• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i just finished all the episodes of starcraft 2 again after many years , i miss old blizzard

samoilaaa

i just cant believe how much a company can change in a couple of years , back in the day you could tell that they actually tried to tell amazing stories even if starcraft was just a strategy game , not some story driven 3rd person game

now i think that for them the campaign is there just as a filler , you can see that in diablo 4 , they are still top tier when it comes to cutscenes but thats about it

i really miss the old blizzard and i know that its only a hopeless dream but i hope that they will manage to tell great stories like starcraft and warcraft series again

nkarafo

Starcraft 2 campaigns were disappointing to me. Just about every single mission had some kind of time limit and there wasn't any AI to speak of, only scripted events and attacks. There was no such thing as the enemy AI building bases somewhere on the map or rebuilding whenever you destroyed something. And there was never any time to build a nice base and test all the different units.

The original Starcraft has far superior campaigns.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
If I find myself drunk sitting at my computer I will always gravitate to Starcraft 2 TVB $$$ maps or AoE2 skirmishes. Timelessly fun games that are so well balanced.

Sadly Blizzard is dead and not coming back.

T4keD0wN

I just think every public company that reaches the top of the industry becomes creatively bankrupt once theyre there because it attracts too much attention from investors and then their products fall off a cliff creatively since devs have less control.

Happenes way too much, but not really fair to Diablo 4 tbh, it has way more and better story content than the old Diablo games, just everything around it is bad, trick is not engaging with the predatory GAAS shit.

Last edited:

amigastar

That reminds me i still have to finish Starcraft Legacy of the void campaign although i'm certainly not a huge RTS fan.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Oh yeah I was thinking about SC2 not long ago... sad how they never did another and probably couldn't now. Awesome game.

Last edited:

badblue

Gold Member
I was pretty excited the first time I sat down to play Starcraft 2 since I loved the first one and Brood War. Made it about halfway through the Terran campaign and haven't touched it since. I think I still have the StarCraft battle box and disks somewhere.

This is a joke post right?
Why would GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist make a joke about such a serious matter?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I'd say the story stuff in SC2 was really good. It just suffered a bit with the 2nd and 3rd entries being from the perspective of the weirdo alien races. But I liked the structure of the game. Felt like an old Wing Commander game in between missions.

Warcraft 3 was also a total banger, sad that the genre is pretty much dead.

Last edited:

BlackTron

The story was a complete joke compared to SC/BW which was a huge letdown, but just seeing beloved SC units and characters in 3D with cutscenes made it hype anyway. I still play some SC2 but just custom games I try not to think about the story.

Fbh

Gold Member
I need to replay it some day.
The gameplay was always fun but I was disappointed by the story.

To be honest what I remember the most about it is the awesome soundtrack

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
A lot of garbage takes in this thread. Amazing game, fantastic story and cinematics, it's one of the best games ever made and quite literally peak Blizzard. I should replay it.

Top Bottom