• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got shot down

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroGod

I was totally about to hit on this one girl, but I got shot down because I was wearing white socks with dress shoes and pants. LOL

Me: "hey I think you're hot. Wanna go out sometime"

Her: "Hey, I think your white socks go with those brown dress shoes....NOT"

Me: *looks down* *cries*

Her: *walks off with guy that has biceps the size of a 500 pound mans's thighs*

So my day is going great so far. How is yours.

PS: This is a true story.

aoi tsuki

1. You're better off without someone like that who, face it, was gonna walk off with the muscle guy anyways.

2. White socks and brown dress shoes?!

DCX

DCX
AeroGod said:
I was totally about to hit on this one girl, but I got shot down because I was wearing white socks with dress shoes and pants. LOL

OWNED +2

You never start out with hey I think you're hot...live and learn...

DCX

AeroGod

aoi tsuki said:
1. You're better off without someone like that who, face it, was gonna walk off with the muscle guy anyways.

That last part might have been fabricated by myself for dramatic effect.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Dude, I'm the biggest slacker on the planet and even I know what socks go with which shoes. Jesus.

(And, for the record, I agree: She would've gone off with Big McLargehuge regardless of what you said.)

AeroGod

DCX said:
OWNED +2

You never start out with hey I think you're hot...live and learn...

DCX

Its worked for me in the past. This is the first time it failed. If i didnt have the socks im pretty sure the cat would have been in the bag...or sack. Whatever.

evil ways

AeroGod said:
I have bad dressing skills.

No shit, dress shoes and white socks? You might've as well broken into a musical number...

GreaseGallery1.jpg

Greased lightning GO!! greased lightning!!

I woke up at 11, ate some really small snacks, threw some clothes in preparation for my noon class, and at 1130, just as I was about to leave, I noticed my class schedule:

NO CLASS AT NOON. I GOT IT CONFUSED FOR TUESDAY.

CHRIST.

so, here i am, in a half awake, zombie like mode...

edit - this was literally 2-3 minutes ago i noticed the schedule. i'm pissed. i could still be dreaming about sex on the beach.

DCX

DCX
AeroGod said:
Its worked for me in the past. This is the first time it failed. If i didnt have the socks im pretty sure the cat would have been in the bag...or sack. Whatever.
Do you actually live in 90210? That line never works out here in NY...althouhg hey iwhat can i get for $20 seems to do the trick :lol

DCX

AeroGod

evil ways said:
No shit, dress shoes and white socks? You might've as well broken into a musical number...![/I]

Im wearing a shirt.

zeldas.jpg

Actual image of the shirt, or what it looks like, not my picture

AeroGod said:

Sounds like an episode of Beverly Hills 90210. You need to come up with better stories then that. :\

AeroGod

DCX said:
Do you actually live in 90210? That line never works out here in NY...althouhg hey iwhat can i get for $20 seems to do the trick :lol

DCX

NO way. I live in Ohio. In Cleveland at least, that line can get you a walk around the bases on a good day.

evil ways

AeroGod said:
Im wearing a shirt.

zeldas.jpg

Well that explains a lot, the socks might've been your downfall, but that shirt sure didn't help at all.

AeroGod

clipunderground said:
Sounds like an episode of Beverly Hills 90210. You need to come up with better stories then that. :\

Shitting you not, with the exception of the muscle guy. 100% true. I might be a compulsive liar, but im an honest guy. I wouldnt lie to you.

DCX knows what he's talking about. The trick is to say your name after every thought. "Hey, you're hot. Wanna go out sometime - AeroGod." And yes, use your GA handle. She'll love you more.

AeroGod said:
Im wearing a shirt.

zeldas.jpg

you were wearing this shirt whilst you were about to hit on a girl...hahaha, dude., also, never start with that opening line.

DCX

DCX
Manabanana said:
DCX knows what he's talking about. The trick is to say your name after every thought. "Hey, you're hot. Wanna go out sometime - AeroGod." And yes, use your GA handle. She'll love you more.
Damn right- DCX, they love my screen name- DCX...but I try to keep it out of the bedroom...creeps them out...

;)

DCX

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I would be a bit repulsive to go out with a guy wearing that kind of shirts too. Stop calling her a ho or something just because she wants to go out with somebody normal :p

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
AeroGod said:
Im wearing a shirt.

zeldas.jpg

You were wearing that shirt? Believe me, she was laughing inside.

darscot

Actually you got shot down for not having the wit to keep up. Chicks that thow opening volleys like this are testing your brains not your dress code. I would have fired back with something along the lines of. "If I had a good women to keep me dressed, I wouldn't be here hitting on you." Depending on how she reacts to that you can go further and ask if she has the skills to mold a good man. Off course this is 90% BS but women can't help but want to improve men. It's the whole mothering instinct.

