• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want this game re-released for windows fucking xp NOW!

ME0000057669_2.jpg

explodet

We need a self-contained console-type PC-thing that will play these old games flawlessly.

Emulators and compatability are still not at acceptable levels.

belgurdo

Banned
explodet said:
We need a self-contained console-type PC-thing that will play these old games flawlessly.

Wasn't the Phantom supposed to do that?

xsarien

daedsiluap
explodet said:

You can probably build a high-end 486 for less than whatever it'd cost to buy it.

Does no one know how to make DOS boot disks anymore? I'm just saying.

Ok, the drivers thing for the sound card might be a problem if you have a newer, non-SB card.

Error Macro said:
Does no one know how to make DOS boot disks anymore? I'm just saying.

Ok, the drivers thing for the sound card might be a problem if you have a newer, non-SB card.

DOS boot disks won't help you if you have Windows XP or 2000 on an NTFS partition. You still need HD space to install the game.

The Sound Blaster Live! cards had crappy DOS support and those are fairly old sound cards. You're probably SOL with newer sound cards, even Creative made ones like the Audigy.

Ugh, you're right. I forgot about the NTFS thing. What a shame. I'm fortunate that I've got several computers at work and home that still have Win 98/DOS on them that I can use if I ever get the fancy to play a DOS game that requires the real deal.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
shit, that was the first game that made me really want a gaming pc. i never did play it :(

Top Bottom