• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have Winamp and you enjoy FUCKED UP SHIT... (FUCKED UP SHIT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus God. First off, I think you need Winamp 5 to do this. If you don't have it, get it. It's worth it just for this nutzo trick. Credit goes to some dude from SA's forums which I can't check because they just went down. Here are the instructions to fucking wig out your computer;

<Mike_Works> okay, so open winamp (5)
<Mike_Works> Go to Options-Preferences-Plugins-Visualizations
<Mike_Works> Select Advanced Visualization Studio (AVS)
<Mike_Works> Press 'Start' - a crappy little visualization window should show up, one that is far inferior to milkdrop.
<Mike_Works> Right click in the new window, then select 'Dock to AVS editor'
<Mike_Works> Settings-Display
<Mike_Works> On the top right, there is a button that says 'Overlay mode.' It should be unchecked. Check it.
<Mike_Works> Click on the button that says color, and it changing colors rapidly beneath the checkbox.
<Mike_Works> Select your color of choice, or white. (I picked white)
<Mike_Works> [Click on "Set Color To Desktop" ]
<Mike_Works> Click okay, close the AVS editor.
<Mike_Works> (or just close it)
<Mike_Works> Have a seizure.

The colors, gentlemen.

THE COLORS!

Vlad

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this just replacing the desktop with a full-screen version of the Winamp AVS?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Really? I hear a lot of shit about all versions of winamp after 3.

Oh wait, I just looked, it's 2.97. That probably makes a difference.

No. It's replacing ANYTHING with the color you set it on with the visualization. If you set it on white, everything white on *any*thing running, including the taskbar, web browsers, ICQ, AIM, Fuckmehard, whatever you have with white will show the visualization instead of white.

It's really trippy to use IRC or something with a lot of black text and set the overlay to black.

Winamp 5 is pretty much winamp 2 plus some features from 3.

Hooker

Lol, setting it to black is even worse in webbrowsers. All the text in like every window you have keeps in changing. Kind cool actually

B'z-chan

Banned
I knew about this since beta its pretty cool but can get annoying quickly
Its fun to do while your at work though it freaks people out.

TIP try setting it to a visualisation that has a lot of black in it. And set the color up for black. And then have someone try and do there work on the computer. It will freak them out cause the colors witll mess the text up. I'm always getting told we got a virus on the computers over at work. Makes my day a little more fun.

aoi tsuki

After five minutes of looking at it my eyes starting hurting a litle and my stomach got a little queasy. Don't know if that's because of my epilepsy or just tiredness.

Cool though.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hahahah this is so fucked up. I can't even see what the fuck I'm typing. This fucking rocks.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
wow this is great, now i just need some weed

(Stop the visualisation for a sec to look at what im going through...)

trippy.gif

Aww damn that doesnt work...alwell me0wned

heh i can't even listen to music on my pc. when i try to listen to something i hear this damn rattling coming out of my speakers. so much for creatives pieces of shit

Hollllly crap this is trippy.. all my windows have the AVS in them. Even the background of this message.. wonder if it works in IRC.. nope. damn.

Actually it does.. if you pick black. wooo :)

Gattsu25

Banned
meh...reverted back to 2.97 after realizing that 5 sucked (interface changes and cross fades in 5 are appreciated...nothing else is)

guess i gotta redownload it for this =\

Fatalah

If you run Milkdrop, and you right click it while its windowed, go to Desktop Mode. Its just as cool. Except ya know..its just the desktop.

Desperado

Gattsu25 said:
meh...reverted back to 2.97 after realizing that 5 sucked (interface changes and cross fades in 5 are appreciated...nothing else is)

guess i gotta redownload it for this =\

what the hell? what about 5 sucks?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my....

Way cool find, Totally impractical, headache inducing, the risk of having flashbacks whilst working on shit just jumped 1000%...

It stays :D

Freeburn.

spengo

I must be retarded. Why the hell can't I get this to work for me?

What does this mean.. "and it changing colors rapidly beneath the checkbox."

Bowser

omg black is soooo weird...the text is like flashing and everything, haha

edit: Especially with Tuggummi - Magma Flow II

Whoa...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
If you have a good grfx card and cpu...and a lot of (fast) RAM, Drempels is a much more satisfying experience.

Otaking

WooOOOooo! I see the colors that make the world! Seriously, this is a great trick. Thank you for showing me how I'll keep my PC running from now on....

Che

Banned
OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG! OMFG!

etiolate

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
If you have a good grfx card and cpu...and a lot of (fast) RAM, Drempels is a much more satisfying experience.

I downloaded that and tried it. I wasn't that impressed at first, AVS looked better. BUT THEN! But then I changed the pictures folder to my digicam folder and now its straight freaky.

spengo

Finally figured it out! I have video out and I had it set on clone so the overlay wasn't working before.

Cool!

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
HOLY SHIT! I DID'NT KNOW WINAMP COULD DO THIS!

THIS IS AWESOME. I'm SOOOO smoking up tonight!

DaCocoBrova said:

That's just the thing though. The hardware requirements are much higher.

This looks pretty cool and I doubt it's really siphoning that much power than the regular windows AVS.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yay, this is quite enjoyable. I think I'll have Winamp running in stealth mode and playing a song on infinite loop with this visualization running in order to freak out whoever else uses this PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom