• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think DualSense deserves to be treated more like it's own subplatform

Crayon

As long as the devs know the limits & don't have people throwing the controller that's why I mentioned stuff like bowling & not table tennis lol.

Include a pack-in wrist strap. Or I guess sell a wrist strap with a download code lol.

yeah good point. the thing is kinda heavy.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Fun Laughing GIF by Showmax

ahtlas7

Gold Member
I wish it was supported on PC better. Only Cyberpunk maxed out the support and it’s awesome to feel. Most games only offer mid rumble but I still like how it sits in the hand.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I disabled all the shitty gimmicks after 10 min with the astro demo tbh :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Give me actual useful stuff like backbuttons and hall effect sticks for the same price instead.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Its fucking amazing,
They need to make some upgrades.

- Hall Effect sticks and triggers.
- Anti Friction Rings.
- Optional mouse like triggers on a toggle.
- In handle back buttons, flush with handles.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think they should adopt the PSVR2 controller design, but instead of a ring encircling the wrist it would be like the detachable switch controller fobs, that hook onto a central pad. Except the central pad wouldnt be a screen, just a bar to hold an extended battery and provide a normal controller layout.
wp6pNE1.jpeg

So the reason they are designed like that is because when your in VR you can't see your real surroundings, so they put the circle around your wrist so that it hits a wall or object before you do.

So if its not being used for VR, it wouldn't need those circles in it's design. So I think this a good call... although I would just have them by themselves, no cables unless charging.

ap_puff

So the reason they are designed like that is because when your in VR you can't see your real surroundings, so they put the circle around your wrist so that it hits a wall or object before you do.

So if its not being used for VR, it wouldn't need those circles in it's design. So I think this a good call... although I would just have them by themselves, no cables unless charging.
I think the ring has sensors on it too to help them place themselves in relation to each other in 3d space, but IDK if too many developers would utilize that function. There's too much action in normal games to require players to physically act out what the game character is doing.

Top Bottom