• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I know that the party is over, but...(REmake)

bogg

I just got REmake, you see never been a resident evil fan, actually I never really played a resident evil game, only re 2 on the pc untill i got pissed with the controls, and i got stuck in this puzzle after like 20 minutes so i stopped and uninstalled the game. But with the remakes beutifull graphics, and the mostly positive impressions, i decided its time I give the ol' resident evil another chance. And im actually having fun. the controls dont bother me, im using type c controls and its been smooth so far, and i dont have any trouble navegating through the pre renderd backgrounds and "akward"(sp?) camera angels. The only thing that bothers me is the damn save system. I just explored, got a few items, moved along, and then i got to a point where three fuckin zombies attacked me, it was hopeless, they killed, and all that prgress is now lost. damn. All things considerd, its a really nice game, and a must have for every cube owner. DAMN U ZOMBIES! oh and what does the red herb do? where the hell is that chest for items? played for like two hours and didnt see one.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Forget about Resident Evil 4. Biohazard 4 is coming out this year. ;) Import it...it's going to b in English like always.

Kudie

REmake was my first RE game I played, and man was it great. I just don't understand all the criticism concerning the "tank controls." In a game with prerendered graphics and fixed camera angles, having a fully 3-D control system would make the player constantly change direction because forward in one area might be right or left in another area. Can't wait for RE4, be it late-2004 or early-2005.

FightyF

Banned
I got days before it was released...played it for a few hours and never touched it again until recently.

I still can't stand the game. It's too slow for me...it's just not that exciting IMO. Plus I'm familiar with the game because I played the original long ago.

I'm dissappointed by the graphics as well...it should have had FSAA on it, so the 3D characters fit into the BGs better.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Heh, you'll lose progress in RE games a lot until you get good at them. I mean at first you'll mostly want to run around using up all your resources just to get a feel for the area and whats best for different spots before dying and going through again doing things correctly. Restarting from save so much may be kind of annoying, but if you didn't have to conserve resources and/or the enemies weren't so deadly it wouldn't be near as sacary or tense. After you play a few RE games (or just the same one a few times) you get a feel for how they are played and which enemies to kill or avoid and it's more enjoyable.

I still haven't got the Cube games or Outbreak :( I should pick them up before I get anything else, but first I have a few from the CC deal to finish.

bogg

Dice said:
Heh, you'll lose progress in RE games a lot until you get good at them. I mean at first you'll mostly want to run around using up all your resources just to get a feel for the area and whats best for different spots before dying and going through again doing things correctly. Restarting from save so much may be kind of annoying, but if you didn't have to conserve resources and/or the enemies weren't so deadly it wouldn't be near as sacary or tense. After you play a few RE games (or just the same one a few times) you get a feel for how they are played and which enemies to kill or avoid and it's more enjoyable.

I still haven't got the Cube games or Outbreak :( I should pick them up before I get anything else, but first I have a few from the CC deal to finish.
I know what your talking about, the game is owning me right now :( Why did I open the front mansion door why?!?! But what really bothers me are those puzzels. I suck at them :(

Top Bottom