• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyundai Accents?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
How are they for reliability and gas? I'm going to be checking out some of them this weekend. They're priced REALLY cheap compared to other cars in their class. I can find a 1999 for under $5000 Canadian, which just...rocks. The people I've talked to said they're good cars but I'm trying to get a broad opinion here. I might have to give up on the thought of getting a Civic since they're just pretty damned expensive.

So...Accent. Yay or nay? And why?

B'z-chan

Banned
My mom owns a Santa Fe made by them and a few people i know have Accents. They are a really good value and get pretty good milage. Just dont expect it to be your trip car. The engines they got feel really underpowered for some reason. But its a value if your just looking for a mid range car.

I dont know but for that price it might be worth it.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
You might as well as buy a new Kia because a Hyundai won't last much longer and Kias are buy one get one free.

AlphaSnake said:

no the older eclipses. They have Hyundai engines. hyundai has actually become fairly reliable. Your not gonna get a beast under the hood, but they are pretty affordable and effiecient

Alucard

Banned
Speed, power, etc. are all secondary. Reliability is what's most important to me. I DON'T want to be in the shop every few months like I was with my last car.

Dilbert

My sister had an Accent, and it was a COMPLETE lemon. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Trust me -- total cost of ownership is important. If you buy a cheaper car now, but it costs you FAR more to maintain because it breaks down all the time...you're not saving money.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Alucard said:
Speed, power, etc. are all secondary. Reliability is what's most important to me. I DON'T want to be in the shop every few months like I was with my last car.
Then why don't you get something like a Honda? Korean cars are shit.

Alucard

Banned
demon said:
Then why don't you get something like a Honda? Korean cars are shit.

It's really hard to find a decent Civic for under $5000 Canadian. I've been trying and those cars are freaking expensive. I'm going to look at some Toyotas this weekend too.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Alucard said:
It's really hard to find a decent Civic for under $5000 Canadian. I've been trying and those cars are freaking expensive. I'm going to look at some Toyotas this weekend too.
Look harder! And yeah, look at Toyotas too. Of course money is a factor, but as has already been said, you're going to be spending a lot more on the car after you purchase it.

Alucard

Banned
I really really freaking hate cars. :-\ They are the bane of my existence because as soon as I think I'm saving money, BAM, something goes wrong with the freaking car and I'm scrambling to make ends meet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom