• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a 'Skull' in Halo 2 (Bungie Hidden Easter Egg?)

Renegade

Banned
On the later level High Charity, I found this thing called an Iron next to the very end of the level near the gravity wells. I can't explain exactly where I found it but it made my HUD completely disappear and it was a bashing weapon not unlike the Plasma Sword when you run out of Plasma. I searched everywhere looking for an explanation and on the Halo 2 forums I found the Skull on the first level, near the beginning scene where you're doing your initiation.

Does anyone have any further info on these things? Perhaps a kick-ass special thing Bungie whooped up for us?

Gribbix

Not quite sure what it's for. Another one of those skulls can also be found on the first Earth level right after the Pelican crashes.

Dude, I'm going to have to politely ask you to change your avatar. I seriously don't think I can not ban you if I keep seeing it.

Renegade

Banned
Mike Works said:
Dude, I'm going to have to politely ask you to change your avatar. I seriously don't think I can not ban you if I keep seeing it.
Don't let Omarosa Win.

Gribbix said:
Not quite sure what it's for. Another one of those skulls can also be found on the first Earth level right after the Pelican crashes.
People have also found one in the first level outside where you're fighting the bugs and elites in the space suits.

Bungie seemed to have put a lot of spaced out things in Halo 2, intentionally or unintentionally. People have found level shortcuts, hijacked a prophet chair (Supposedly) and found a few unused maps on the Halo 2 DVD. I wonder what's going on.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there's one on a roof at the beginning of the first earth level as well. there are specific directions somewhere in that official thread. and yeah, it's the same as the multiplayer oddball. it flashes the message "blind" and makes your HUD go away until you turn off your xbox, but i don't know if it does anything beyond that.

Can you die while holding these skulls? I suspected that maybe its like a "god-mode" cheat when you equip it. Any truth to that idea?

Sullichin

some Halo2 Poster said:
PEOPLE. I FINALY REALIZED WHAT THIS MEANS. ONE SKULL, A SCOPE, AND 3 FRAGGRANADES. THIS IS AN EASTEREGG, AND I'M THE FIRST ONE TO GET CREDIT ON IT, BUT I WILL INCLUDE THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS THREAD AS MY PROVIDER.
You remember when you go through the door insted of hopping on the light? See the magnum? You getting it yet? I belive that the Scope represents the Pistol's former scope in Halo 1, the three frag granades show that it was taken off (fragged) and the skull represents IT'S DEATH! DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? WE HAVE JUST FOUND THE FIRST EASTER EGG IN HALO2 TO EVER BE DESCOVERED. I'm going to try the following RIGHT AFTER THIS POST: I'll grab the pistol, see where i'm going?, and i'll head towards the scope and WALAH! Scoped Pistol, wana know why your blind? BUNGIE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE THE GUN! I belive I have just tooken a big step into Halo2's Eastereggs, and I invite anyone else to come with me.
-fall3n has SPOKEN

:lol

LakeEarth

"He ripped out the man's skull and beat him to death with his own skull!"
"That... doesn't seem possible!"
"That's what he was saying!"

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
mtwo6.jpg

A skull was a weapon/item in the old Marathon games, made by Bungie several years ago. Hmmmm...

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im not sure if theres actually an easter egg to these things or if its just a developer tool to take the hudless screens they like so much. I hope its some kind of easter egg.

Deku Tree

Ghost said:
its just jump & crouch like the first jump, took me a couple of tries too.

Got it thanks. I didn't read the part where it said you had to crouch. But I got the first jump without the crouch.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Deku Tree said:
Got it thanks. I didn't read the part where it said you had to crouch. But I got the first jump without the crouch.

Heh, I got so pissed off at not being able to make and figure out the jump that I just chunked a grenade below me, and sure enough, it propelled me to the roof. :lol

GhaleonEB

Apparantly, there is a skull on every level and many of them do different things.

http://highimpacthalo.org/v-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=1255

Each skull activates a new mode. So far: Blind Mode, Assasins Mode, PWNED Mode, Iron Mode, Envy Mode, etc.

My favoite is the one that changes how enemies die. After picking up the skull, every enemy you kill dies as if they were hit by a rocket - shoot a guy in the head with the Battle Rifle and he'll fly 100 feet through the air.

Most seem to appear on Legendary only.

Top Bottom