• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOORAY: I HAVE SOME CAPTAIN MORGANS GOLD ON THE WAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
that rhymes too..

anyways, apparently there are some remaining stocks of this cancelled alcoholic beverage that didnt live long enough...

i bought 30 of them from a buddy in california and he is shipping it out to me via UPS.

if you live in CA, check a big lots near you that has beer/wine/liquor, they may have bottles of captain morgans gold for 89cents a bottle..

so sweet, i cant wait to get them...

anyone else a fan of this quickly cancelled beverage?

nitewulf

i drink captain morgan's spiced rum, what the hell is gold? sounds like a great deal though. but i think ill go easy on the drinking for a while, i drank so much cheap vodka last saturday that i had the biggest hangover all sunday...splitting headache = not fun.

Captain Morgan's Gold was their malternative beer...

it was flavored very sweet, and very unique.. not like the rest of the drinks where its a fruity thing, or lemon lime, or fake whiskey/coke flavor..

it was supposed to remind you of captain morgans, capt+coke, and be sweet, and its own thing... it was cancelled promptly unfortunately..

the first time i had it, i hated it, as I was told it was Capt+coke wannabe, and so going into it expecting that, it didnt taste anything like that and i hated it..

when i realized it was supposed to be its own thing, no specific flavor profile to refer to, it was good, IMO.

bjork

I don't really drink, but I only ever liked Parrot Bay.

I think it was more that I liked the cool clear bottle with the pirate sticker, than anything.

they now have multiple flavors of parrot bay, outside of the standard coconut now.. all i remember is that i saw mango, too.

well i should have 30 bottles on their way to me... considering the expiration date has passed, they shouldnt taste as godo as fresh, but not horrible either.. though the taste was definately polarzing, so i am sure alot of people wouldnt like it fresh anyways.

i'll probably drink a couple of them as soon as tehy are cold the evening i get them... and will have to conserve the rest of my poor babies..

like i said, go check out your big lots if you are in CALI!

also, yes there are 3-4 flavors or parrot bay now, so check it out man ifyou loved regular parrot bay.

Jason

Grabbed this from the LCBO website...is it the same stuff?

CAPTAIN MORGAN GOLD RUM
LCBO 4788 | 750 mL bottle

Price: $ 21.50
Spirits, Rum, Light/Amber Rum
40.0% Alcohol/Vol.

Made in: Quebec, Canada
By: SCHENLEY DISTILLERIES INC.

Tasting Note
Golden amber colour; citrus fruit with delicate hints of caramel and spice on the nose; warm spicy notes and vanilla on the palate

Serving Suggestion
Use in rum ball/ rum cake recipes; with cola/fruit juice

Manders

Banned
Not the same thing. It is like malt beverage, like the Jack and Coke or mudslides you buy premade. It is gross.

aoi tsuki

Malties would be palatible to me if they weren't so damn sweet. i want the fruitiness or non-standard beer taste with a third of the sweetness, which is why this stuff was so good, despite the flat-tasting ale taste:

apricot_ale.jpg

Never had Morgan's Gold, but i'll check the Big Lots two towns over today.

captain morgans gold is very sweet..

yes i am embarrased for my love of certain malternatives... but i do drink tons of other stuff...

my love of bacardi 151 ended a few years ago with a near death experience fortunately.

these days its all captain morgan + pepsi one for me.

since i am lo carb lately, the captain morgans godl will be like a treat of 1 or 2 on certain occassions... otherwise i stick to the captain+diet cola or other hard liquors or low carb beers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom