• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love Lloyd Banks CD; ie How is G-Unit/50 cent cd's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard G-Unit's and 50 Cents singles, liked them..but never really got into them and bout the albums..

i just purchased lloyd banks album on itunes, i have no clue why..

and i loved it; the CD is amazing..

would i like g-unit then? or should i just wait for young bucks album?

whats the best 50 cent CD?

I WANT MORE!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Oh no...

If you think that's a good CD, you have a lot of catching up to do... Very mediocre album IMO.

Since you asked...

B000075BFT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

You may want to go buy Devin - To the Xtreme which comes out tomorrow.

TaleSynz

DaCocoBrova,

You know your rap.

Lloyd Banks cd is pretty weak. Im more then dissapointed with it. In fact, im pretty dissapointed with G-Unit as of late.
If you really loved this CD that much then I suggest you go visit some Hip Hop or Rap Boards and stop getting feed these untalented mainstream rappers. I can name a bunch of rappers not as popular as or don't have as much money G-Unit and sound ten times better.

And the best 50 album is "Power of a Dollar". You also might wann check out some of the tracks he features like "Project's 2 Hot" With Nas,Nature and 50 Cent. Thats like my favorite 50 track beside for Wanksta.

Lloyd Banks is boring as hell. I've been much more impressed with Lil Wayne, maybe Young Buck's album will be cool. I'm hoping he does rep for Nashville.

rc213

Lloyd's album was a slight disappointment to me aswell. Listening to the latest mixtape stuff it seems Young Buck's cd might be a surprise. U should pick up the Whoo Kid Mixtapes better stuff on there.

DJ Whoo Kid And Vin Diesel - The Chronicles Of Riddick (Escape From Butcher Bay)
DJ Whoo Kid And Young Buck - Welcome To The Hood
DJ Warrior And Tha Outlawz - Outlaw Warriorz Vol.1

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KID! lol

miyuru

50's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is awesome, as if you needed me to say that :p I didn't like G-Unit's disc so much though, but I like Lloyd's. There's too many rap elitists on this board... ^_^

i think i like the beats on lloyd banks CD better than the beats on 50's/g-units.. it sounds almost more "new yorkish" if that makes any sense..

i can see how people would be bored with it; but i think its a fucking tight ass album.. on fire, warriors pt1+2, playboy, i'm so fly.. all great songs..

i aint much into "underground" rap or going out of my way to find rap... i do listen to whatever hypnotize minds puts out; and mostly whatever cash money puts out; and then ill pick up some random other albums and some random wu-tang..

i think i have like 20+ hypnotize minds albums; which is pretty amazing considernig most of that probably just funnels right back into djpauls/juicy j's pockets...

when the hell is Three 6 mafia's Choices 2 soundtrack hitting?

ill get young buck's for sure now...

currently listening to the bootleg disc that came with bg's living legend, as I never really listened to it when I got the living legend album; even though I listened to the main disc tons.

EDIT:

I also love the new Lil Wayne CD... its really good and I dont think it will sell as good as it should.. GO DJ is suprisingly addictive..

miyuru said:
50's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is awesome, as if you needed me to say that :p I didn't like G-Unit's disc so much though, but I like Lloyd's. There's too many rap elitists on this board... ^_^

Nay, you mean people who appreciate lyricim and subject matter that differs from guns, pimps, hoes, cash money, rimz and being 'gangsta'. With of course the token 'This is how I made it out of the hood, BEEEYOTCH.

Now seriously Llyod Banks is average at best, I feel. His flow is boring, his lyricim is above average and punchlines okay. On Fire is good only because he switches his flow but the rest is some good beats with average verses and the rest is filler.

Luscious LeftFoot said:
Speaking of lyricism and subject matter, when does the Talib Kweli ~ Beautiful Struggle come out?

There's already a leaked unmastered version of it around, sometimes going by the name of The Beautiful Struggle Mixtape. It was pushed back because of the leak as well as the fact some samples did not make it through. Pity Paul McCartney decided to block the 'Lonely People' sample. I really don't know try Google.

see, i dont give a shit about a real "message".. i think thats really fucking lame and a cheap attempt at appearing "intelligent".. but whatever, its not my thing...

if i wanted to get a lecture on something and learn; i'd to pick up a book or go see a distinguished speaker.. not listen to a rap cd.

when i listen to rap, i want music that makes me bounce my head, or want to dance or just something i enjoy listening to while getting drunk.. i dont want to be like "damn kayne is so right, we are way too materialistic!!! hooray for lord kanye!" .. even though I do like his CD, i actually prefer the thuggish, evil nature of three 6 mafia's lyrics and albums...

i stumbled upon 50 cents album just this very instant, going through my desk, someone had burned it for me right when it came out at my frat; fuck ya baby.. never even listened to it AT ALL!.. so this is a pleasant suprise.

"There's already a leaked unmastered version of it around, sometimes going by the name of The Beautiful Struggle Mixtape...."

Yeah, I got that one the other day... I'd still want to support him when it's officially out though. Hopefully Sting doesn't block "Around my way" it's one of my favourites.

"when i listen to rap, i want music that makes me bounce my head, or want to dance or just something i enjoy listening to while getting drunk.. i dont want to be like "damn kayne is so right, we are way too materialistic!!! hooray for lord kanye!" .. even though I do like his CD, i actually prefer the thuggish, evil nature of three 6 mafia's lyrics and albums... ..."

There should be room for both, unfortunately most of the sales go to people like Cam'ron who's lyrics are the equivalent of verbal diarrhea.

Luscious LeftFoot said:
"when i listen to rap, i want music that makes me bounce my head, or want to dance or just something i enjoy listening to while getting drunk.. i dont want to be like "damn kayne is so right, we are way too materialistic!!! hooray for lord kanye!" .. even though I do like his CD, i actually prefer the thuggish, evil nature of three 6 mafia's lyrics and albums... ..."

There should be room for both, unfortunately most of the sales go to people like Cam'ron who's lyrics are the equivalent of verbal diarrhea.

yah i think there is room for both, just probably a smailler piece of the pie for lyricists that hvae a message or where the lyrics are the main reason for buying the CD; than the other stuff..

camrons lyrics really are horrible, but i like some of his songs becaus of the beats, and the playful nature of his lyrics..

effzee

lloyd is amazing IMO but his album didnt showcase that talent. if u liked his album then listen to his mixtapes....he will impress u even more.

as for the original question, yes if u liked hunger for more u will like the g unit album and 50's album.

Renegade

Banned
Terror Squad - True Story is better than Lloyd's CD. Even though it is not long the rhymes are solid, the beats are sick and it's the REAL New York style. They're obviously influenced by Junior M.A.F.I.A so if you liked Junior M.A.F.I.A. then you'd like this album.

I did not like Hunger For More.

And the best 50 album is "Power of a Dollar". You also might wann check out some of the tracks he features like "Project's 2 Hot" With Nas,Nature and 50 Cent. Thats like my favorite 50 track beside for Wanksta.
True. And Ridin Through The Hood f/ Brooklyn or whatever that chicks name is.

Cam'Rons lyrics are real stupid nowadays but his beats are sick. I much prefer the Cam'ron in the old days. Mase too. Back when they were Killa Kam and Murda Ma$e they were killing it. http://s94806911.onlinehome.us/Murda Mase & Killa Kam & Bluhdshed-Harlem USA (freestyle).mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom