• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Webgame

olimario

Banned
I used to have this!
It was on a HUGE floppy disc.
This rocks!

There is a fly
>Kill it with axe
Do you want to use the big axe or the small axe
>Big axe
The fly has perished

:lol

Leo

Heh heh:

> get up
Very difficult, but you manage it. The room is still spinning. It dips and sways a little.
> kill self
Done.

**** You have died ****

8bit said:

INTERESTING LINGUISTIC TIDBIT:

The Japanese for "absurdity/nonsense" is "mucha" (無茶) and consists of the characters for "no tea."

Of course when I learned this I thought immediately of the Infocom game. It actually explains some kind of deep universal truth about the world, I think, if I could just figure out which one.

pcostabel said:
This is the Infocom game. One of the greatest text adventures of all time. Very cool!

Yeah that's what I thought. Good stuff.

BTW, if people are interested in playing the others, like Zork and the such, just IM "Infocombot" and enjoy.

FortNinety said:
BTW, if people are interested in playing the others, like Zork and the such, just IM "Infocombot" and enjoy.

Or download WinFrotz, track down the game.z3 and .z5 files, and play them outside a webbrowser!

FoneBone

A lot of the old text games are just so ludicrously unforgiving that they haven't aged very well, IMO. Hitchhiker's might be the worst offender.

This is probably the one I have for the commodore. The pack-ins with the game were great. I still have the "Don't Panic" glasses.

Flynn

FoneBone said:
A lot of the old text games are just so ludicrously unforgiving that they haven't aged very well, IMO. Hitchhiker's might be the worst offender.

Worst offender and best at making humor from its limitations.

8bit

Knows the Score
JackFrost2012 said:
INTERESTING LINGUISTIC TIDBIT:

The Japanese for "absurdity/nonsense" is "mucha" (無茶) and consists of the characters for "no tea."

Of course when I learned this I thought immediately of the Infocom game. It actually explains some kind of deep universal truth about the world, I think, if I could just figure out which one.

Don't go there. As soon as you figure it out, the universe as it is will cease to exist and be replaced by something even more complex.

Top Bottom