• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hum - You'd prefer an astronaut

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Honestly for those that know this CD does it get any better? I'd rather listen to this CD than anything except for Storyhill (folk music, nothing like Hum).

****edit****
I see I'll need contoversy... well I honestly would take this CD over anything Radiohead and I have all of Radioheads CD's, same with White stripes. There is absolutely nothing about this CD that I dislike, it is my favorite CD.

It does get better, however that album is probably better than 99% of everything out there. A true classic (that hardly anyone knows about).

Jak140

Downward is Heavenward > So You'd Prefer an Astronout IMO.

The Scientists is one of my all time favorite songs.

AntoneM

Downward is Heavenward rocks it's great CD, but YPaA has a nostalgia slant for me. I got it months after it released and it released a long time ago.

max_cool said:
I see I'll need contoversy... well I honestly would take this CD over anything Radiohead

YOU S.O.B. THIS IS TOO CONTROVERSIAL. IT MAKES ME WANT TO KILL YOU.

Ok, anyway, "Stars" may very well be one of the greatest songs ever written. I honestly haven't heard anything off of Downward Is Heavenward yet.

element

Hum is one of my favorite bands of all time. I was able to see them live once, which rocked.

I personally say You'd Prefer an Astronaut is their best work, then Downward is Heavenward, then Electra 2000, then Fillet Show (which is awful).

But this debate is like picking your favorite pet or child. I put You'd Prefer an Astronaut, because I listened to that CD for MONTHS. Songs like I hate you too, Why I like The Robins, Stars and I'd Like Your Hair Long, all classics, and Songs Of Farwell And Departure is a work of art.

I remember people calling Weezer 'dork rock' and I'd be like, listen to Hum and you will really see what 'dork rock' is. I mean their lyrics are out of a science book or something. Totally wicked.

Matt Talbot's new band Centaur is alright, but nothing close to Hum.

element

Pattergen said:
Good band. Saw them live once. Pretty good show. I've always liked Astronaut and Elektra more than Downward.
I like many of the songs on Elektra 2000, Dreamboat is wicked, but Downward is Heavenward has some really good ones.

really depends on mood i guess. angry/pissed = Elektra 2000. mellow = YPAA or Downward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom