• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I mean...honestly (GTA V related)...

Deerock71

This game just hit #2 recently on the Euro charts. How much money has Take Two left off the table by not porting the XBOX 360 version over to the Switch? It's an honest question. Lock and ban if old.

clarky

Gold Member
Said this loads of times. its cheaper to buy the game with the shark card than it is to just buy the shark card. That's why its always in the charts.

I don't think the switch would handle the online side of things very well.

MrRibeye

I'd prefer it if they keep all hands on deck for GTA 6, rather than pulling some away to port GTA 5 to Switch.

Mephisto40

TBH with you I think part of the problem is the online would have to be monitored heavily on switch in regards to player behaviour

Spyxos

Gold Member
This game just hit #2 recently on the Euro charts. How much money has Take Two left off the table by not porting the XBOX 360 version over to the Switch? It's an honest question. Lock and ban if old.
The Gta 5 simulation of the world, physics and the npcs is probably too heavy for the Switch. And online is probably even harder to implement.

MAX PAYMENT

I could be wrong but I guess it’s because the real money is in online, which the switch likely couldn’t handle, so it’s probably not worth it for them.
That would seem to be the case. Here's to hoping Nintendo enters the modern online gaming scene with the switch 2.

Ecotic

Rockstar probably feels that the 360 and PS3 versions are now crude first-efforts and don't want to release GTA V close to that state again. It's a branding issue, it would hurt the prestige of the Grand Theft Auto brand to receive a down-port on an ancient mobile chipset. GTA V has been remastered for more powerful hardware, and Rockstar thinks those versions are representative of what GTA V is now.

keefged4

They haven't added a 60 fps mode to RDR2 and that game is nearing 70 million unit sold (if it hasn't passed that already).

R* works in mysterious ways.
That's because they want to sell you the vsync off patch as a "Definitive edition". £60 please.

Top Bottom