• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami on PS4 |OT|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Bought it on PS3, played it there, played it on Vita...and now on PS4. It's such a fun game. I love it so much. The soundtrack is just so fucking good. Hydrogen is just the greatest song out of the entire game. Just the way that song starts and builds up. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. So good.

Just a warning that if you stream the game on Twitch it's likely to be muted in the archive.

Because of shit like this I am officially done with Twitch. I streamed a game of MLB The Show tonight, and because of 20 seconds of audio the whole video is muted? Sucks.

If this is just a foreshadowing of what YouTube will be like in the near future, I will be done with them as well.

Anyone else having problems with their previous save file?

I synced my file from PSVita to the cloud in which i had completed all the levels yet when i sync on PS4 it shows i have only finished level 6?

Rosur

Love the soundtrack for this but the controls compared to the pc version I thought were a bit meh. Think it would of been good for them to of switched R2 and R1 around as keep pressing R2 for attack when its not.

Griss

Fucking incredible album that a mediocre to decent game piggybacked off of.

Okay, maybe that's harsh. It really is a great game. It's just that the music carries the load as much or more than any other game I've ever played.

EDIT: If anyone knows when this comes out for PS4 in EU let me know, doesn't seem to be there.

ldcommando

Banned
Obligatory "This is nice and all but gimme hotline miami 2 already omg what are you doing you killing me here" post.

GeoramA

Feels like the PS3 version, but now with a more comfortable controller. Still an amazing game with one of the best soundtrack ever.

RedAssedApe

Banned
controls are awkward. wish you could map them. but pretty fun so far. can't say i'm fond of the 8-bit aesthetic but I guess that and all that wah wah music (which i like) is supposed to match up with the era. the violence maybe easier to stomach this way.

so i had no idea that there was a point in wearing the different masks other than looks?

Chopper

I played the Vita version for literally a couple of hours, before getting distracted and never going back. I wasn't sure about the Vita controls, but then I didn't play it for very long. I'll load up the PS4 version later, maybe.

Calmine

Such an amazing game and that soundtrack. Downloaded the ps4 version the controls are fine just odd that they didnt use L2 and R2.

Trying to A+ on the levels though is sure difficult. 2 Trophies away from Platium.

Best track in the game and the only one that (with headphones on and a handful of failures already behind me) actually puts me in a murder-trance. For lack of a better word. As the music builds, I actually get more aggressive and stop playing safe and just blast through levels with a primal fury. As much as I love all the other music, I wish that was the track for every level. Hahahaha

OnPoint

image.php

You favor Tony? You don't say.... :)
So OP he's nerfed in the sequel

DJ88

Been meaning to play this ever since it came out. Just never got around to it till now. Not much to say than whats's already been said about this game.
Music is flawless, controls took a bit getting used to but by the end felt like a complete and total controlled badass.
Just beat it now under the perfect conditions to play this game. Late at night, home theater bumpin, and under the glow of Miami city lights.

iv2JjQRqUPCA1.jpg

ipM5LxzWY7U4V.jpg

manzo

My only platinum trophy game. Played this entirely on Vita, bought it for full price when it came out. Getting a+ on all levels was the pinnacle of the game.

EmSeta

Love this game. Played it on PC, Vita and now playing it on PS4. The atmosphere in the disco level is just fantastic.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Novocaine

The touch pad crosshair control is nice. Vita is still the best way to play. But it is nice to blast this game through my amp.

This was the game that opened my eyes to the possibilities of fun found in indies. Had it from ps +, heard tings but wasn't hyped, played the first level and didn't stop until platinum. Amazing game. Replaying on vita now, would be perfect except no R3 lock on, which makes it slightly inferior for me. Can't wait for 2.

Warablo

Its a great game, but its harder on the controller compared to the PC version, and I don't even game on the PC.

anddo0

My only platinum trophy game. Played this entirely on Vita, bought it for full price when it came out. Getting a+ on all levels was the pinnacle of the game.

I'd like to get the plat but....

I've got about 4-5 A+ levels to go. The problem is I can't get more than A's/B+ on said levels.

The "go to your car 60 times" trophy seems bugged. I'm positive I've done this.

Here's what I've got.

Metro- A+
No Talk- A+
Overdose- A+
Decadence- A+
Tension- A+
Full House- A+
Clean Hit- A+
Neighbors- A+
Push it- A- (high score 61807)
Crackdown- B (high score 52589)
Hot&Heavy- B+ (high score 115267)
Deadline- B (high score 58894)

Does chapter 13 and on count?
Any tip? Other than higher combos and not dying?

