• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If SP goes down to $79, should Nintendo do a GCN/SP for $150?

Alcibiades

I mean, they'd probably be AT WORST breaking even on a bundle like this. A good time to do this would be next spring, when price cuts happen and PSP are about to be released...

I think they should, and include a connectivity cable plus Pac-Man Vs. and maybe a Four Swords Adventure Demo.

Matlock

Banned
I could see it happening, albeit not before Christmas 2006 or so. Don't want to rob the spotlight from the DS and the Revolution, now do you? :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
If you were gonna say Christmas, I'd say that'd be bad, because it'd hurt DS sales for christmas maybe, but before the PSP would be a good move.

Alcibiades

Matlock said:
I could see it happening, albeit not before Christmas 2006 or so. Don't want to rob the spotlight from the DS and the Revolution, now do you? :p

I mean a SP + GCN bundle, I didn't notice the title in time to edit.

Can a mod or someone please add change it to "If SP goes down to $79, should Nintendo do a GCN/SP bundle for $150?"

Matlock

Banned
Uh, that's what we all assumed you meant. Bundling it anywhere neaer one of the Nintendo system launches would be Sega-Level Retarded.

Memles

The idea has merit, mind you...$180 own to $150, throw in Pac-Man Vs. and a Four Swords Demo...I think the idea works really well.

Mind you, the SP will sell really well on its own. This is the type of thing you save for a big Spring "Hey, the DS rocks, so buy our other systems" push from Nintendo to counter the PSP.

Alcibiades

Matlock said:
Uh, that's what we all assumed you meant. Bundling it anywhere neaer one of the Nintendo system launches would be Sega-Level Retarded.

well, by next May, the DS would have been established for a few months, plus slow summer is about to start, PSP has just launched or is about to, and XBox and/or PS2 are getting a price cut, so I think that may be a good time to, even if seems close to a DS launch.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Indeed. Nintendo (and everyone else) is going to need to do what they can to gain momentum in the spring, and this (with a big ad push) would work really well, imo.

cvxfreak

I hope Nintendo does this before November, because this'll be one of those Black Friday deals people can't resist. For $70 more, a GC will definitely be attractive.

snapty00

Banned
Back in 2001, they should've bundled the GBA and GameCube together for $220 and not allowed you to buy them separately. :) It's too little too late now, though.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
snapty00 said:
Back in 2001, they should've bundled the GBA and GameCube together for $220 and not allowed you to buy them separately. :) It's too little too late now, though.

he says, like that's not financial suicide.

puck1337

Memles said:
That'd have to be $180. You might as well BUY Four Swords.
Why does everything have to be a deal compared to retail? The bundle is for convenience and to say "LOOK HOW CHEAP THIS PACKAGE IS!"

Top Bottom