• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotness! Vampire: The Masquerade Preview!

Mrbob

http://pc.ign.com/articles/561/561875p1.html

Bloodlines has also thankfully avoided punishing the player for rummaging through drawers and cupboards for items and money. If there aren't any witnesses, I shouldn't have an invincible guardian appear in a puff of smoke and reduce me to a pile of ash with a nasty look. You will have bounty hunters come after you if you break the Masquerade, but that only happens when someone else sees you cross the line. And the bounty hunters can be killed

:O

Haha, cool!

As such, there are no plans for a demo, sadly. Still, a Masquerade game developed by Troika and rendering with the Source engine pretty much sells itself. RPGs may no longer be in their heyday--on the PC, at least--but they still have plenty of momentum.

No plans for a demo, guys!

And some pics!

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041029032945425.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041029032952659.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041029032944253.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041019083737390.jpg

vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-20041019083732641.jpg

The scenery looks amzing!

IJoel

I am really anticipating this game. That said, I find the graphics somewhat dated. They are just not impressive. The character models appear to be just odd and the environments somewhat flat.

Mrbob

IJoel said:
I am really anticipating this game. That said, I find the graphics somewhat dated. They are just not impressive. The character models appear to be just odd and the environments somewhat flat.

Well it did get held back nearly a year. :p

I still like the enviroments though.

Mrbob

Yup.

They couldn't release this game until Half LIfe 2 was releasing. It's been done for awhile (almost a year) and Troika had to sit on it because of their deal with Valve. I'm sure the extra year has been able to give the game a good bit of polish!

No official date yet. An announcement will be made soon. I was at the same event and just posted up something on it as well. It was sorta hard to write with how little we got to actually play it. It was fun though and I can't wait to play some more.

firex

Even though I pretty much hate the universe it's set in, this sounds awesome based upon who's making it and that it's on the source engine.

Sjoerd

firex said:
Even though I pretty much hate the universe it's set in, this sounds awesome based upon who's making it and that it's on the source engine.

IAWTP :)

First post I ever had to say I agreed on :)

tenchir

shoplifter said:
Too bad this is old WoD and not new WoD.

I don't see many improvements story-wise from old WoD to new WoD. Actually, there really isn't any metaplot in Vampire WoD yet since it is still so new. Gameplay-wise, they aren't going to strictly stick to the rules, it will be like SW:KotOR and that it will be loosely based on the ruleset.

Top Bottom