• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Article on NDS Pokemon and dual-cartridge feature

Bandicoot

Big Things for NDS Pokemon

Expect a lot from Diamond, Pearl and Dash.

October 20, 2004 - Nintendo pretty much confirmed NDS as the successor machine to the Game Boy Advance with the announcement that Pokemon Diamond & Pearl would be appearing on the system. As successors to the mega million selling series of portable Pokemon RPGs, these games could end up bringing the franchise's massive fan base to the new portable.

In a recent interview found in Japan's Famitsu magazine, Nintendo revealed that it's not cutting corners on the game. Commented Tsunekazu Ishihara, president of Creatures Inc., "We've developed many entries in the Pokemon series. Among those, titles such as Pokemon Ruby & Saphire and Emerald are the backbone of the series. We've started developing the NDS Pokemon Diamond & Pearl as the true successors to these games. They will be the definitive entries in the series, so please look forward to them."

The good stuff doesn't end with Diamond & Pearl, though. Ishihara also talked about Pokemon Dash's dual cartridge feature with the magazine. Nintendo revealed at last week's press conference that gamers would be able to connect a Game Boy Advance Pokemon cartridge to the NDS while Dash was being played. Ishihara clarified: "While playing Pokemon Dash, if you insert a Pokemon-related Game Boy Advance cartridge, your Pokemon will become a race course. It will become a fun course in the shape of a Pokemon."

Racing on a course shaped like a Pokemon should be lots of fun for Poke-freaks, as should playing through the definitive Pokemon RPGs. Pokemon fans will definitely want to take a close look at the DS later this year.

-- Anoop Gantayat

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Umm..it's a little rude to copy an entire article from another website and have no link to it. Even if you do link, you should only quote selectively from it, not paste in the whole thing..

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
About time we got a fresh pokemon game! i did not buy leaf green/fire red becausei felt nintendo was whoring to much!

Bandicoot

Hmm I figured it was ok since I see posts like this on the board all the time. Either way, my bad and I guess ill just quote and link from now on... =P

Do The Mario said:
About time we got a fresh pokemon game! i did not buy leaf green/fire red becausei felt nintendo was whoring to much!

LG/FR are the best entries in the pokemon series yet.

I really do hope diamond and pearl are compatible with the GBA games somehow.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Bandicoot said:
Hmm I figured it was ok since I see posts like this on the board all the time. Either way, my bad and I guess ill just quote and link from now on... =P

Don't think it happens that much..it's a pet peeve of mine, and i generally point it out when it's done, but i haven't in a long while. Then again, i'm not in every thread ;)

edit - you can also edit your original post, if you want..

neptunes

and yeah, nintendo will also reveal pokémon emerald & pearl details during the first week of december (DS JP launch)

not that I care about pokémon or anything...

Zilch

Banned
Hmm... the first main-series Pokemon games that haven't been released on a Gameboy. I really really really hope they switch it up this time around. I want some innovation.

Also, simple 3d models on prerendered backgrounds would be nice.

mCACGj

"Nintendo pretty much confirmed NDS as the successor machine to the Game Boy Advance with the announcement that Pokemon Diamond & Pearl would be appearing on the system."

How does this confirm it's the true successor to GBA? Putting your main franchise on a portable to boost sales makes sense to me. I just don't see the logic behind this comment. When the next Gameboy does come out, or the next Nintendo portable I'm sure there will be a true Pokemon game as well.

Top Bottom