• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idris Elba - Hijack (AppleTV+)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

First ep out now. 7 part limited series taking place in real time.

Told in real time, Hijack is a tense thriller that follows the journey of a hijacked plane as it makes its way to London over a seven-hour flight, and as authorities on the ground scramble for answers. Starring and executive produced by SAG Award winner and Emmy Award nominee Idris Elba, Hijack was created by George Kay (“Lupin,” “Criminal”) and Jim Field Smith (“Criminal,” “Truth Seekers”), who also wrote and lead directed the series respectively. The series also stars Emmy Award and NAACP Image Award winner Archie Panjabi (“The Good Wife,” “Snowpiercer,” “Blindspot”).

Spyxos

Gold Member
Looks interesting, I don't know if it's not too long with 7 episodes, if they only stay on the plane.

jason10mm

Gold Member
So...a mole is revealed every other ep, a cougar strikes out of an overhead luggage bin inducing amnesia in a first class passenger, Elba never needs to sleep, shit, or eat (for 7 hours I'll allow it), and there is a 50/50 chance they all jump to a new plane mid-flight...

Trogdor1123

So...a mole is revealed every other ep, a cougar strikes out of an overhead luggage bin inducing amnesia in a first class passenger, Elba never needs to sleep, shit, or eat (for 7 hours I'll allow it), and there is a 50/50 chance they all jump to a new plane mid-flight...
perfection GIF

DrFigs

It may be oddly specific to me. But I love shows/movies about people who are just really good at their job. First episode definitely has me hooked.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Is this any good. I saw it last night in apple. Might give it a watch tonight.

Generally Apple has knocked it out of the park with shows. And that's me a person who genuinely hates apple saying that

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
First episode was pretty good, will continue (looks like ep 2 is up as well). Idris is Mr. Cool.

Trilobit

First episode had a very nice nerve and excitement these kind of shows need. Hopefully it will continue on this level.

ShadowNate

I think a lot of the cast acts like a complete dumbass in the first two episodes so that the plot can work.
I'll be watching only for Elba's presence, and to a lesser degree because I used to be a sucker for airplane disaster/action/hijacking movies. And hopefully this won't get too ridiculous.

NekoFever

It’s quite fun but I’m finding it getting increasingly stupid.

Like the bullet thing.

They showed they had blanks in the first episode and that made sense because you don’t want to fire live rounds on a plane, and a blank at close range can still fuck a person up. But when this comes up as a plot point, they literally call guns loaded with blanks “fake guns”.

This could be cool if it’s randoms with a misconception and it ends with someone getting their face shot off, but no, this is the opinion of an ex-military expert and the show appears to just be going with guns loaded with blanks being fake 🤷‍♂️

I can enjoy dumb fun when it’s knowingly so. I’m just worried it’s heading towards plain dumb.

RaduN

It's a shit show. I'm at ep 5, and apart from the obviously interesting premise, it's all just craptastic writting and shit characters all around. Not a single redeeming quality.
About in the same league as From.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The cougar in the overhead bin show up yet? Or at least a snake in a crate or an aggressive chihuahua? Gotta be an animal in there somewhere :p

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I hope the main character is named Jack and in the first lines someone says "Hi Jack"

But show looks like it could be interesting. I like Elba. Good actor, great island for deposed dictators though.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
7 hours is just too long.

Should have been 2-3 hour flight tops, perhaps to Marbella or Benidorm. Could have maybe even had Tony Tucker, Pat Tate and Rolfie on the flight for some dastardly shenanigans, doing lines of coke off a seat tray and flicking peanuts to antagonize other passengers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom