• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How will Xbox Live Handle the Halo 2 Madness?

Flynn

Any predictions?

How many simultaneous Halo 2 Players?
How many new sign ups?
Will the network hold?

Anybody know what kind of preparations they're making or if they even project an onslaught of new subscribers?

it doesn't matter how it handles it...
i i holds up, expect a press release on how many billions are playing it on live...
if it crashes and burns, expect MS to be jumping for joy while fixing it and a press release on how halo 2 is so overwhelmingly popular, xbox live capacity had to be expanded to meet the demand...

I think Live will hold up quite fine. As for new sign-ups, I think it will be the mega-killer app that Live's been waiting for and will probably be directly responsible for at least a quarter of what the game sells in North America this year alone in new subs. Regardless of how it goes, it'll be exciting and MS will certainly try to capitalize on its hotness.

Personally, if MS really wants to push the numbers on Live higher and expose the service to many potential players, they'll include a 1-2 month free Live sub with the game...announce a Halo 2 XBOX console bundle w/ Live starter kit...and release a Halo 2/Live starter kit bundle.

GhaleonEB

MightyHedgehog said:
I think Live will hold up quite fine. As for new sign-ups, I think it will be the mega-killer app that Live's been waiting for and will probably be directly responsible for at least a quarter of what the game sells in North America this year alone in new subs. Regardless of how it goes, it'll be exciting and MS will certainly try to capitalize on its hotness.

Personally, if MS really wants to push the numbers on Live higher and expose the service to many potential players, they'll include a 1-2 month free Live sub with the game...announce a Halo 2 XBOX console bundle w/ Live starter kit...and release a Halo 2/Live starter kit bundle.

I think they'd do better to include a demo of Halo 2 with Live, to keep the price down.

I for one will be buying Halo 2 and a Live subscription at 12:01am on Nov. 9th.

Top Bottom