• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Hot Shots Golf) The BJ MATCH & STROKE Invitational. Prize for the winner!

I figured I'd try my luck at hosting a game this week since Astrolad doesn't know if he's going to be around. Since it's not an Astro-hosted NGA event, I'll name it after... myself!

WHAT: The BJ MATCH & STROKE invitational. Up to 8 people will compete in the BJ MATCH & STROKE Invitational. First round matches will consist of MATCH PLAY games. Winners of these games will face each other in a STROKE PLAY final. In the event an odd number of players sign up, someone will be chosen at random to receive a bye into the final. Random.org will be used to pick the bye and also to determine the first round matchups.

WHEN: The usual time: Saturday (yeah... less than 24 hours notice :p) 1 PM Eastern Time.

WHERE: Last floor, last lobby.

First round matches will be contested in MATCH PLAY.
Course: Great Safari C.C., 9 HOLE (OUT), Regular Tee.
Round Speed: Normal.
Characters: Novice Only.

FIRST ROUND MATCH WINNERS SHOULD REPORT BACK TO THIS THREAD UPON COMPLETION OF THEIR GAME TO REPORT RESULTS. It is recommended that the losing player reports the result as well for confirmation purposes or in case the winner forgets to.

The Final Round will be contested in STROKE PLAY. Because I am an asshole, the rules will be set to the following:
Course: Silver Peaks G.C., 6 HOLE (RANDOM), Long Tee (Mirror),
Round Speed: Normal
Characters: Intermediate Only.
HSG Rules: +2 Rough, No Power Mode

Yep, only six holes. Is that stupid? Probably, but it's my tournament! And I know none of us want this to take all afternoon. In the event of a tie in the final round, a tie-breaker will be contested under Match Play (if 2 tie) or New Real (if 3+ tie) on Highland C.C., 9 HOLE (In), Regular Tee, Speed: Normal, Novice Only, Big Cup. Big Cup? YEAH I SAID BIG CUP GEEZE

THE WINNER OF THE BJ INVITATIONAL WILL BE MAILED A GAME FOR THE SYSTEM OF THEIR CHOICE! The winner may select from NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PS1, PSP, PS2, XBox, GameCube, XBox 360, and Atari Lynx. Approximate prize value will be somewhere between $5 and $15 most likely. If you hate your prize, too bad! Also note: All games are NTSC, so pick a system your game will be compatible with. *edit* made this clearer

Also... I GET TO PLAY, DAMMIT. But if I win, the runner up will receive the prize. Sign up plz k thx

Please post here in the thread if you wish to participate.

Participants:
1. Alex Anderson/BrandonJ335
2. P_Wright
3. Steroyd
4. Strawman

Alternates (lol, like we'll get that many sign-ups)

1. AstroLad

HoTHiTTeR

Hi, I suck. I'm getting my new puppy this weekend, so puppy-proofing my apartment is this mornings "work-around-the-house" theme with me and my girl. I'm not sure I can pull off playing PS3 when I have to rearrange my entire dining room and office. :(

Count me out. /me am cry

edit: obligatory picture proof of my new 7mo old. :D
2cftpgz.jpg

Results. Had to change to regular tee since Strawman didn't have long tee unlocked.

BJ +3
Strawman +4
P_wright +7
steroyd +8

Thanks for showing up you three. Fewer than 4 wouldn't have been much fun :p As a bonus, everyone gets a prize! PM me your address and system of choice (keep in mind the games are NTSC) and I'll send out on Monday from work.

Great, looks like the server is down now? *edit* Oh, nm it isn't. I guess I just disconnected. I thought it was down cause I usually get that blank black screen with Now Loading... and got the refer to hotshotsgolf.com message when I tried to get back on.

Oh well, enjoy the rest of the friendly round fellas

Top Bottom