I started playing this on the Vita, but I think it was giving me headaches and nausea. May try again on the PS4 at some point. Definitely enjoyed what I played though.

UrbanRats

My GOTY 2012.

And that year had Sleeping Dogs and Dragon's Dogma, so it was a tall order.
But i just couldn't stop playing this.

The "go to your car 60 times" trophy seems bugged. I'm positive I've done this.

Does chapter 13 and on count?
Any tip? Other than higher combos and not dying?

I was about to say the same thing about that trophy, I completed the game, replayed a lot of chapters and still nothing.

I don't know if the last chapters when you play as the
Biker
are necessary, but the other ones count.

Not a pro of A+'s but ground executions gives you a lot of points so avoid kill enemies with melee weapons and firearms.

I've got about 4-5 A+ levels to go. The problem is I can't get more than A's/B+ on said levels.

Push it- A- (high score 61807)
Crackdown- B (high score 52589)
Hot&Heavy- B+ (high score 115267)
Deadline- B (high score 58894)

Haven't played it on PS4 yet but I platted the PS3 version. I always tried to go through a level with Carl's mask and ground execute them with the drill for a ton of points; usually that'd be enough for an A+.

However for those levels where I just couldn't seem to push my score high enough, I'd check out the A+ "Rooster Runs" on Youtube. At the very least they are a good way to see a confirmed strategy for an A+ run in terms of which enemies to engage first, etc.. Here are their scores for the levels you're struggling with:

Push It - 72732 [LINK]
Crackdown - 68023 [LINK]
Hot & Heavy - 138752 [LINK]
Deadline - 81959 [LINK]

KalBalboa

Banned
I can't seem to get the motion control melee kill to work. It's weird, because I did it earlier to demonstrate to a friend.

Snowballo

The only trophy I have left besides the Platinum one. I just need to achieve A+ status on a few more levels. Hot & Heavy has been the bane of my existence in this regard (stuck at an A rank).

I don't remember but there was one mission that took me A LOT of time.

Anyway I should platinum this one too. I need some quick trophies you get using Youtube video (like "kill 3 guys with a brick".

anddo0

I was about to say the same thing about that trophy, I completed the game, replayed a lot of chapters and still nothing.

I don't know if the last chapters when you play as the
Biker
are necessary, but the other ones count.

Not a pro of A+'s but ground executions gives you a lot of points so avoid kill enemies with melee weapons and firearms.

Haven't played it on PS4 yet but I platted the PS3 version. I always tried to go through a level with Carl's mask and ground execute them with the drill for a ton of points; usually that'd be enough for an A+.

However for those levels where I just couldn't seem to push my score high enough, I'd check out the A+ "Rooster Runs" on Youtube. At the very least they are a good way to see a confirmed strategy for an A+ run in terms of which enemies to engage first, etc.. Here are their scores for the levels you're struggling with:

Push It - 72732 [LINK]
Crackdown - 68023 [LINK]
Hot & Heavy - 138752 [LINK]
Deadline - 81959 [LINK]

Thanks guys.
I'll try these out.

I usually run with Tony, Dennis and Zack. I've only fooled around with Carl, but will give him a try.

I usually run with Tony, Dennis and Zack. I've only fooled around with Carl, but will give him a try.

Carl atleast used to work out fine for A+'s before the nerf patch. Not sure if he can be used anymore as effectively but:

Always throw the drill at the enemy knocking them down (extra points) then run up and drill execution for maximum points.

Carl atleast used to work out fine for A+'s before the nerf patch. Not sure if he can be used anymore as effectively but:

Always throw the drill at the enemy knocking them down (extra points) then run up and drill execution for maximum points.

I'm pretty sure I installed all patches/updates for the PS3 version and I still managed to get a lot of points via Carl's drill executions. I mean it was on auto-pilot or anything, I still needed to play decently lol and it wasn't an automatic A+ every time so I definitely needed to refine my approach on a number of stages, but Carl worked out pretty well.

Ok, I finished the game for the 1rst time. Holy shit, that felt like a trip on acid. Now time to platinum this fucker.

Yeah that's the thing, people who like electronic music will like this OST. I'm not the one who likes it.

I don't like electronic music at all but I ADORE the score from this game. Truly catchy.

Top Bottom