• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much money Microsoft lost with Xbox?

MrparisSM

Banned
Over two billion has been lost. But there losses have been steadily dropping. And as they continue to sell more and more games it willd drop even further... This has been beat into the ground countless times, did we really need another thread about it?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
$10, or so i hear. Apparently Bill Gates was overseeing some production and a $10 bill was hanging out of his pocket and it fell down into one of the open Xbox cases on one of the conveyor belts. So there's a $10 bill in one of the Xboxes currently out there.

M3wThr33

Banned
That's not even remotely possible, given that the factories aren't in Redmond. They're in Mexico.

Well, it's possible, but it's not like he walks by the factory every day.

jarrod

Banned
MrparisSM said:
Over two billion has been lost. But there losses have been steadily dropping. And as they continue to sell more and more games it willd drop even further... This has been beat into the ground countless times, did we really need another thread about it?
Actually, have losses been declining? I'm not sure of that, I thought Live investment plus continued hardware losses were keeping things pretty bleak (hence the rush to get the more econimical Xenon to market)?

It's a little hard to gauge really, given that Home & Entertianment also contain the highly profitable PC games and Mac Office divisions (and the now defunct WebTV division, which would've added to earlier losses).

DopeyFish said:
$10, or so i hear. Apparently Bill Gates was overseeing some production and a $10 bill was hanging out of his pocket and it fell down into one of the open Xbox cases on one of the conveyor belts. So there's a $10 bill in one of the Xboxes currently out there.

Obviously a bald faced lie!!!

Bill Gates hasn't seen a $10 bill in 40 years. The man wipes his shite w/ $1,000 bills. :D

bobafett

M3wThr33 said:
That's not even remotely possible, given that the factories aren't in Redmond. They're in Mexico.

The Mexico factory was closed in 2002. There is only one factory in China.

jarrod said:
Actually, have losses been declining? I'm not sure of that, I thought Live investment plus continued hardware losses were keeping things pretty bleak (hence the rush to get the more econimical Xenon to market)?

It's a little hard to gauge really, given that Home & Entertianment also contain the highly profitable PC games and Mac Office divisions (and the now defunct WebTV division, which would've added to earlier losses).

They had their first decline in losses this past fiscal quarter, which was just announced yesterday.

They have lost over $5 billion all told. But to them, it's literally peanuts.

P90

signet said:
Next time you have a sit down with Bill Gates you might want to bring up your concerns.

My mutual fund guys do that. And they have MORE money than MS does. :p

Top Bottom