• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy hell DoA:Ultimate is pretty.

Mrbob

Team Ninja strikes again!

Damn! I thought this was going to be a quick and dirty port. DoA2 is still my favorite in the series. I just loved the stages. And here I thought they would look exactly the same. The amount of detail and extra areas adding to the existing stages is amazing. Getting knocked down the cathedral to the bottom reminded me of the cathedral in Ninja Gaiden. :D The game plays great, especially online. So much fun. This is the first time in a long time I've been interested in fighting games again. Oh and Hitomi >>> DJ sorry dude I took all your points I don't know how it happened. I couldn't beat anyone but you for some reason! :lol This game is a blast. The enviroments set this game apart from the competition. They are so damn big and useful too where you can use the enviroments to your advantage! Best fighter ever? Hell yeah.

Until DoA4 for Xbox 2. :D

MrparisSM

Banned
Mrbob said:
Team Ninja strikes again!

Damn! I thought this was going to be a quick and dirty port. DoA2 is still my favorite in the series. I just loved the stages. And here I thought they would look exactly the same. The amount of detail and extra areas adding to the existing stages is amazing. Getting knocked down the cathedral to the bottom reminded me of the cathedral in Ninja Gaiden. :D The game plays great, especially online. So much fun. This is the first time in a long time I've been interested in fighting games again. Oh and Hitomi >>> DJ sorry dude I took all your points I don't know how it happened. I couldn't beat anyone but you for some reason! :lol This game is a blast. The enviroments set this game apart from the competition. They are so damn big and useful too where you can use the enviroments to your advantage? Best fighter ever? Hell yeah.

Until DoA4 for Xbox 2. :D

I approve of this post!

Mrbob

The virtual arcade is awesome. I'm shocked at how smooth the game runs online. Team Ninja did their homework setting up the frame work for the online portion!

Anyone playing DoA1 Ultimate online?! :lol Popping that in and playing it reminds me how well off we are now! The advancements made from the early stages of 3D to now are amazing! Maybe I can sell off my import Saturn version of DoA!

I thought I read at one time that this game was a side project of sorts like DoAXBV and only a couple people from Team Ninja worked on it. Not sure but damn they did a hell of a job!

Yeah, you've pretty much lost all fighter cred in my eyes. The 'pretty' argument is an obvious win, but other than that...

Mrbob

It's all about the enviroments. Forget about the number of attacks per character. Both games have too many attacks to be usefull at all times anyway! The enviroments add a ton to the strategy of the game. Moreso than any other fighter on the market!

MrAngryFace said:
god, whatever man. You guys can just have each other...
taxi.gif

I'm agreeing with you, MAF. Prolly not going to happen often, enjoy it.

Mrbob

:lol

I'm far from a fighting game expert. I'm more of a fan of faster paced fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom or DoA. I don't mind remembering some moves. But I don't want to have to memorize a thesis of moves. So I guess you could call me a casual fighting fan!

Azih

Right so coming into a thread where a guy gushes about how nice DoA looks just to say that the game sucks isn't Trolling.

MAF: Trolling even when he doesn't know he's trolling.

COCKLES

being watched
Why do people waste time worshipping Allah, Yehew and Buddah when they should have a golden Itagaki statue to bow down to in their own home.

If MS have any sense they'll make sure Tecmo are locked down, tight as a drum for Xenon.

MrparisSM

Banned
COCKLES said:
Why do people waste time worshipping Allah, Yehew and Buddah when they should have a golden Itagaki statue to bow down to in their own home.

If MS have any sense they'll make sure Tecmo are locked down, tight as a drum for Xenon.

I truely respect this man. With the quality of titles he releases the sales on his games would be atleast double what they are now if he were to release them on the PS2. But he refuses to develop his key franchises on "inferior hardware". :D Either that or Microsoft is paying them out the wazoo. Who knows.

Mrbob

You know what the best part of the story mode is?

Tecmo finally properly translated the text before the final battle! I always wondered what the hell he was trying to say in DoA2: HARDCORE. :lol

Also, the season changing effects are awesome in that final battle. I don't remember that before either.

Does it really look better than DoA3?

Yeah. It's amazing how great DoA2 Ultimate looks. Can't wait to see what the are doing for Xbox 2! :D

This is their last Xbox release right? DoA: Code Chronus, DoA4, and Ninja Gaiden 2 are all Xbox 2 titles I believe.

I'm sick of getting destroyed by Ayane players. If they removed all the Ayane losses, I'd probably have a winning record.

Hey MrBob, what's your nickname and gamertag?

Pachinko

Actually that text thing confuses me becuase the original dreamcast version of DOA2 had completly accurate translations that happened to be so literal they made no sence. The subtitles in the new one make the quites sound like more sensicle english but it's not at all what the characters are saying, more like a rewritten interpretation of what they'd probaly say in english. Look at Eins quote "ee vibrationu"- literally "Good vibration " but in the new one its "This fight gave me a good feeling" Which is pretty well what he meant but not what he said. My Roomate(who is japanese) noticed this has well, when Tengu Says Ko, WAPAAa! if you have to fight him again at the end it says "you puny little insect" when in fact the original line of "brat!" is closer.

Top Bottom