• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I suck at Phantom Brave.

AniHawk

...Or maybe the game sucks, I don't know. It sure is frustrating that the only strategy I can use is create decoys and use them as bait to create a diversion from Marona. Ash is level 17 and right now I'm playing 6-4. I have three people who are able to fight well besides Marona and Ash, and Ash goes down after five turns anyway. Isn't quite as fun as La Pucelle or Disgaea so far. The story is crappier too, and the voice acting is worse (I want to shoot Marona in the face). Is there a way to level up quickly? A strategy? I want to advance to see if the levels actually open up some more (like in La Pucelle and Disgaea).

Bebpo

Banned
I fucked up and broke the game early on by:

--creating a dungeon master guy
--going into a random dungeon that's high level
--using the bottle thingy to confine to a super high level weapon
--escaping with dungeon guy

The first time it was hard cause the enemies kill the dungeon guy before his turn. But once you steal a high-level SPEED item and give him that it becomes really easy.

So then I had all my party killing things in 1 hit. and so I'd level using the dungeon master and see how far I could go with those weapons. Eventually they wouldn't be powerful enough and I go to an even higher level dungeon and steal stuff. Keep repeating until you're satisfied and then kill all the enemies in the story levels in 1 hit with Marrone.

Yea and the story while good and sad with interesting characters, has really bad pacing and needed a kick in the boots. Hopefully they realize this for PK and make it harder to break the game (I know you can just not do it, but it's really addicting once you start power leveling and hard to stop ;_;)

The way to level up in the game is to have a dungeon monk and a titlist. First, have Marona create someone with the Failure title. Then banish that person. You'll have the Failure title to assign to a person or a dungeon. In this case, you'll want to create a high level dungeon with few enemies and assign the Failure title to that dungeon. By doing this, the monsters in the dungeon will still be at a high level, but their stats will be weakened by the Failure title. You're characters (except Marona) will get experience based on the level of the monsters they fight. They should level quickly.

I didn't finish Phantom Brave because I was bored with it. I liked it at first, but the story and battles because increasingly tedious.

madara

Anihawk you hit on head! i can only stand play it hour a week now. Its nothing like its former two brothers unfornately.

Prospero

AniHawk said:
...Or maybe the game sucks, I don't know. It sure is frustrating that the only strategy I can use is create decoys and use them as bait to create a diversion from Marona. Ash is level 17 and right now I'm playing 6-4.

Ash at Level 17 might be too early for 6-4 (but I don't remember).

You can beat the game with reasonable ease, without using the Failure Dungeon trick, the 3-2 powerleveling trick, or the Bottle Mail (which will all break the game so quickly that you may no longer find it to be entertaining). But it sounds like you definitely need to power up Marona. Have you used the Fusionist to graft skills from items onto Marona? She has a B rating with two offensive spells: PK Rush and Stun Rod. You can buy items with either of those spells from your merchant.

Once Marona can actually defend herself, she starts gaining XP and quickly becomes stronger than all of her Phantoms (except Ash, possibly, depending on how you play). Don't neglect the random dungeons either--they're part of the fun, and by beating a dungeon of 40 floors or so, you can get a title that will add 20% to many of a character's stats.

Top Bottom