• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 VR: Reloaded Revealed, “rebuilt from the ground up” Exclusively for Quest 3

I am rarely that guy but the graphics in this game look like complete ass. Like someone took a N64 game and slapped a VR mod on it.

Romulus

Seems like the just did a dirty port of the VR mode that was available on other platforms.

There was a post on reddit it was delayed to fall, and then suddenly another post saying it would be released in a week. The developers didn't allow any previews either.

Romulus

I mean this reminds me of a Quest 1 game. Gamertag is brutally honest, and he doesn't even like the controls. Which was the entire point of the port.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I mean this reminds me of a Quest 1 game. Gamertag is brutally honest, and he doesn't even like the controls. Which was the entire point of the port.

WTF is that lighting and pop in.

The lighting in general is completely fucked.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
What a disgrace and wasted opportunity. We probably only had one shot to get a Hitman VR game, and this team blew it. I'm nervous about Batman as well. From Medal of Honor, Sniper Elite, Assassin's Nexus, Hitman, etc it seems like many attempts at bringing flat games to VR just don't work out. At least in the standalone space.

Romulus

What a disgrace and wasted opportunity. We probably only had one shot to get a Hitman VR game, and this team blew it. I'm nervous about Batman as well. From Medal of Honor, Sniper Elite, Assassin's Nexus, Hitman, etc it seems like many attempts at bringing flat games to VR just don't work out. At least in the standalone space.

Assassin's Creed was good to me as a stealth game. Batman has raving previews from people that played it. Hitman didn't allow anyone to preview it.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed was good to me as a stealth game. Batman has raving previews from people that played it. Hitman didn't allow anyone to preview it.
I can see how some would enjoy assassin's Creed, it was close to good I'm my eyes, but an accumulation of small faults made it a game that I dropped rather quickly.

They only show one snippet of gameplay in the whole trailer and the graphics look fucking terrible. Shit looks like Unit 13 on the vita. Why is this exclusive to Quest 3? I assume Meta ponied up?
It's not running on a pc, genius. It's practically running on cell phone hardware inside the headset at 120fps in each eye utilizing 2 screens..

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
It's not running on a pc, genius. It's practically running on cell phone hardware inside the headset at 120fps in each eye utilizing 2 screens..
You imply this user isn't considering the platforms limitations, while many games that are just as large, outclass this game visually. This is all while running on "cell phone hardware". This dev shit the bed.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Their Zombieland game was actually pretty good. Maybe the good devs left and they hired some newbies :pie_thinking:

Romulus

Their Zombieland game was actually pretty good. Maybe the good devs left and they hired some newbies :pie_thinking:

I didn't know they made that game, but it makes sense. It played fine, but I was left feeling like it was rushed visually and it was also very simple. The incomplete aspect is becoming a trend with them.

You imply this user isn't considering the platforms limitations, while many games that are just as large, outclass this game visually. This is all while running on "cell phone hardware". This dev shit the bed.
There aren’t very many VR only titles that look great on Meta. I own one. Hitman is kind of a large sandbox. Each level.

Crayon

They only show one snippet of gameplay in the whole trailer and the graphics look fucking terrible. Shit looks like Unit 13 on the vita. Why is this exclusive to Quest 3? I assume Meta ponied up?

See, now it's the BEST version of the game.

Some of the issues he mentioned were also problems in the VR mode that IOI made. I just played it for the first time a few weeks ago (was testing all my PC VR games with the new PSVR2 adapter) and I had the same problem with the fiber wire.

IMO it's a very janky mode to begin with, and this dev seems to have made it even worse due to poor optimization. That pop-in and general lack of shadows just looks awful.

diffusionx

Gold Member
AC is good. Bulletstorm was a disaster

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I want to read an interview with the devs about what went wrong with this game.

There are way better looking games on Quest 3. Coincidentally, there are also better looking games on the vita as well. The graphics are inexcusable. Also, hitman vr doesn't come anywhere close to hitting 120 fps.

Last edited:

Danknugz

VR already looks horrible and disappoints people for standard wired with discrete graphics when they expect it to look the same as the screenshots then see it through the lenses and actual headset. You know it's gonna be even worse when the screenshots themselves looks horrible, it looks even worse than that through the quest 3. Onboard graphics has its advantages i guess, but it's just another thing hampering VRs adoption when games are made to accommodate it, you end up with atrocities like this. Only silly games like best sabre work with shit graphics but then it's not really VR, people hear VR and they expect actual real photorealistic graphics.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Have the devs responded to the criticism yet.

Romulus

Have the devs responded to the criticism yet.

They're promising a big patch early next week that addressing pop in and other visual stuff. But to me, that's not even the biggest problem. All the lack of VR inactivity is. And I'm someone that will play VR with a gamepad and be happy. The issue is they promised this as a full fledged game addressing the controls. Some things were addressed but its mostly a middle ground, lazy approach to everything.

Last edited:

cyberheater

They're promising a big patch early next week that addressing pop in and other visual stuff. But to me, that's not even the biggest problem. All the lack of VR inactivity is. And I'm someone that will play VR with a gamepad and be happy. The issue is they promised this as a full fledged game addressing the controls. Some things were addressed but its mostly a middle ground, lazy approach to everything.
I read interviews where they state that this was built from the ground up for VR. I can't see how they can state that unless they've never developed for VR before. It falls so far short of the mark as a dedicated VR game.

Romulus

Day 4 patch​

The full set of changes coming in our first title update (available now) can be seen below:
Major Additions and Changes
  • Significant improvements to LOD popping (adjusted LOD distance — world elements will appear from further away)
  • Added stabiliser for the sniper rifle while aiming down sights
  • Increased crowd sizes and cull distances
  • Fixed Dartmoor Library agency pickup

Small Tweaks​

• Adjusted lighting to better balance light in dark areas
  • Data Core Chamber area brightened [Chongqing]
  • Outdoor area brightened [Final Test]
  • Gun no longer visible in the left hand while dragging bodies
  • Adjusted the grip on multiple Sword type weapons to better match player’s hand position
  • Reduced animation slicing for distance NPCs and crowds

Fixes​

• Fixed occluders in all levels to reduce issues with flickering, floating, and invisible environment elements
  • Fixed assets in all levels to remove Z-fighting and gaps in environments
  • Fixed holes in different areas of the terrain geo as well as as floating assets
  • Bikes no longer clip into the ground [Berlin]
  • The 'Yuzhong Square' Neon sign renders correctly [Chongqing]
  • The Microphone Asset in the centre of the Asado now displays [Mendoza]
  • Improved textures in all levels
  • Water textures added to Carpathian Mountains
  • Texture displays when shooting bullets while flashbanged
  • VR pointers no longer appear behind UI in certain options
  • Fixed possible crash when exiting to main menu through pause menu when cinematic is playing
  • Cinematics now play on first-time selection of Mendoza and Chongqing
  • Window frame assets now display in both eyes from a mid-far proximity
  • Player can no longer see items they hold when entering the “Dance with Diana” mission exit [Mendoza]
  • Completing "The Final Test" now plays "Call Me 47" cutscene
  • Environment no longer clips through the train floor [Carpathian Mountains]
  • Selecting 'Continue Story' after completing mission from loaded save will now play cinematic
  • Adjusted light emission and VFX in all levels
  • Antique Cannon smoke VFX corrected [Mendoza]
  • Torches have correct light emission VFX [Berlin]
  • Improved VFX for water bottle explosions
  • Added water VFX to fountain [Dubai]
  • Loading screen graphics no longer display tilted or at the wrong height if HMD is tilted before they appear

Top Bottom