Plus this is a great opening to try and hook up a date with the girl cause your wardrobe clealry needs work. Shopping with women for women stuff is a nightmare. But having women spend an afternoon dressing you so you look just the way she wants kills two birds with one stone. First back to the whole Mother instinct and second by the end of the afternoon shopping your looking good and ready to close the deal.

I have to admit, I love the shirt, but it would be something I would wear at home, not when I'm trying to hit on a hot girl.

demon

Alucard said:
That shirt rocks though! You mean girls don't get 8-bit era coolness?
This one hot girl I know has a boyfriend, and the one time I met him, while I was dressed all hella nice, he was wearing a red t-shirt with the NES logo.

... :(

AeroGod

demon said:
This one hot girl I know has a boyfriend, and the one time I met him, while I was dressed all hella nice, he was wearing a red t-shirt with the NES logo.

... :(

He probably had big biceps like monster truck tires.

demon

AeroGod said:
He probably had big biceps like monster truck tires.
No. He was maybe an inch and a half taller than me, and seemed a bit bulkier but it was mostly fat (not that he was fat, but a bit chubby). I definitely look better than him. And am in better shape. And he's a pot head.

Girls. :|

AeroGod

demon said:
No. He was maybe an inch and a half taller than me, and seemed a bit bulkier but it was mostly fat (not that he was fat, but a bit chubby). I definitely look better than him. And am in better shape. And he's a pot head.

Girls. :|

Totally man. I always see the hottest girls with butt ugly guys with warts and ugly shit coming out of their face and puss spewing, unclean, dirty ass rotten dumb ass meat heads. I hate the human existance.

I wish humans were like dogs or something. See, dogs dont care. They just see another dog and they screw it no questions asked. No questions or cares. Dogs are awesome.

Alucard

Banned
I have a Super Mario t-shirt that I always get complimented on when I'm at stores and stuff. It's mostly guys that say "awesome shirt" though. Hmmm...

AeroGod

Manabanana said:
For comparison's sake...

PurexGolds.gif

He has Dragon Ball Z eyes! YOU LOSE!

No see, because this was a gaming environment. And even though the chick was dressed like a hooker from the 80's, she was a gamer and probably liked my shirt. Gold's gym must have just been the flavor of the month, i dont know. Im confused.

Dressing cool and normal isn't hard.

Step 1 - Throw out all fanboy articles of clothing.

Step 2 - Match shit. Dark shoes - dark socks.

Step 3 - Never match a complete color over your entire body. Example: Blue Jeans & Blue shirt.

Step 4 - Buy regular clothes. Basics work well. 2 Pairs of jeans. White and black t-shirts. Throw some flat colors in there too.

Step 5 - Never wear anything with a massive clothing manufacturer label on it. It ends up labeling you.

Step 6 - Being trendy isn't all bad. Girls LIKE American Eagle / A&F and shit like that because they think it is cute and they see their boy idols wearing it.

Step 7 - Get a good watch. Preferably something silver and analogue.

Step 8 - Sunglasses in you can and make sure you have someone you can trust to tell you if you look good in them. Never wear them indoors though.

Step 9 - Buy good shoes that don't date you and look comfortable. Girls ALWAYS look at shoes.

Step 10 - Pants where the crotch is at your knees are shit. Women want to see if you have an ass but don't want to see both cheeks of it perfectly so buy appropriate pants.

AeroGod

Warm Machine said:

Step 3 - Never match a complete color over your entire body. Example: Blue Jeans & Blue shirt.

Step 4 - Buy regular clothes. Basics work well. 2 Pairs of jeans. White and black t-shirts. Throw some flat colors in there too.

Step 5 - Never wear anything with a massive clothing manufacturer label on it. It ends up labeling you.

Step 6 - Being trendy isn't all bad. Girls LIKE American Eagle / A&F and shit like that because they think it is cute and they see their boy idols wearing it.

Step 8 - Sunglasses in you can and make sure you have someone you can trust to tell you if you look good in them. Never wear them indoors though.

Step 9 - Buy good shoes that don't date you and look comfortable. Girls ALWAYS look at shoes.

Step 10 - Pants where the crotch is at your knees are shit. Women want to see if you have an ass but don't want to see both cheeks of it perfectly so buy appropriate pants.

Yeah see, I dont follow any of those. Im trying to set a new trend and open my own fashion label. Trust me, white socks and dark shoes will be the THING in the next few years.

darscot

Warm Machine said:

Only follow these rules if your like Tire-Biters. Dress the way you feel confident. Women are far more suseptable to the way your project yourself then the way you look. You can look like a dork roll up with confidence and close the deal. You can look like a star roll up like a dork your done for.

AeroGod

Jonny said:
So you can't wear black sneakers with white socks either? what if the laces are white! (I customized my adidas)

Custom shoes rock. I have theses grey Vans with neon orange laces that glow in teh dark. I only bust those out when im going out on the town though, if anyone steps on them on the dance floor it ruins my night and I have to cut them up till they start eating their meals through a straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom