• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of the Dead 2 and 3 Wii - $19.99 at Circuit City

MoogPaul

I have a problem with these wii zappers, wii-wheels, perfect shots etc.
I have the nyko rechargeable battery station, and the new battery covers for the wiimotes (so that the wiimote can charge) is usually a little too thick for these peripherals. Has anyone come across a different charger that doesn't interfere with the use of peripherals?

sk3tch

MoogPaul said:
I have the nyko rechargeable battery station, and the new battery covers for the wiimotes (so that the wiimote can charge) is usually a little too thick for these peripherals. Has anyone come across a different charger that doesn't interfere with the use of peripherals?

Just buy individual AA rechargeable batteries. The Ray-o-vac Hybrids are excellent...plus you can use them in other devices.

jibblypop

Banned
This game rules! I got it a couple weeks ago and finally played it last night. It's just as fun as I remember! The Wii should just keep getting these light gun games because they are perfect for the system and everyone seems to love them that I show them to.

Naruto

sk3tch said:
That's *not* the Nyko Perfect Shot, but a knock-off.
That is indeed a knock off, but it's EXACTLY the same as the the Nyko one except for the orange strap the Nyko has to hold the Wiimote -

31d-tbiJKWL._AA280_.jpg

This "knock-off" doesn't have this strap, but it's not necessary at all. You have to waggle the the Perfect Shot really hard and fast for the Wiimote to pop out.
BTW, it's 3$ cheaper than the Nyko one :D .

Innotech

Banned
MoogPaul said:
Aside from the Nyko charger, we have this React 4 wiimote charging dock . The battery cover is as non intrusive as a regular cover, because the pack is built into the cover so it fits all the peripherals. downside is this charging dock is a bit expensive, but I love it so far.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...700050032&type=product&tab=1&id=1194052902014

My friend and I were playing it all day yesterday, its fun stuff. Extreme mode for HOD3 added a melee attack thing which is neato

Booser

This is a great game. Sega really nailed the IR shooting, much better then RE:UC which seems sluggish in comparison. I'm hoping they port the Lost World in future

evilromero said:
It was also this price on Amazon last Thursday. It's only a matter of time before we see this price at BB as well.

Really? How long do you think that would be? I wasnt really looking that much into buying this, but 20$ is a sweet deal, but id MUCH rather pick it up in store at best buy.

Booser

How does this compare to RE:UC?

In terms of shooting its light years ahead. It makes UC feel like your dragging its cursor through wet cement. UC probably has more content though and is probably better value if you are a RE fan obviously. If I had to pick one it would be House of the Dead.

Graphically HotD2 looks dated in places but not as bad as you'd imagine. HotD3 still looks pretty good and kicks serious ass

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I purchased HOTD 2 & 3 at $30, and I have no regrets. At $20, you'd better buy it, or else you'll suffer
massive bouts of regret
like G did.

Speaking of, how did G survive his brush with death in HOTD 2? That always bothered me...

Narag

M3wThr33 said:
I don't, but I'm wary of it. It's not the same mold, but a copy-cat design.

Its that stupid white one everyone wanted to be awesome but ended up failing.

e6ay41.jpg

Naruto said:
That is indeed a knock off, but it's EXACTLY the same as the the Nyko one except for the orange strap the Nyko has to hold the Wiimote -

31d-tbiJKWL._AA280_.jpg

This "knock-off" doesn't have this strap, but it's not necessary at all. You have to waggle the the Perfect Shot really hard and fast for the Wiimote to pop out.
BTW, it's 3$ cheaper than the Nyko one :D .

The perfect shot and this the dealxtreme item are noticeably different.

Brannon

twinturbo2 said:
I purchased HOTD 2 & 3 at $30, and I have no regrets. At $20, you'd better buy it, or else you'll suffer
massive bouts of regret
like G did.

Speaking of, how did G survive his brush with death in HOTD 2? That always bothered me...

Because instead of staying in one place, G went over THERE for treatment.

In other news, this thread convinced me to buy the game, and after braving I-75 traffic (which will be fucked every weekend until NOVEMBER GODDAMN IT ATLANTA FUCK), I am now happy to be dual-pistoling (shotguns!) it up.

Because it's the only way to play.

Cravis

Shaheed79 said:
Thanks a lot just ordered it. So where do I get the Nyko shell that everyone loves?
Check your local K Mart if you have one. If not then eBay like someone else said.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Is it me or does the calibration for House of the Dead 2 suck? It's like way too sensitive even if you change the Wii sensitivity settings for the Wii remote...

I've been using just the Wii remote itself and the perfect shot and it's not too fun...(doesn't work like an arcade light gun), but I'm still content with the game.

Just holding the Wii remote and slightly adjusting where I point instead of going gung ho light gun on it...

I can't imagine playing this without the crosshairs on...

MarkMan said:
Is it me or does the calibration for House of the Dead 2 suck? It's like way too sensitive even if you change the Wii sensitivity settings for the Wii remote...

I've been using just the Wii remote itself and the perfect shot and it's not too fun...(doesn't work like an arcade light gun), but I'm still content with the game.

Just holding the Wii remote and slightly adjusting where I point instead of going gung ho light gun on it...

I can't imagine playing this without the crosshairs on...
you might just have a problematic setup. I'm only using the Zapper, and I'm popping zombie heads like bubblewrap, HOTD works great for me.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Brannon said:
Because instead of staying in one place, G went over THERE for treatment.

... but it's a seemingly fatal injury... oh wait, arcade games don't have to be bound by common sense and/or logic, carry on then... :D

dfyb

Banned
is it out of stock now? cant' seem to finish checkout but it isn't clear in saying it's out of stock

this price also apply to in-store?

RBH

dfyb said:
is it out of stock now? cant' seem to finish checkout but it isn't clear in saying it's out of stock

this price also apply to in-store?
Yup, the $19.99 price is in-store as well.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Big Chief Crazy Cone said:
Just bought the "Perfect Shot", realized it wasn't the Perfect Shot, and canceled my order. Damn it.

Is it that different?

I mean, id I'm not mistaken what makes the PS great is that there's no lag when pushing the trigger to shoot, I'm assuming this knockoff doesn't do the job as well as the Nyko one?

Dash Kappei said:
Is it that different?

I mean, id I'm not mistaken what makes the PS great is that there's no lag when pushing the trigger to shoot, I'm assuming this knockoff doesn't do the job as well as the Nyko one?

How can there be lag with either when it's a physical connection? My pushing the button in an elevator with a car key isn't going to cause the button to go down any slower than if I pushed it with my finger?

Narag

beermonkey@tehbias said:
How can there be lag with either when it's a physical connection? My pushing the button in an elevator with a car key isn't going to cause the button to go down any slower than if I pushed it with my finger?

No clue but people reported issues with that knockoff design in this thread a while back.

dfyb

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
....it's not even that uncommon for low-quality devices like this to have lag -- it's due to bad design. it's pretty prevalent in controller converters.

RBH said:
Yup, the $19.99 price is in-store as well.
sweet. will go tomorrow

dfyb said:
....it's not even that uncommon for low-quality devices like this to have lag -- it's due to bad design. it's pretty prevalent in controller converters.

Controller converters are electronic, not mechanical.

dfyb

Banned
Naruto said:
Really? Nyko -

31d-tbiJKWL._AA280_.jpg

Dealextreme one -

sku_10833_2.jpg

Basic structure is identical.
...you need more brain training

i mean, other than it being shaped like a gun and built to hold the same wiimote.... there are several noticable differences.

sk3tch

Naruto said:

lol wow @ the difference.

Nyko versus CHEAP CRAP. Hm. Tough choice. Well...I save $2! Heh.

Everyone just needs to be patient. Nyko will have the stores FLOODED with Perfect Shots in a week or two. I am pretty sure they just got caught off guard with the popularity of the thing. I'm looking for one or two myself. I can wait, though.

For those of you buying at DealExtreme for the first time, I hope you're aware that it takes 2-4 weeks to receive your order. They are very reliable - but it is slooow.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
beermonkey@tehbias said:

What's sp hard to understand? I mean, the mechanical device the triggers the remote B button is probably not very well built, bad design choices the create a lag betwnn the gun trigger and the time it needs to reach and press the B button.

Selected quote from the other thread about the white one:
(which to me it seems different than the Dealextreme's one, am I right?)
Linkgz said:
"that gun is terrible, I have it, the delay from pulling the trigger and things happening is bad."

sk3tch said:
For those of you buying at DealExtreme for the first time, I hope you're aware that it takes 2-4 weeks to receive your order. They are very reliable - but it is slooow.

So you have it? How is it? Did you ever try the Nyko's one as well? Thanks!

Top Bottom