware was 3.5x

spons

Gold Member
Thinking about updating past 3.60. I don't use Henkaku for anything really and I don't want to get banned for spoofing or whatever. I haven't touched my Vita in ages and I just want to play games.

Haven't posted much here since I just don't see a reason to hack my Vita, but I'm signing off...

Top Bottom