• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy Crap... did I just see a KOF:MI commercial?

Renegade

Banned
Get this: Ryo is working out in the gym, he's a huge sprite on a peice of paper liftinf a barbell, then Terry walks over and says "Ryo: Did you hear? the next King of Fighters is not 2D anymore. They're getting real with 3D"
Ryo: "WHAT!!!?"
They then shift to action footage of the game. Mostly characters pulling off supers on one another and a nice shot of Mai's dangling titties asn she outstretches her Fan.
Ryo then tries to lift some big, heavy barbels and his arms literally rip off like a peice of paper
Terry: "Aw man, that's one bad paper cut"

It just aired during the South Park marathon. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
jooey said:
I like how it assumes that people know what king of fighters is

The name itself says it all. Hehe

demi

Wow, that scene was a total setup for Terry and Ryo to have hot yaoi SNK related sex. I'm glad the company has one thing in mind -- success!

ferricide

yeah, it's kind of silly to bank on the fact that people know WTF KOF is, but it's a good move on their part to advertise this game, IMO. it may not be the best fighter ever, but i think it has decently broad appeal.

miyuru

It's funny because it seems that games that get advertising in the first place on TV (I NEVER see Nintendo commercials, maybe...three times a month?) sell reasonable numbers regardless of their crappiness.

aoi tsuki

Price Drop said:
For those who haven't checked it out, the KOF: MI ad is in the Motion section here:

http://news.punchjump.com/
Thanks for the commercial, and also the vides for MP: Hunters and Super Mario 64 DS. It was a horrible commercial, but it did have a lot of shots of supers, which will get some attention. Ryo's arms falling off seemed like a nod to a classic SNL skit (get it... SNK... SNL). If anything, the SNK geek in me is just glad to see it's characters "validated" with a television commercial. At least there was some mild humour, unlike the truly horrid, ten years too late, Neo Geo Pocket commercial.

Ferrio said:
Why is it one of the worst SNK fighters I've played is the only one getting constant air time.

You're right, they should be running ads for the older, better ones not currently for sale in stores!

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Ferrio said:
Why is it one of the worst SNK fighters I've played is the only one getting constant air time.
Why is it that every time I go to a nightclub, only the ugly chicks wanna step up to me.
What like I'm ugly or somethin'.
Funk dat.

Top Bottom