• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many SOCOM II patches are there?

ManaByte

Gold Member
So I just picked up SOCOM II at Fry's for $15 and get home and try to go online with it. So far it's downloaded three patches and is asking to download another. How many times does it need to do this before you can actually play the game online?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You probably don't have enough memory card space or something...cause you only need to download it once (and there's only 1 patch available at any time). Socom 2 takes 3,000 kb. If you don't have enough space, it'll keep downloading the patch and act like you successfully downloaded, when in reality you only downloaded the patch partially

ManaByte

Gold Member
Wario64 said:
You probably don't have enough memory card space or something...cause you only need to download it once (and there's only 1 patch available at any time). Socom 2 takes 3,000 kb. If you don't have enough space, it'll keep downloading the patch and act like you successfully downloaded, when in reality you only downloaded the patch partially

I have 7,000 kb free on the card. Hm...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Eh, I don't know about that then. The download is suppose to be a one time thing until the next patch comes out. Try deleting your Socom 2 save and redownload

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Be sure your memory card is always inserted into the PS2 when booting up SOCOM II or else the PS2 thinks you haven't downloaded the latest patch when searching at startup. More people buying and playing SOCOM II online? We might have to go back to playing the GAF SOCOM II clan then...

ManaByte

Gold Member
More people buying and playing SOCOM II online?

It's a GH now and Fry's has some GH on sale for $15 this weekend (Socom II, Jak 2, RC2, etc) so I managed to get a copy of Socom II in the regular non-GH packaging for $15.

Nos_G

Is the GAF clan still around? Am I still in the rosters?

:p

I'm going to start playing again... I have the need to snipe for some reason. I shall return and deal silent death!!

:D

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Nos_G said:
Is the GAF clan still around? Am I still in the rosters?

:p

I'm going to start playing again... I have the need to snipe for some reason. I shall return and deal silent death!!

:D

Your're still in. The roster stands:

Bloodwilltell
Wario64
AceofVSSE
Tenchir
Drey1087
Nos_G
LagunaX
Gunstar77
Jagernaut
Ploid2.0
Chanceshot
hgplayer1
teepo
Echoes_of_Pink
3..2..1..Die
Cmd.Sorlack

Although, I forget if I added Jagernaut or Kaching in.

Top Bottom