• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a question about ALIEN/ALIENS (OMG SPOILERS FROM 1979! OMG!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Do we ever know that the spaceship on that planet belonged to the Giger aliens or some other E.T.'s? They insinuate that the E.T.'s were killed by the aliens in the first one when they said the pilot-looking thing had something bust through his chest. At the same time, the eggs are so nice and neatly laid that it's almost like they were transporting them. What the hell.

I'm sure there's some stupid geek novel or fan fic that clarifies all this. It's too bad they're trying to hijack the Aliens/Predator universe with AvP and run it into the ground with a dumb story instead of focusing on answers to questions like this!

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
I believe the ship was transporting them, but then was overrun by the aliens and crashed on the planet.

FYI - did you notice in the first Alien the ship is supposed to be a giant vagina (with the two big "legs" sticking out). They walk into the "vagina" in the middle deep into the womb, where they find the eggs. Geiger was really fucked up, huh.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Do we ever know that the spaceship on that planet belonged to the Giger aliens or some other E.T.'s? They insinuate that the E.T.'s were killed by the aliens in the first one when they said the pilot-looking thing had something bust through his chest. At the same time, the eggs are so nice and neatly laid that it's almost like they were transporting them. What the hell.<<<

Maybe the E.T.s had the same idea as The Company. I'm 99.9% sure the Aliens didn't build that ship, though.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
TAJ said:
Maybe the E.T.s had the same idea as The Company. I'm 99.9% sure the Aliens didn't build that ship, though.

They're not capable of building spaceships, or anything beyond a simple colony (they are simply large, vicious, ants), so they definitely didn't build it.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Nerevar said:
They're not capable of building spaceships, or anything beyond a simple colony (they are simply large, vicious, ants), so they definitely didn't build it.

I'm not so sure about that. They were rather intelligent. Who knows what they're capable of.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
WHO KNOWS WHAT THESE MONSTERS ARE CAPABLE OF!??!

You should write comic books, Will... ....

heh.

Willco

Hollywood Square
EviLore said:
WHO KNOWS WHAT THESE MONSTERS ARE CAPABLE OF!??!

You should write comic books, Will... ....

heh.

I can't write comic books. I wrote Alien: Resurrection and am barred from any further creative fiction. True story!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>They're not capable of building spaceships, or anything beyond a simple colony (they are simply large, vicious, ants), so they definitely didn't build it.<<<<

Actually, my primary reason for "knowing" that the Aliens didn't build it is that the pilot's seat was designed for another species. :p
And, these would actually be spoilers for my younger sister, who is still too chickenshit to watch Alien or Jaws at 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom