• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got shot down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dress how I want. I also make it a habit to ask girls out after I get to know them a little bit. Its a nice way to screen on your terms and avoid stupid shallow encounters. That way they at least have a general idea about who/what you are, and so do you of them. Sure, that makes me seem picky, but it works out pretty well.

AeroGod

MrAngryFace said:
I dress how I want. I also make it a habit to ask girls out after I get to know them a little bit. Its a nice way to screen on your terms and avoid stupid shallow encounters. That way they at least have a general idea about who/what you are, and so do you of them. Sure, that makes me seem picky, but it works out pretty well.

MAF comes in with advice?

DCX

DCX
MrAngryFace said:
Exactly...that's how it should be done, pick up lines is like the lotto..you might hit with one but most of the time it's nothing...get to know her, if she isn't interested in knowing you then that's a sign that she ins't into you...unless you're Brad Pitt and you can fart and get laid.

DCX

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I dress the way I want too. And the way I want is damn sexy. I never overdo it, try too hard, or look like I'm trying hard. I know there are all these bullshit and seemingly arbitrary "fashion rules" all over the place, but I for the most part ignore them or don't even know what they are, and just go with what I feel looks really good. And I've been told (by girls) that I have a good sense of style. I normally don't wear "fanboy shirts" or whatever, but I do have a black Fruitfucker shirt that I'll proudly wear on a more lazy day.

I never wear clothes with brand name labels on them, though. In fact, here's my only one:

abercrombie.JPG

I've got another one, too. The irony of it? It's a Gap shirt.

Then again, do what you want. A Winnie the Pooh backpack can seal the deal in your teens but as soon as you hit 20 it no longer cuts it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
border said:
You approach a girl while wearing a Zelda shirt....and you think it is the socks that are the problem?

I bought condoms while wearing a Zelda shirt once :p

(No, I didn't buy "Shiek" brand before anybody asks :p)

NLB2

Banned
Nah, its not useless. We're giving you good advice. Here's mine.
Next time, ask the girl to a dirty movie.
bickle.jpg

Pimpwerx

I'm totally a white socks and dress shoes guy. Mostly b/c I hate wearing dress shoes or any dress clothes. I think they're stupid. I protested strongly this year when the new vice-principal made it mandatory to wear dress shirts to work. I at least got them to make ties optional. I feel like I'm in school again. We work so hard to get out of school and get our own lives, then we impose these stupid restrictions like dress codes. And then turn around and try telling the kids how image isn't important. Fucking contradictory mess. :x

But anger aside, white socks and dress shoes owns all. I have one set of Argyle-esque socks, but that doesn't last long in the laundry queue. Today I went with white socks with holes in the heels, and my Oxblood Lugz. Pimpin' Pimpin' :D PEACE.

I have plain black shoes. Not dress, but not tennis. Generally wear black socks tho. Contrast in clothing is important, but not at ankle level.

AeroGod said:
Im wearing a shirt.

zeldas.jpg

what happened to the talk of how girls like retro gaming shirts?

yeah but That's a geek shirt.

I was wearing my Namco Death by Degrees shirt and gettin a lot of looks from hot Asian chicks.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hmmm she didn't dig the Pure Gold shirt? Try this one instead:

Green_Zelda_t-shirt.jpg

I <3 this shirt. Who cares if I'm an uber geek by wearing it... Any chick I manage to land is going to have to find out that I'm an uber geek eventually anyway. :p

MrCheez

Exactly hxc_thugg! :D For more proof... I decided to take a few minutes to draw up an accurate and lifelike picture of myself just like AeroGod did. For anyone who does not believe in the power of geek-shirts, take a look at this:

geekshirtswilldothis.JPG

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
people here actually feel confident wearing a gaming shirt of any description?

MrCheez

Error Macro said:
This is what happens when I wear a video game shirt:
*actual results may vary.

I made this joke a few posts ago... but... yes! More proof! ;)

hXc_thugg

I guess the irony just goes over your head.

Anyone with a painting of Devendra Banhart for their avatar surely must believe themself to be a thugg!

MoxManiac

If I ever found myself wearing a gaming t shirt in public, I think I would have to march myself into the nearest restroom and give myself a swirlie. It seems like the right thing to do.

That's supposed to be irony? Wow, you got me. Maybe you should have chosen the name "Circle" and then had a square as your avatar. That would have made 'em roll.

AeroGod

This thread has instantly turned from me feeling bad about my dressing skills to me feeling bad about my drawing skills. Thanks guys, gotta love GAF.

I probably could have done better, but i was in a public computer area and was getting some wierd looks and comments. OKAY!

MrCheez

Error Macro said:
That's supposed to be irony? Wow, you got me. Maybe you should have chosen the name "Circle" and then had a square as your avatar. That would have made 'em roll.

I think you're taking hxc_thugg too seriously. =P

aero god said:
This thread has instantly turned from me feeling bad about my dressing skills to me feeling bad about my drawing skills. Thanks guys, gotta love GAF.

Your drawings gave this thread personality! ;)

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Error Macro said:

:lol :lol :lol

oh that awesome

DCX

DCX
Error Macro said:
OWNED

Error Macro

;)

I only wear videogame shirts that normal people wouldn't know it's from a videogame. Like I've got a pretty cool videogame shirt with some clock tower 3 artwork on it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing

I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him
Of the good times
Of the better times:

'Oh Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Danny Boy...'

I get knocked down
But I get up again

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink
Of the good times
Of the better times:

'Don't cry for me
Next door neighbour...'

I get knocked down
But I get up again

We'll be singing
When we're winning
We'll be singing

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
White socks w/ and dress clothing is a major 'no-no'. I'm glad you got shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom