• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Shorties |OT| of more advertising than Sony’s providing

Takao

Banned

ugTdL.png

Xhml4.png

LkpJf.png

EyNDL.png

ET46A.png

tqmey.png

Takao

Banned
Grimmy said:
Nice job! How are the games? I'm quite interested. LOVED Hot Shots Tennis.

Vacuuming, and book sorting are oddly fun. Though, I think SCEA edited the vacuuming game. In the Japanese version it's a woman cleaning it, I'm playing as a robot in the English version. :lol

will the installation all end up in one place? as in, do I have to quit Hot Shots green pack and enter blue pack if I want to switch from boxing to karate, or it's all in 1 game?

Takao

Banned
Counter Crusader reminds me of a colourful Dynasty Warriors. You're walking and chopping a billion AI vegetables. :lol

Callibretto said:
will the installation all end up in one place? as in, do I have to quit Hot Shots green pack and enter blue pack if I want to switch from boxing to karate, or it's all in 1 game?

You'll have to quit, which is really annoying.

Takao said:
Counter Crusader reminds me of a colourful Dynasty Warriors. You're walking and chopping a billion AI vegetables. :lol

You'll have to quit, which is really annoying.

that's a pretty big deal breaker =( probably would have like it if they just sold all 12 as separate mini titles.

Even for a trailer for a game from Japan that trailer was...super Japanese :lol

Saw this on the PS Store and was like, "huh." I love Clap Hanz, made my 2010 PSP GOTY (Hot Shots Tennis) so I think I'll jump on this.

Shame on you SCEA for sending this to die.

Man, thank the lord for GAF. I was looking for info on this game every where tonight after I read the PSN store update.

Looks, great. I'll jump in on the full pack after I get paid on Friday! Thank you, Takao! :D

Takao

Banned
Seriously, SCEA just dumped this game. They've yet to formally announce it (we knew they were bringing it over, as an ESRB rating was issued a few weeks back), and the only instance of it on the PS Blog is via the Store update. It didn't even get a mention in the weekly release column.

Reknoc

Oh. So this is what these Everybody's Stress Buster things I saw on the PSP are. I think these have been on the UK PSN store since like, before christmas.

Edit: Actually checking tells me they went up on 22/12/10

Massa

Played two demos (Bookshelf Dash and Face a la Creme) and they were exactly what I expected. Couldn't really get the others to work for some reason.

$15 is a bit much though from what I've seen, will wait until SCEA realizes that.

Takao

Banned
Reknoc said:
Oh. So this is what these Everybody's Stress Buster things I saw on the PSP are. I think these have been on the UK PSN store since like, before christmas.

Edit: Actually checking tells me they went up on 22/12/10

Ugh, you're right.

Here's the UK page, it has a trailer that showcases each mini-game, and screenshots.

Cool, thanks for the thread. I wouldn't have known this was out yet otherwise. I reckon I'll pick it up soon... kinda itching to play the Clean-Up Hitter mini-game after seeing a video. That and just general curiosity from being such a HSG fan.

All of the mini-games from the Japanese release made it over, eh? When I heard they were chopping it up into multiple packs I was afraid some of them were going to be left out.

Good OP. I picked up Red yesterday. I'm picking up Yellow today. I'll get Blue sometime down the road. I saw a video with Soccer Derby and it reminded me of Shaolin Soccer. Here's a decent video with a lot of the games.

mistuhcahlos said:
Good OP. I picked up Red yesterday. I'm picking up Yellow today. I'll get Blue sometime down the road. I saw a video with Soccer Derby and it reminded me of Shaolin Soccer. Here's a decent video with a lot of the games.
Great clip, definitely needs to be added to the OP.

depward

Love Hot Shots, so this was a surprise to pop up in the PSN Store yesterday.

I can't believe SCEA would just send these games off to die. Come on now.

Takao

Banned
OP updated with new info. Just an FYI to the UMD people out there, PlayAsia has the Asian copy for just under $30. It's in English, and includes all the games.

I love these games but it pisses me off the way Sony's decided to package them. Why do I have to have FOUR separate icons sitting on my XMB? Four different save files. Four different profiles. Four different sets of stats. It really is ridiculous.

I understand they wanted to get them out in cheap little chunks, but they could have utilised the same setup as Pinball Heroes on PSP. You can buy whichever tables you want for that, and they all plug into ONE XMB file and ONE save file.

Having said that, I think I like the soccer game the best.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I picked up the bundle and though it was nice essentially getting one of the packs for free, the fucking ridiculous way they were split out into non-integrated packs is completely ridiculous. They should have made the "bundle" its own, fifth package including all of the games integrated into one consolidated pack.

Mejilan said:
Yeah, I picked up the bundle and though it was nice essentially getting one of the packs for free, the fucking ridiculous way they were split out into non-integrated packs is completely ridiculous. They should have made the "bundle" its own, fifth package including all of the games integrated into one consolidated pack.

They did it for Pinball Heroes so it's absolutely technically possible. I do understand why they wanted to adopt an a-la-carte model but it's so awkwardly packaged.

krae_man

Volcynika said:
Saw this on CAG, apparently Amazon flubbed the pricing for the bundle and is selling it for $4.99. Buy, get a code, blammo.

Link

Dang, if only this worked on a Canadian PSN account.

Edit: It works for Canadian PSN accounts, you just need a US shipping address in your Amazon account to get around the "valid for US addresses only" rule!:D

depward

I actually have a habit of buying PSP game codes via Amazon and spotted this price mistake on Tuesday; it usually takes them about two days or so to actually be able to purchase game codes for that Tuesday's store update, so I was keeping an eye out to see if it stuck. And it did!

In any case, purchased :D

seady

The game looks very cool, and the cheap price at Amazon makes me want to get it even more…. but the way the package the games…. man what a mess.

krae_man

I'm hooked on the batting cage one.

Is the best rating an S rating? 27 is my best so far, I have no luck with choosing the corect location in extra innings.

Volcynika said:
Saw this on CAG, apparently Amazon flubbed the pricing for the bundle and is selling it for $4.99. Buy, get a code, blammo.

Link
Volcynika said:
Showing as still available, so bumping for anyone that missed it. (Link in my earlier post)

Awesome deal, thanks! Just purchased the package and it's downloading now.

Apath

I bought the bundle a week or two ago. The games are simply but very enjoyable -- well worth the money. I just wish that the packs would combine together so I wouldn't have four separate games listed under games/have to navigate between them.

Blitz SNAFU was by far my favorite (of the three games I've tried =P).

Top Bottom