• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Zoo Keeper!

jarrod

Banned
Do we know for sure if DS is region locked or not?

ss01a.jpg

ss01b.jpg

ss02a.jpg

ss02b.jpg

ss03a.jpg

ss03b.jpg

ss04a.jpg

ss04b.jpg

ss05a.jpg

ss05b.jpg

ss06a.jpg

ss06b.jpg

ss07a.jpg

ss07b.jpg

ss08a.jpg

ss08b.jpg

....Konami should pick it up as a cheap launch title. Looks fun as shit.

Meier

I cant tell what's going on :( The top animals remind me of the crazy cut scene art style from Katamari Damacy.

SaitoH

What is this abomination?! Zoo Keeper is one of my favourite classic arcade games.

This is the REAL Zoo Keeper:

wZoo_Keeper.png

I was mislead! MISLEAD!

T_T

Ok, you may go about your business.

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
This abomination is essentially Bejeweled all dolled up with extra modes and challenges, and is one of the best of the portable puzzler crop.

It's been released for GBA and PS2 in Japan, and Atari just recently released the PS2 version in PAL.

Magnanimous: the shockwave.jp url still works fine for me, you just have to wait through the ad first. It's also been stolen and mirrored at http://www.ebaumsworld.com/zookeeper.html

The handheld and console versions have the extra modes, making them definitely worth a purchase for any system.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've played the flash version of that game. i'm amazingly bad at it.

and boy, best graphics on ds, or what? more 2d games, fewer inept 3d games!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
i played the ass out of Zoo! on the GBA... not sure where they can take it with new modes, but hey...

jedimike

Definitely a game that requires a touch screen...looks like the top screen is just going to be animations though. Shows your score, level, and the number of times you've matched the animals. Probably get extra points for matching the animal currently on screen.

Should be lots of fun. Hopefully budget priced.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SaitoH said:
What is this abomination?! Zoo Keeper is one of my favourite classic arcade games.

This is the REAL Zoo Keeper:

wZoo_Keeper.png

I was mislead! MISLEAD!

T_T

Ok, you may go about your business.

yeah i thought this was zoo keeper also. this just looks like a fancy version of bejeweled.

I absolutely love that the top screen is completely dedicated to showing zany cube animals freak out. And I'm not even kidding. GOTY!!

pilonv1

brandonnn said:
It's been released for GBA and PS2 in Japan, and Atari just recently released the PS2 version in PAL.

I thought it was Midas? It's a budget title too (AUS$30), but I think they renamed it Zoo Puzzle.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm completely hooked on this game. what's the actual name of the japanese gba version? "zoo keeper" isn't turning anything up. i thought it was called "zoooooo" or something, but that doesn't seem to be it either.

demi

After playing this for a few rounds, I can easily say that I would probably pick this up as a time-waster.

Jonnyram

drohne said:
i'm completely hooked on this game. what's the actual name of the japanese gba version? "zoo keeper" isn't turning anything up. i thought it was called "zoooooo" or something, but that doesn't seem to be it either.
It's called "ZOOO".

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
ME0000415968_2.jpg

The first non-flash version, features a time attack, score attack, 'quest' mode (different challenges for each level like 'capture 15 pandas'), etc.

ME0000415922_2.jpg

Includes all of the above, and a new mode with a double-wide playfield for simultaneous 2-player:

frame02.jpg

198120-400x1000.jpg

The new budget-priced PAL version.

There's a PSP version planned too, which I'll probably end up buying despite myself.

drohne said:
i've played the flash version of that game. i'm amazingly bad at it.

and boy, best graphics on ds, or what? more 2d games, fewer inept 3d games!
I don't know if you play these games like me, but what I do is essentially click every block I can until I get a decent chain. So yeah, I'm in the 10,000 club. I don't have a mind that can see ahead.

Top Bottom