• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hostage situation in downtown Toronto Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firest0rm

I can't believe no one has posted anything about this yet! Today we had a hostage situation where a man took a random person in front of the trainstation and held a sawed off shotgun to her head. It was early in the morning. For the full story go here. Its hard to believe, its really something you'd expect out of a movie! My sister was there, but she avoided the area when she saw all the police and sirens.

Firest0rm

I knew you were gonna say that. :)

edit: i'll add more to it for you then, Canada is a town in the US, and Toronto is a neighbourhood within the town of Canada.

Fifty

What the hell....I didn't know this happened and I was downtown!

and we never get to see this dramatic police stuff on TV. We're nothing like LA...I missed out on an exciting time!

Firest0rm

Fifty said:
What the hell....I didn't know this happened and I was downtown!

and we never get to see this dramatic police stuff on TV. We're nothing like LA...I missed out on an exciting time!

This was 8 am in the morning.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I heard about it this morning - pretty crazy shyt!
hostage2.jpg

^I've eaten at that hot dog vendor!

Apparently, the police sniper ended the whole thing with a single, well-placed head shot that splattered the dude's brain all over the pavement.

'Literally, you could see his brain fly all over the place,'' said one man who watched the sniper's bullet find its mark.

''Like you see (such things) in a movie and you're all cool. It's not cool. It's not cool at all.''

Shinobi

Matlock said:
"GIVE US THE MONEY, OR VINCE CARTER'S LEGS GET IT."

<Response> HAHAHA THE JOKES ON YOU, HIS LEGS HAVE ALREADY GOTTEN IT!!

Check pulse24.com, canada.com, thestar.com, or just do a google news search for Toronto hostage.

The funny thing about this is that half the people there thought it was a movie, since a number have been shot there (the scene with Magneto facing off with the cops outside that old building is more or less where this standoff occurred...a few other movies have been shot inside that building as well). I heard that live video captured much of the gorey detail, which they couldn't show later in the day.

Pochacco said:
I heard about it this morning - pretty crazy shyt!
hostage2.jpg

^I've eaten at that hot dog vendor!

Apparently, the police sniper ended the whole thing with a single, well-placed head shot that splattered the dude's brain all over the pavement.

gross!

You eat food from street vendors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom