• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana | Review Thread

Gameplay is good and hold up well, but the game design lacks basic understanding of key elements of enemy placement, challenge, pacing etc. There's just random groups of enemies throw haphazardly everyone around the field. The game is less action RPG and more of a passive beat them um with RPG elements, which is fine to just shift through if you've got nothing else pressing, but doesn't engage you like a well-designed game would where you follow a cycle of solve a challenge get stuck solve a challenge etc. There's been none of that so far.
You have put some of my thoughts into words, friend. I stopped several other games to play this when it released, but now I am considering selling my copy after reaching only "chapter 2". I have almost no desire to play in comparison to the other JRPGs I have going as well as what is coming later this year.

Top Bottom