• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HSG:OB Convict Island Comeback Cup Thread.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mg5_hd01_update_oceania.gif

-DOWNLOAD THE COURSE AND GO ONLINE BEFORE THE START TIME, you will have to spend at least 10 or so minutes downloading.
-Get to the lobby (last floor last lobby) at 10:50 AM EDT.
-Room Leaders create rooms using Settings below at around 11 AM. Rooms are organized by SKILL LEVEL, so you will be representing your team against the other two teams trying to get points.
-Join the room of your designated Room Leader, rooms take a few seconds to load.
-First place gets 3 points, second 2, third 1. Tie both get full points (e.g., both get 3 for first).
-WINNER WRITES DOWN SCORES AT END OF ROUND.
-Team with the most points gets all praise.
-Randomly selected eligible person gets copy of MNGP2.

Details here, to be posted when finalized later tonight:

Settings
Group Leader CREATE A STROKE MODE GAME (game where you watch each other take shots, you can type and taunt as well during shots).
Course: Oceania 9H IN Regular Tee
Speed: Super Slow or whatever it's called.
Auto Handicap: Off.
Restricted Entry: Owner Permission (meaning group leader has to OK your entry into room, to keep riffraff out).
Hot Shots Rules: Novice & Intermediate Characters Only (meaning you can only pick among the first and second rows of characters).

Teams

Team Tiger
AstroLad (80)
BlindMonkey (75)
domokunrox (35)

Team Shooter
Steve Youngblood/ScoopJW (80)
haha

Team Dorf
Steroyd (95)
Redd/P_Wright (65)
Median (20)

Rooms
Palmer Room
AstroLad (80) (Room Leader)
Steve Youngblood/ScoopJW (80)
Steroyd (95)

Mickelson Room
BlindMonkey (75) (Room Leader)
Redd/P_Wright (65)

Barkley Room
domokunrox (35)
Median (20)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
OP updated with all rules and settings. Hopefully not too complicated, basically pairing people up w/ people of same skill level so it should be fun.

Median

Forgot to mention, my PSN ID is Median23. It's not radically different, but I figured I'd let you guys know just in case.

EDIT: Had the wrong PSN ID in, I'd confused it with my XBL Gamertag. It's fixed now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol I know it's hardcore. I had to work late so I'll actually have to set my alarm. don't be late or miss out foos!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
domokunrox said:
I'm having a hard time finding the correct area I need to go in though the lobby.

When you get to the lobby screens scroll down all the way to the bottom floor. Then when you get to the next screen scroll down to the bottom again and select that (should be about six people in the room.

Chris R

I was up, but apparently at around 5am the construction down the road severed the local cable line or something. Nobody knew about it until 6:30, and it just got fixed about 10 mins ago. The construction outside my house right now is insane :(

Strawman

Ah bugger, saw this thread too late to sign up and didnt think it would be worth just turning up in the hopes of dropouts!

Been getting back into EG recently so Im up for tourneys again!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Strawman said:
Ah bugger, saw this thread too late to sign up and didnt think it would be worth just turning up in the hopes of dropouts!

Been getting back into EG recently so Im up for tourneys again!

Maybe next week? I know any effort to get a tourney together this weekend would be buried under E3 talk within literally 15 minutes. :lol

Steroyd

AstroLad said:
Maybe next week? I know any effort to get a tourney together this weekend would be buried under E3 talk within literally 15 minutes. :lol

Doesn't hurt to test the waters, afterall Warhawk and MGS are still ripe with interest despite being "this" week.

Top Bottom