• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hmm...Velvet Revolver ain't that bad, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't like any of the slow songs, but I really like all of the uptempo songs. I think lyrically it's insanely weak; thankfully the guitars are louder than the vocals and sound great. The drumming and bass work is pretty decent, but it's definitely all about Slash and the solos. It's definitely not the best work Slash has done, but it's still pretty good.

Teddman

They rule. I like that song "Fall to Pieces" which is a slow-tempo song.

Also, "Illegal Song" rocks and is my favorite track on the CD.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Teddman said:
They rule. I like that song "Fall to Pieces" which is a slow-tempo song.

Also, "Illegal Song" rocks and is my favorite track on the CD.

Awesome song. I actually really, really like Slither. Such an awesome song to play along too. I still can't decide on my favorite, but "Illegal Song" is up there.

Troidal

I like them, but I expect more from them.
If this isn't a one album gig, then I hope to see a much better piece from them in their next album.

I actually really enjoy the whole cd. It just plain rocks which a lot of today's band fail to do. I also happened to get this at the same time I was really getting into Guns N' Roses so yah for the hard rock get.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I really like them, they were great in concert.

I'm sure you already guessed that if I like VR, I like GNR and STP. You're right. I love GNR and STP. Ironically, I really like the ballads on the Contraband, even though ballad-like songs were the reason why Slash quite of GNR. He wanted more songs like the ones found on Appetite For Destruction, instead of what was on Use Your Illusion.

The VR ballads I'm talking about are Fall To Pieces, Loving the Alien, and You Got No Right. Excellent songs.

I also like the fast songs too, obviously, but those songs really shined on the album for me.

The only problem I have with the album is that Weiland wasn't lyrically in tune as he was with his Stone Temple Pilot songs. He wrote some awesome lyrics with STP, but not so much with VR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom