• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many games do you guys play at once?

I used to only be able to really play one game at a time, but now since my time is so scattered and with family duties (being a dad and husband) I find that when I do game, I split time between games. Like when the wife and kid are on the TV, I jump on the PC and will usually play World of Warcraft or The Old Republic. If the TV is free I'll work on a single player game. I just recently finished Assassins Creed Revelations because of this. When I take my son to soccer practice I take my DS or PSP. Lately I've been trying to finish Final Fantasy IV on DS.

I never used to be able to play multiple games at once but I like to get in my gaming when I can, so being able to play multiple games at once has become necessary.

What about everybody else? Can you juggle multiple games at once or do you have to stick with one until you finish it?

Did you mean to post this in Community? You can ask a mod to move it to Gaming.

And personally, I can't play more than 2-3 games at most, at a time. Even then, I'm already verging on overload trying to manage dividing my time between them, and I'll often end up dropping one or more so I can focus on a single thung.

I've had a pretty decent-sized backlog because of this. When younger, it wasn't a problem as I'd get at most maybe 6 games a year. Now, especially with Steam thrown in, I'll average maybe one a month, or at least be playing an MMO as well. It can become a pretty big problem managing time if the games are substantial, especially if also juggling an MMO which offers limitless playtime (and it's impossible to play more than one MMO at a time.)

Used to juggle anywhere from 3-5 games. Now I do one a time. For the amount I play anymore, it's nice going from start to finish.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I play one game at a time.

Playing BF3 right now but i did stop playing BF3 a few weeks ago to complete ME3 then went back to BF3.

I'm a gamer. I buy games to play not to make my gaming collection look better (I'm a gamer not a collector like i said)

Jokab

1 single player game and 1-2 multiplayer games usually. However if I get tired of any of the games I have no problem moving on to a new title, but then it'll probably be a while until I come back to the first one.

bs000

I liek to play one game with a story and some other games on the side like a racing game or some multiplayer stuff.

One game. Since I started doing this, I have finished 12 games in a row and have 0 backlog. I really think if a lot of GAF'ers stuck to this rule, they wouldn't get these incredibly large backlogs.

BadWolf

I used to play one single player strictly at a time but I've decided to try out something new by playing a few at a time and I'm liking the variation and getting to play a lot of goodness at once instead sometimes just hoping the game finishes so I can start another.

Currently playing:
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mass Effect 2
King of Fighters XIII

Mitsurux

I jump around with about 2-4 games.... right now i've been playing:

Mass effect 3 (2nd run)
Infinate Undiscovery (Had the game for ages, just began playing it)
Virtua Tennis 4

Animal Crossing Wild world

Entropia

No One Remembers
1-2 games at a time. But man, ever since I got into WoW I have a hard time balancing it and any other game.

Valygar

Usually 2-5

I play like 2 different multiplayer games (now Dota 2 and Killing Floor), and in singleplayer I usually have one for quick, short games, and another one at least for serious gaming time.

From what I'm reading, maybe I should reduce the amount, I don't have much time right now :(

I usually focus on one core game at a time and then there's several that I play randomly over time. The current focus is..wait for it..Dragon Age 2 which I got for cheap (of course) and its one hell of a cave cleaning simulator. I just got done with Mass Effect 3, which was the previous focus.

The randoms are generally smaller games that have good replayability like Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft and the like, but I'll also play Oblivion, Skyrim, Torchlight and Borderlands on autopilot because they have that certain something that allows for that.

Eons ago when I played WoW it basically dominated everything. I didn't touch anything but WoW while playing WoW. Looking back, it was kind of creepy. I've reconciled all my thoughts on that game but there's still some lingering resentment.

SxP

I usually have two lenghty SP games and 1 or 2 MP games I'm playing at the same time. And then I might play some shorter downloadables if I have time to kill.

I jump around a few at a time. I generally have 1 or 2 multiplayer games that I switch between and a few single player games to switch between if I get stuck in one of them. Order in my gaming is not a necessity; I just play whatever I feel like/can get achievements in.

Top Bottom