• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found someone else's Credit Cards in my mailbox today o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found 2 CC inbetween some other bills and stuff. I tried looking for the person in the phone book but to no avail. What should I do?

shoplifter

Hawksley said:
Should be a service number on both cards. Call it and report them as "lost and found."

Thank you. We've had a serious problem with the USPS misdelivering our mail and our neighbors to us. We've missed BANK STATEMENTS, utility bills, CC statements and god knows what else, and have actually gotten none of them.

Who knows what in the hell the people who actually got them did.

xsarien

daedsiluap
They're most likely not active, and the failsafes in place should prevent you from activating them (you need to call a number, and they run the Caller ID information against the information provided by the applicant, so you wouldn't be able to do anything.)

If the person lives nearby, just drop it off. Otherwise return it to the post office.

Alucard

Banned
I wouldn't be able to use them. Too much of a guilty conscience. Anyways, they're probably not even activated yet.

border

Yeah, nowadays you have to activate them by calling from the recipient's phone line. Back in the day, you could call from anywhere and my friends used to get all manner of "free" stuff by swiping people's mail and activating "pre-approved" cards.

If you wanted to be super-ballsy, you could walk over to a neighbor's, claim that you are locked out and need to use the phone to call a locksmith, then call the activation number from their house.....but that's far too risky ;)

If you don't feel like committing some serious fraud, my advice would just be to cut up the cards and throw them away.

HAOHMARU

Be a good citizen and call the CC company and tell them you have credit cards for "said" person.

If you try to use them you will only get in trouble with the law. I'm talking "federal pound me in the ass prison."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom